2 achievements glitched?

ArchangelXZ

hey guys so i just busted my balls for a long time doing veteran difficulty, and it's safe to say it is one of the harder difficulties of the CoD series...

i wasn't paying too much attention to the achievements, but i was aware that i'd get one for doing it in veteran...

so i finish game the credits roll achievement unlocked for completing the game..

but none unlocked for completing it on veteran and i also realised the one for completing, numbers, project nova and victor charlie, yet i did them all veteran and started from the start used save and exit... and resume game..

whats up with that i am fairly pissed i won't lie

I ran into this problem last night.

When you save and exit and then continue the next day it selects Regular difficulty and doesn't continue on Veteran.

Go to mission select and choose where you left off and select veteran. I had to do them all again but got the achievement(s) tonight.

the more threads i see on this the more i think it's random dumb luck. I played this on Veteran saved and quit, and continued like you normally would and didn't have a single problem getting the achievements. It sucks for the op but the only choice is to replay the missions.

No i had the same problem. I didnt get the Cold Warrior achievement, which is Operation 40, Vorkuta and Executive Order. Also Complete on veteran. But i know i didnt change the difficulty at all. I also know i selected veteran and the game treated it as Veteran as when i stuck my ass out one bullet and dead :(

No i had the same problem. I didnt get the Cold Warrior achievement, which is Operation 40, Vorkuta and Executive Order. Also Complete on veteran. But i know i didnt change the difficulty at all. I also know i selected veteran and the game treated it as Veteran as when i stuck my ass out one bullet and dead :(

i'm sorry to here it, and to to the others as well, safe to say i can share in the pain haha

tonight i'm going to try those 3 again just on veteran, see what happens, although even when i go to mission select and scroll down to the level it shows instantly as veteran which is weird...

if that doesn't work i'll finish the other achievements and in about a month or so my blood pressure would of come down enough to go through it again hahah!

thanks for the replies though, will try out the suggestions

A little off-topic, but Walter Sobcheck was right. Khe Sanh was a bitch. Now that's fuckin' combat.. The men in the black pajamas... Worthy fuckin adversary; not like what we have now, today we're fighting a bunch of towelheads in the sand trying to find 'reverse' on a Soviet tank; that is not a worthy adversary.

Cookies or pancakes for whoever gets the references (I hope a lot of you do, it's one of the funniest movies of all time).

He died, like so many young men of his generation before his time. In your wisdom, Lord, you took him, as you took so many bright flowering young men at Khe Sanh... at Langdok... at Hill 364!

Edited by PuttyGod

Same thing happened to me. Got the Veteran for certain levels except one set in the middle of the campaign. I'll just have to replay them I guess and hope I get it afterwards.

I think Pathfinder is glitched too. Unless I'm just doing it in the wrong spot or doing something wrong all together. Is it when you're in the Blackbird looking at a TV and telling them where to go? I make them go in the house (maybe mistake because of the firefight) then cap the dudes on the ridge, then go prone, then go to the barracks then to the last spot. Is that not right?

I'm not sure, but my guess with Pathfinder is that YOU can't die. Since you direct the men but then take control for the firefights, that's my guess, especially since it's impossible to lose one of your four guys without insta-failing. I haven't even looked into it yet, but that was my take.

Well I just played through Executive Order on Veteran and after doing so the Cold Warrior and Black Ops Master achievements both unlocked :)

Not sure how it could skip just that one level on Veteran. Screwed up game it is :@ But Hopefully all you guys having trouble like OP, many others and myself will be able to get these bugged cheevies :) Good Luck.

I'm not sure, but my guess with Pathfinder is that YOU can't die. Since you direct the men but then take control for the firefights, that's my guess, especially since it's impossible to lose one of your four guys without insta-failing. I haven't even looked into it yet, but that was my take.

Oh, I died a few times while I was the people, I'll have to try while I'm on Recruit. Thanks for your help.

Same thing happened to me. Got the Veteran for certain levels except one set in the middle of the campaign. I'll just have to replay them I guess and hope I get it afterwards.

I think Pathfinder is glitched too. Unless I'm just doing it in the wrong spot or doing something wrong all together. Is it when you're in the Blackbird looking at a TV and telling them where to go? I make them go in the house (maybe mistake because of the firefight) then cap the dudes on the ridge, then go prone, then go to the barracks then to the last spot. Is that not right?

Yeah you can't die. The achievement will unlock when you exit the barracks. Strange thing happened to me when I went for that achievement. I made it to the barracks. Killed the soilders went to move into the second room to blow the power. This Russian came out from around the corner I shot him he didn't die! He ran up to me to melee me and froze in place. so i stabbed him still didn't die. shot him he still didn't die. so now he is chasing me around the room I wasted 2 clips on him and he still didn't die. I plant the charges and kite him around the room until the next part opens up so I can leave the barraks.

I've seen this a lot, it seems that when you save and quit it doesn't unlock. I don't know whether it's a coincidence or if it's a glitch or even if Treyarch made it like this on purpose.
I know I have also read that the vet achievements not unlocking. But, you can't say this is the problem when dozens of people said they have saved and quit without a hitch. The good news is that the fix is to replay the levels. The bad news is you have to replay the levels.