My YouTube Channel, With Track Walkthroughs!

l Zleek l

Hey guys, I have posted some videos before with walkthroughs of the Extreme tracks on Origins of Pain, but I just got a new capture card and am recording walkthroughs, with actual screen capture, of the new Riders of Doom DLC for the Platinum Achievement, here is the first video, with the track being The Dome of Doom.

I apologize for the length, but I try to be in depth, I also apologize for my voice, as I have a massive headache today, but quality is sure to increase as I make more videos.

Give me some feed back, and enjoy :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4-8ruDLfc8]Trials Guide - The Dome Of Doom Platinum - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiqz-CaFqpQ]Trials Guide - Anno Domini Platinum - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQUuLr6EgJg]Trials Guide - Anno Domini - Alt Path W/Scorion - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlZANiYc1PU]Trials Guide - Backwaters Platinum Walkthrough - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4fn4cSkQHU]Trials Guide - Bazaar Run Platinum Walkthrough - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by l Zleek l

Nice. I was hoping someone would make platinum videos with commentary, but it seems like nobody on this site cared about this new DLC. I mean, I understand how ridiculous DLC is getting, but Trials is a great series and always adds a good amount of content for a good price.

I've been making due with leaderboard videos. Learned a few shortcuts on some of the tracks, but honestly those guys just handle their bikes too perfectly for anyone who doesn't play the game 24/7 to match.

Anyway, if I could, I'd like to request Anno Domini, Lumberjack, and Dystopia videos next. The time limits on these are too strict. I have Anno and Lumberjack down to one second off the platinum times. On Dystopia, I had what I considered to be a near flawless run, only had a slight hiccup in two spots that might have cost me a couple seconds at most, and am 14 seconds off the platinum time.

Which also leads me to the question of how Redlynx decides on medal times. The gold time for Dystopia is 2:10; the platinum time is 1:06. That's more than a minute difference, ffs.

There are easy tracks in this DLC? I thought it was Medium+.

Which also leads me to the question of how Redlynx decides on medal times. The gold time for Dystopia is 2:10; the platinum time is 1:06. That's more than a minute difference, ffs.
That minute difference is because they took out the extra time added for being able to fault. With Gold you're allowed to fault X amount of times. Each restart takes X amount of time to redo. So they can't have you going for a no-fault time and faulting X times. Edited by Dog Face

Thanks for the videos, Zleek, but I'm going to pass on this achievement. These platinum times are completely unreasonable. Even the top leaderboard times on most of the tracks are only two or three seconds lower than the time.

I can do the tracks flawlessly, I know all the obstacles, I go through them as fast as I can, and end up seconds off. I replay the tracks for hours and hours without ever being able to make up those few seconds. I watch leaderboard replays and they look just the same as what I'm doing but somehow they're faster.

As much as I'd like to get this achievement and retain this completion, it's clear that Redlynx only wanted the experts to complete this.

Zleek, this is money. Thank you!! I got closer once but bite it in the end. Have you tried/successfully accomplished a platinum run by dropping down as opposed to going up? If possible could you show a guide/give any tips on taking the low road?

Thanks buddy!!

Ps. Platinum count is 8 so far

Thanks for the videos, Zleek, but I'm going to pass on this achievement. These platinum times are completely unreasonable. Even the top leaderboard times on most of the tracks are only two or three seconds lower than the time.

I can do the tracks flawlessly, I know all the obstacles, I go through them as fast as I can, and end up seconds off. I replay the tracks for hours and hours without ever being able to make up those few seconds. I watch leaderboard replays and they look just the same as what I'm doing but somehow they're faster.

As much as I'd like to get this achievement and retain this completion, it's clear that Redlynx only wanted the experts to complete this.

EXACTLY how I feel. I mean I could not have said this better myself.

Alright, updated again with an alternate route with the scorpion on Anno Domini, might be a little easier for people struggling with the pheonix, it uses the 'lower' path so you can avoid doing those high risk jumps. Hope it helps!

More videos to come, open to suggestions, and it doesn't have to be this DLC it can be anything or any achievement really

Zleek your guides for the last dlc did help me and i am very grateful for your contribution to this site. Personally i would love if you did a guide/commentary for every track plat. so we have a general idea of what bike to use and what not. Not saying you have to but you asked for feedback and being as this ach. is rediculous i think it would very helpful for the people who are actually willing to go for this. I am a decent trials player and have completed the first one and i didnt think i would be able to to the last dlc but managed it somehow so im gonna try for this one too but i honestly dont know if i can do it without some help. Just giving my two cents thanks for all your help!

Zleek your guides for the last dlc did help me and i am very grateful for your contribution to this site. Personally i would love if you did a guide/commentary for every track plat. so we have a general idea of what bike to use and what not. Not saying you have to but you asked for feedback and being as this ach. is rediculous i think it would very helpful for the people who are actually willing to go for this. I am a decent trials player and have completed the first one and i didnt think i would be able to to the last dlc but managed it somehow so im gonna try for this one too but i honestly dont know if i can do it without some help. Just giving my two cents thanks for all your help!

No problem, I was likely doing this anyways, I was just trying to see if people liked the general feel of the guides, as well as making sure the most requested tracks were done first. People seem to like to use them so I will work on making more.

You just have to keep trying. These times are reasonable. I got plat. on one track and 150th rank. The #1 guy is still 8 seconds faster than me.

added a walkthrough to Backwaters! next up is one my personal favorites, Overpass Action.

Look for it in about 2 hours :)

Edit: Scratch that, my brain decided to forget to hit record on the commentary, so it will probably be up either late tonight or tomorrow. sorry guys!

Edited by l Zleek l

You just have to keep trying. These times are reasonable. I got plat. on one track and 150th rank. The #1 guy is still 8 seconds faster than me.

As I said, I have been trying. I put in close to 30 hours play time since I bought this DLC and only ended up with half the platinums. I honestly just don't care enough to keep running the same track repeatedly for days on end hoping to maybe knock a couple milliseconds off my time.

For the vast majority of players these times are not reasonable. I'm aware there are a few tracks where the top times are 5-10 seconds below platinum, but most of them are only a couple seconds below. It just indicates that Redlynx made the platinum goals too close to what is actually possible in a perfect run.

There seems to be a new trend with developers adding incredibly hard DLC achievements to otherwise easy games; most likely in an attempt to prolong play times of DLCs that are really only 3 or 4 hours long. I've struggled to keep a lot of completions, and lost a lot of completions because of it this year.

There seems to be a new trend with developers adding incredibly hard DLC achievements to otherwise easy games; most likely in an attempt to prolong play times of DLCs that are really only 3 or 4 hours long. I've struggled to keep a lot of completions, and lost a lot of completions because of it this year.

I've noticed that too. Dishonored I think got a DLC which made it a lot harder than it already was, and there's more games out there that have done the same thing. Personally I believe all achievements in a game should be at the same difficulty level across both the original game and DLC.

Nice videos and i am sure they will help if i get stuck. One thing though, you sound so depressed and in a can't be arsed mode when doing your commentary, cheer up man! :p

haha part of it is my voice is naturally very deep, and that comes across more so over a microphone, and I have been very sick/congested the past few days, but I will try and sound more cheery in newer videos :)

Recording Bazaar Run as of right now

I have only 3 left, Overpass Action which is really annoying to do. Bazaar run which i can do with no problems until the very end, i can just never make that jump to the finish first time, and Nature Calls which i haven't tried yet but some of those jumps specifically the raft section is going to be frustrating.

EDIT - Now only 1 left, did Overpass Action and Bazaar Run this morning, so just got Nature Calls to do. I did it in 1 fault and easily beat the platinum time so i know i can do it, just need to get rid of that silly fault!

Edited by MartyMcFal