Boss Guide

Xx Overkill VR

Chapter 2: Genshin

This battle is all about patience wait for him to strike at you. When he starts doing his combo keep blocking until he breaks your guard, that's your cue to dodge to the side and hit him with a combo of your own, also try to hit when he does his dash attack. After he does an aerial attack then you can go crazy on him because he looses his guard.

Chapter 3: Wormbot

Stay in the corner and fire charged arrows at it's face. When it starts to move in Dash/jump to the other side of the the tunnel, unless he is upside down, if he is upside down you can pelt the hell out of him. When he shoots the fish at you cast a spell, the circle that envelops you will kill the fish before they touch you giving you essence and damage on Wormbot. The blue face is easy to dodge, just wait until it gets about 10 feet away and then Dash/jump perpendicular to it.

Chapter4: Blind Monster

As soon as the battle starts run to the edge of the arena. Charge up lvl 2 arrows and hit him in the face. When he gets too close run through his legs to get behind him. When you are under him you will have to wait for him to ground pound for a safe escape so until he does so attack him. If you try to get out from under him to early then he will hit you hard. When you are behind him charge up another arrow. Rinse and repeat.

Chapter 4: Alexei

You can counter his attacks fairly easily, if the counter fails dash to his side. He grabs a lot, so if you feel a grab coming dash/jump directly away from him. When he starts spinning, dash/jump perpendicular him, then wait a second and do it again. He will usually repeat his spinning move 2 or 3 times.

Chapter 5: Water Dragon

The easiest way to do this it to go under water right in front of him with the lunar staff and spam "Y." If you don't want to use the Lunar, I'm sure the method works with other weapons, but if you're still having trouble, stay on land and shoot charged arrows at it. Block the Ice Shards and cast ninpo when he does the Sonic Boom attack.

Chapter 6: Bone Wolf

Get between one of his legs and his tail, he can only hit you by kicking his leg. When he's about to kick you, dash to his other leg and continue hitting him. Try not to get grabbed. If you do get grabbed then mash all the buttons to break free before he does some massive damage.

Chapter 6: Volf

Right away Dash/Jump to the side, a lot of times he opens with a Scythe UT. Other than that this should be pretty easy. His attacks are slow and most of them can be blocked, try not to get grabbed and you shouldn't have a problem. Try to conserve health because you have to kill about 20 Werewolves right after this fight.

Chapter 7: Genshin

Ignore the Tech ninjas as much as possible and try to isolate Genshin. If the Tech Ninjas are causing problems, cast Art Of the Inferno and make sure it takes out 3 ninjas. Fight Genshin just like you did in Chapter 2.

Chapter 7: Fire Armadillo

Incendiary Shurikens to the face do a lot of damage and are the best method for taking him out. If you don't have any IS then you will have to go under him and attack him. Avoid his legs and you should be fine. He will fall soon enough, when he does hold down "Block" or the explosion will kill you.

Chapter 8: Zedonious

Try to get as close to him as possible Right after he lands he is extremely vulnerable.

Chapter 9: Giant Worm in Green Tunnels

Sit in one of the side rooms and charge your arrows, shoot when he goes by. If you don't have any arrows then charge a UT and unleash it when he comes by. If he gets you in his attack you have no chance of survival on Warrior or higher.

Chapter 9: Double Dragon Fiends

Shoot fully charged arrows when you get a chance, otherwise never stop moving. If you have the Art of Piercing Void Ninpo at level 3 then it will only take 1 shot and maybe a few arrows to take out one of the Dragons.

Chapter 10: Elizébet

Don't rush into her, let her come to you. Don't try to counter her attacks; it won't work, instead dash twice to get behind her full combo. It should miss, giving you the opportunity to hit her. If you don't knock her off-balance right away, get away from her. Be mindful of her dash attack, be sure to block it, it will hurt a lot and knock you off-balance to set you up for a grab.

Chapter 11: Genshin

This time it's 1 on 1. Be mindful of his attacks, counter and dodge. Not much has changed.

Chapter 12: 2 Armadillos

If you have them spam incendiary shurikens on their heads. Remember to block when they die. If you don't have Incendiary Shurikens, then get up close and combo out on their heads.

Chapter 12: Zedonious (Again)

Dodge his attacks when he's flying. Use Art of the Inferno on his minions. When he's on the ground, fight him close quarters. When he starts his combo on you try to counter the first hit, if that fails then dash/jump away, so you don't get hit by the rest of his combo. Flying swallow has a good chance of knocking him off-balance, take advantage of this. As always try not to get grabbed.

Chapter 12:Volf

Focus all your attention on Volf, he should die almost as easily as he did in CH6. If you are having trouble with his minions then just cast Art of the Inferno to take them out.

Chapter 13: Alexei

Fight him like you fought Zedonius, the only real differences are; Alexei grabs a lot more, he does a spinning move that can be dodged by Dash/Jumping, and you can accidentally kill Sonia.

Chapter 14: Genshin

He seems to have the same moves as previous encounters but he learned a few new ones and is much stronger; he can easily break you guard. He now can use the flying swallow technique and Ryu's signature Izuna Drop. The Izuna Drop does MASSIVE damage but it is rarely used.

Chapter 14: Elizabeth

Keep medium distance away from her, when she's about to lunge block. If she connects with your block then mash your favorite combo that begins with X. If she didn't connect back away for fear of getting pwned. She can also summon blood clot things that hurt you a lot and heal her too. She can also summon a glyph that will trap you and set you up for a grab.

Chapter 14: Dagra-Dai

Okay, if he doesn't summon minions in the first 5 seconds, let him kill you, because he will stay out of reach and make for a really long battle that you probably won't win. All his attacks do massive damage, luckily most of them are easy to dodge, the only thing you should have trouble dodging is the lightning strikes but it it's his only attack that does very little damage. Don't ever get in front of him, if he does hit you it could mean game over quick, each hit does at least 1/5 of your health.

Chapter 14: Premature Arch Fiend

Shoot his face with a charged lvl 2 Arrow, then shoot at the orb in chest. After every hit he spits out blood. This is not for scenery, it does some nice damage. Jump/Dash when he summons blue skulls; somehow you take no damage when you do this. Be very quick with making him flinch from the arrows to avoid getting hit by his fists.

Chapter 14: Arch Fiend Reborn

Here is the best strategy:

*When he is hanging on the side of the ledge he will do one of 2 things. Either he will punch the ground and make a little tremor that will come up wherever you are or he will charge up a white beam that does a lot of damage. To dodge the ground pound just jump. The white beam is a little easier to dodge; just move far off to the side keeping to the ledge. While he is on the ledge he can take damage and this is the way you must execute him for a finishing blow.

**He likes to teleport as his main way of movement. When he teleports to the ends of the ledge so that he is above the ground, he will dash by and cause a tremor after him. To dodge this just jump out of his path before he dashes. He will sometimes teleport onto the ground and just randomly walk around. This is your chance to do some massive damage on him. He will take a knee when he is brought down to half health and this marks the increase in the difficulty of the battle.

***Now after the 50% mark he will rarely come back to you for a beating. You must go up to him when he is on the ledge. He also pulls out a new move. The ground around you will start to flash and then electricity hits. Keep jumping and you should dodge this. When he is in the air flying around he hurls fireballs at you during the whole fight, so as long as you are constantly moving when not in direct combat you should be safe

Edited by Xx Overkill VR

If you want to spice this guide up, do a section for the bosses. Make a new topic if you wish. Like difficulty/attacks/strategies/etc. I killed the bosses each in a really short time, so i didn't get to see their attacks. All your other guides are relatively short as well. The skull guide is incomplete, i missed about 3 skulls. But yer, focus some more time on these guides and they should be good. I might make an achievement guide, i am going for the full 1000, so it will be good for me XD.

If you want to spice this guide up, do a section for the bosses. Make a new topic if you wish. Like difficulty/attacks/strategies/etc. I killed the bosses each in a really short time, so i didn't get to see their attacks. All your other guides are relatively short as well. The skull guide is incomplete, i missed about 3 skulls. But yer, focus some more time on these guides and they should be good. I might make an achievement guide, i am going for the full 1000, so it will be good for me XD.

skull guide is now complete..... boss guide will be updated..... test of valor guide will be updated with locations and strats..... i already started an achievement guide for this game..... if you would be so kind as to maybe help me with it along with bumping it up from the second page until it gets stickied

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=75440

Hey, idk if this would work for everyone but for the Chapter 5 water dragon... what i did was i had the TALONS equipped, and when the dragon FIRST comes down and it's head was near the water i rapidly hit Y button to it's head doing an EXTREMELY LARGE amount of damage.... by the time he lifted up his head (by still pressing Y button) i climbed up it and finished him off, the whole fight took maybe 3 seconds... if that...

if anyone tries this also and it works let me know... it'd be interesting to see if i just got lucky or something.

hope this helps someone

peace,

dan

Hey, idk if this would work for everyone but for the Chapter 5 water dragon... what i did was i had the TALONS equipped, and when the dragon FIRST comes down and it's head was near the water i rapidly hit Y button to it's head doing an EXTREMELY LARGE amount of damage.... by the time he lifted up his head (by still pressing Y button) i climbed up it and finished him off, the whole fight took maybe 3 seconds... if that...

if anyone tries this also and it works let me know... it'd be interesting to see if i just got lucky or something.

hope this helps someone

peace,

dan

Well no matter what I seem to do, I cannot get past this idiot of a boss, just picks me up and slams me against the water, then the piranha things bite me. Rinse and repeats and I'm dead. Sucky boss or what! When he drops his head down, I go to attack it, and Ryu just falls in the water and I can't seem to get him back on the ledge, once I'm in the water I'm doomed as trying to control him swimming and attacking while getting mauled by lame ass piranha's just doesn't work.

Edited by GTukC

Any help with elizabet v2. I keep getting totally owned by her glyph grab.

Also after blocking alot of her lunges I'm still not able to hit her, she's either too far away, or instantly blocks as soon as i swing?

EDIT: I actually just figured out a super easy way to get her!

Using the dragon sword/blade of the archfiend...

When she goes into the air jump up and stong attack her ( jump + Y) into her. That knocks her down onto the ground and makes her vulnerable for a few seconds to hit a big combo on her. Took me a while to figure it out, but I just beat her this way without using any heals or anything =).

Edited by Uriel X

Well no matter what I seem to do, I cannot get past this idiot of a boss, just picks me up and slams me against the water, then the piranha things bite me. Rinse and repeats and I'm dead. Sucky boss or what! When he drops his head down, I go to attack it, and Ryu just falls in the water and I can't seem to get him back on the ledge, once I'm in the water I'm doomed as trying to control him swimming and attacking while getting mauled by lame ass piranha's just doesn't work.

This is the easiest way I found for the water dragon. To your right on the platform you start on, there is a small bit of water you can drop onto that is blocked by pillars. I dropped in there and used my spear gun repeatedly on the boss. It doesn't do a lot until his head is down near you but that's ok. Only one of his attacks is able to hurt you (the one where he shoots a streaming jet of water). But when he sends out the ghost fish they will fly right into your line of fire and they usually give you a blue orb or two so you won't even need health items. when he dives under water aim down again at his head. Should be less than a minute to beat him.

Can anyone help me with the Arch-Fiend Bosses, its killing me and the controller is going to end up of the window by the end of tonight, everything i try doesn't work.....surely there must be an easier way to spam this now.....PLEASE!!!

With his first or second form? His first is pretty simply explained but here's some help for his second form. First off; don't get discouraged some times he will just rape you others he'll be as calm as a pussycat. I used the dragon sword for this fight but if your going for another weapon achievement that's fine. When's hes sitting on the ledge with his hands there go behind HIS left hand. I preceeded to use the jump Y attack as this will cause all his fist attacks and grabs to constantly miss. You can also spam Y for some nice damage but be mindful of his grab which will tear you apart. When he begins his beam, stand for about a second and a half and if he moves his hand begin a ninpo (I used wind blades since id did a little damage to him and if he followed up with a fist attack I would be getting ready to end my blades). There's not much you can really do when he's out flying around. When he teleports to a side get close to the wall as possible. I blocked just in case (I don't even know if you can block this attack) but it never hurt me. When he gets up on the platform go crazy on his legs. Some times he'll fall which will net you an extra combo or two. When he gets to abotu 1/6th his health you can use an obliterate technique on him like most bosses. Hope this helps you.

With his first or second form? His first is pretty simply explained but here's some help for his second form. First off; don't get discouraged some times he will just rape you others he'll be as calm as a pussycat. I used the dragon sword for this fight but if your going for another weapon achievement that's fine. When's hes sitting on the ledge with his hands there go behind HIS left hand. I preceeded to use the jump Y attack as this will cause all his fist attacks and grabs to constantly miss. You can also spam Y for some nice damage but be mindful of his grab which will tear you apart. When he begins his beam, stand for about a second and a half and if he moves his hand begin a ninpo (I used wind blades since id did a little damage to him and if he followed up with a fist attack I would be getting ready to end my blades). There's not much you can really do when he's out flying around. When he teleports to a side get close to the wall as possible. I blocked just in case (I don't even know if you can block this attack) but it never hurt me. When he gets up on the platform go crazy on his legs. Some times he'll fall which will net you an extra combo or two. When he gets to abotu 1/6th his health you can use an obliterate technique on him like most bosses. Hope this helps you.

For his first form, hit him in the face with a 2nd harged arrow, then use your gravity ninpo when his circle is blue, takes a nasty chunk out of his health, plus you wont need ninpos for his 2nd form(use all 5 and he should be dead for his 1st form)

For his first form, hit him in the face with a 2nd harged arrow, then use your gravity ninpo when his circle is blue, takes a nasty chunk out of his health, plus you wont need ninpos for his 2nd form(use all 5 and he should be dead for his 1st form)

You can also shoot his stomach with charged arrows. It's true ninpo wont do much damage to his second form but it still makes you immune to his attacks.

Good work... i have found some hardness with the blind guy in chapter four.. so i am trying this first thing tomorrow

It's also easy if you don't want to take the risk of running between his legs, use the wall run to your advantage. Your much faster that way and you can easily get to the other side of the arena and shoot off a full charged arrow before he gets there.

This is the easiest way I found for the water dragon. To your right on the platform you start on, there is a small bit of water you can drop onto that is blocked by pillars. I dropped in there and used my spear gun repeatedly on the boss. It doesn't do a lot until his head is down near you but that's ok. Only one of his attacks is able to hurt you (the one where he shoots a streaming jet of water). But when he sends out the ghost fish they will fly right into your line of fire and they usually give you a blue orb or two so you won't even need health items. when he dives under water aim down again at his head. Should be less than a minute to beat him.
Another way I did Is flying swallow his head with lvl 3 dragon sword (for those out there that haven't realised you can jump while running on water by pressing A+X) hope that helps