Achievement Glitch?

Death Church

I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else, either on Tetris or any other game. I had 60 points in Tetris and finally won an online game. The "Online Rookie" achievement unlocked, and then my 360 froze. I turned it off, then turned it back on and signed into Live. For some reason it had unlocked all the rest of the Tetris achievement for me. I was kind of disappointed because I wanted to get the rest myself.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 years later...

I just posted this on another site, which just happened to me. I know this is an old thread, but here are some details:

Mine 10 hour online Achievement just unlocked offline after about 30 mins of play in Marathon (most of that was paused) and it said I played for 6mins 42Seconds. Did anyone else have this? I was surprised to see this happen randomly and not see anything online. I'm also having some issues connecting to Xbox Live this evening (18/08/2015) which I don't know if it has anything to do with it. Status on the home page says people are having sign in troubles, though I was online when it happened.

I'll try and say what happened:

1. Started Marathon and in my first game got Rainbow, Clear 5 Lines and the Old School Achievements, nothing weird there.

2. I started a second Marathon game, purposely going for Tetrises to get the Tetris! achievement and the Reach Level 5 achievement along the way. In addition, I wanted to try for the Speedster Achievement which I didn't end up getting near because I died before I completed it, on a much lower level.

3. The game ends and I get the Tetris! and Reach Level 5 Achievements, again, nothing weird here.

4. After those Achievements unlocked at the same time as each other (coming up as 2 for 20G) when the notification ended I pressed the guide button to check the Achievements. It was at this point that the game froze for a second or so and "3 for 50G" came up. These were T-Spin (I definitely didn't do this in the game I did...at least I don't remember doing it. It's feasilble, I suppose, but personally I don't like doing T-Spins so it seems doubtful), the Combo achievement (I might have done this, not sure) and then Online Expert which I definitely didn't do and I wasn't even in an online match.

5. I ponder it for a moment and take some pictures before taking a moment to take my finished dinner to the kitchen, see pictures here:

Note that in the above image, it says I got Rainbow, Clear 5 Lines, Tetris! and Reach Level 5 only.

In the above image here, it says I got no T-Spins, as I thought and my Combo was 1? So I guess that means that 3 of the Achievements randomly unlocked here.

Finally, in this image, simply as reference you can see the 8 Achievements I have as of time of writing.

6. It may also be worth noting then when I got back from the kitchen, I was disconnected to Xbox Live which according to the status is having issues today. I was able to reconnect but was then disconnected again so I don't know. I just thought it might be worth posting this here in case anyone has any ideas or had a similar thing happen to them.