Around the World Shift/Time Goal?

Mister Buds

I'm working on the shift and time goals for all the levels. The Around the World map appears to be impossible on the 360. Maybe not for speed but definitely shifts.

There are only two videos on youtube for the map. Both on the PC. They use a trick of jumping and throwing the ball into the canisters instead of using the jump pads. This is not possible on the 360. You can not throw the balls high enough.

Doing the level the normal way, the time is probably possible, as I'm only off by 7 seconds. However, the least amount of shifts you can use is 11; the goal being 9.

Anyone who has done this on the 360 have any input?

EDIT: Nevermind. Shift goal is possible on the 360 but requires more setting up. First thing you need to do is make sure you only use two shifts blocking the lasers at the start. Have to get both sets blocked at once. After that, with a little bit of patience you can balance a safe half on the rail, half on the jumping platform next to the canisters. Standing on top of the raised safes like that it's possible to throw the balls in with a couple hundred attempts.

EDIT 2: Now that I think about it, there must have been an issue with my game counting my shifts. Even doing the level properly I should have still come in just under the shift goal with 8. It just seemed to be giving me 13 every time.

Edited by Mister Buds

• 6 months later...

Can anyone tell me how the hell to do this level? I don't understand how to do the first part in two shifts and even though I play the entire level damn near perfectly (using the safe trick to shoot the dodecahedron into the reactors), I'm still a good 10 seconds off every time. What were they thinking with this level?

Thanks for posting the safe trick though, man. Can't believe I didn't think of that.