Warp Collectibles (Grubs and Film Canisters)

Tyger7

Hey guys, sorry about not responding quickly. I had admitted this type of guide would be fairly difficult to write because at some points I had a map and others I didn't. Therefore I would have passed a grub you could have picked up from the get-go. I didn't want to make it confusing so I just mentioned when I got it.

As far as being stuck in locations, I did look at those pictures and it appears you can trade places with the barrel or turret. Is there something I'm missing that is further down on the screen that you can't get passed?

Trapdoor is answering questions every day and being constant about it. They seem to want to hear from everyone on the game. They are a good source if you'd like to point out specific locations that can't be back-tracked to. Maybe they can update and add a barrel or something :)

https://twitter.com/#!/trapdoorinc

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Alright, I'm usually not one to follow guides unless I have myself completely stumped. And that is just where I am now with these final 3 grubs. I still have the last 6 grubs and 1 film container for the end, but there are 3 on Containment (I'm pretty sure it's 15, 16, 18) that I have no clue on how to reach now that I'm backtracking. Here's three dead ends to get back to the east side of the map where the three lie:

• In the laser maze room, it's sort of a one-way trip once you warp with that turret, unless someone can give me a tip on how to move it. For now, it's stuck being the target on pad 3 or 4, just before the turret's original location, so I can't control it to blast into the lasers.

• That good-for-nothing water-logged room with the full shield guy that has step pads to unlock the barrier and West door, but nothing to get past the East door, especially since I can't use powers. The soldier is still alive since I can't warp or frag him, only stun.

• The tube that connects the first part of Command Center from the Containment exit is now offline for whatever reason, so I can't hop a ride in that.

Everyone is dead except for the aforementioned soldier in water and one of the scientists just south of the laser maze. He never gets close enough to the west door though for me to warp him :/

So if anyone can give me some tips, I'm very willing to take suggestions.

I will see what I can do about posting some pictures to better explain my game's current setup of barrels and bodies :p

Edited by Gr33nEggsNSpam

In the laser maze room, it's sort of a one-way trip once you warp with that turret, unless someone can give me a tip on how to move it. For now, it's stuck being the target on pad 3 or 4, just before the turret's original location, so I can't control it to blast into the lasers.

Alright, figured it out. Took a bit of ingenuity, as does any puzzle game. When the rules don't play fair, make new ones. For anyone else who is having a similar issue with backtracking because the turret is out of cycle after your first run through this section, follow these quick steps to reset it. Requires some pretty precise placement of your Echos.

• Stand just above the middle pad, the one touching the giant blue power box thingamajigger.

• Make sure, there's a barrel in place somewhere at this stage, cuz that's what you're going to use to get back there.

• Echo and follow the pipe immediately to your right toward the top of the screen. There is a very, VERY slim space for your echo to sneak in the wall behind the two lasers. Go down through the gap before the 3rd (J-shaped laser,) cut across the splitting box, and then back up and down around the final laser to where your inactive turret should be.

• Swap places, and then follow the path back to that pad, swapping with the 2nd pad barrel and the barrel that you left on the middle pad. Now it's just you and that pesky turret. BLOW IT TO SMITHEREENS and it will respawn on the right, so you can make another pass through.

• 5 months later...
Right before you reach that water barrier there's a barrel (there are three laser beams from the conveyor belt that point to it). Echo that barrel into the small space between the door and the water barrier, and then kick the barrel through the barrier -- you'll need to aim it an angle or it'll go too far. Then go back into echo, walk around the barrier and swap places with barrel.

That should do it.

You my sir are a genius! Thanks got totally stuck on this part for the first time in the game. :woop:

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I know Im late to the party, mopping up old games... and I know you say "obtain all this visit" for the Lab, but I assumed that meant all collectibles on this map could be obtained in one visit, didn't realise the area was impossible to return to :(

I missed a single grub in one of the dark areas. #4. I was following your guide, but the dark areas made it tricky. Accidentally went past yet another point of no return with the lasers just after and triggered a checkpoint before I realised I'd missed #4. Thinking I could go back to the earlier section later, I pressed on as it had already checkpointed... but no. Just spent 3 hours trying to find a way down, including looking up playthru vids to work out how I got down there in the first place. The Quarantine area where you first meet the mines does not let you back in.

The Lab section from there to when you save the alien in the blue container is compeletly locked off to me :(

Edited by DeathConvoy