Wow! These Kinect controls are good!

narcolepticshee

I've had my Kinect since the Christmas it came out and have barely used it, apart from a few plays of Kinect Sports here and there but I've really got to say these Kinect Controls are outstanding.

It just uses the voice commands (no physical body movement required!), but I find that I'm ordering my squad to perform actions with complete ease and without breaking up the action/immersion.

Ordering a squad member to perform an action is as simple as saying their name followed by the move/action. ("Liara, Warp" for instance). You can also reload and change weapons (by simply saying the weapon name such as "Pistol", "Rifle" etc...). One of the coolest features is in conversation being able to actually say the conversation options present to you.

Just saying that Kinect has actually vastly improved my Mass Effect 3 experience as opposed to most other games which either hinder the gameplay or feel tacked on for no reason.

Anyone else enjoying the kinect controls?

Cheers

I remember way back when on the original XBOX when you could order around your squad mates in one of the rainbow 6 games using the your head set... unfortunatly, that giant EMP that hit earth wiped away that technology and humanity could never quite figure it out again :( ... either that or MS could easily still do it and is trying to F us in the A and make us buy worthless Kinects.

You guys are missing the best application of Kinect, which is messing up your friends game!

I was at my buddy's house and tried to use the word 'grenade' as often as possible in all my conversations. Having his Shepard throwing grenades in empty hallways, or at his squadmates was a riot.

Later, when he got fed up with that, I started shouting non-sensical commands such as "Garrus play dead" or "Liara get naked" which of course most of the time you'd see the red microphone indicating the command was not recognized.

But I lost it when after the 4th failed command I said "Garrus go outside and play hide and go f*$% yourself" and he replied "Okay! Right away!" and then ran into some cover. Haha...

You guys are missing the best application of Kinect, which is messing up your friends game!

I was at my buddy's house and tried to use the word 'grenade' as often as possible in all my conversations. Having his Shepard throwing grenades in empty hallways, or at his squadmates was a riot.

Later, when he got fed up with that, I started shouting non-sensical commands such as "Garrus play dead" or "Liara get naked" which of course most of the time you'd see the red microphone indicating the command was not recognized.

But I lost it when after the 4th failed command I said "Garrus go outside and play hide and go f*$% yourself" and he replied "Okay! Right away!" and then ran into some cover. Haha...

LOL! I found it a great release for my frustration watching a friend losing it in a battle. I would just shout "throw grenade" or "Liara singularity" and turn the tide. That way I didn't have to see the same battle again.