Working method for 100 VCTF?

Absolutionz

You can do this leaving your Xbox on...you just have to finagle it a bit more. What the is between VCTF and CTF and Warfare as far as the AI is beyond me. Here's the set-up you need to use...

• Sandstorm
  • 10 Captures
  • 10 Minutes
  • Speed Freak and No Super Power-Ups Mutators ON

Now, this may work on other maps like Suspense, but oddly enough I've had better luck with Sandstorm. Make sure you set it to 10 captures because I think something about the AI compels them not to shut you out so make their goal larger. 10 minutes should be enough time for three or four grabs when they want to do it. And that's key...they won't always grab three even with these settings so you may need to do this several nights before you get it, but you will get it.

Turn on Speed Freak for obvious reasons but turning on no supers will prevent the guy slated to capture your flag from grabbing the redeamer. Because it always seems to be the flag runner who grabs it and then gets stuck somewhere because he can't jump out and he wont fire the gun until he sees you.

Give this set-up a try, watch a game or two and let me know what it does for you. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

to be honest with you guys your probley better off doing this one in manaual as it can be done in less than a quater of the time as the above method not slatting redtomroberts method its a good idea if you cant be arsed to play but if you want it quicker here is how :

two controllers

game mode - vehicle ctf

map - suspense necris

match type - player match

max players - 2

min players - 0

private slots - 2

splitscreen - yes

goal score - 3

mutators - speed freak

now all you have to do is run the flag 3 times. it takes me 1 min and 45 secs to capture 3 flags and another 45 secs for the next game to reload back up so thats a total of 2 and half mins a round. times that by 100 and it works out rougthly around 3 hrs and 45 mins and by doing it this way you can cheak your progress by going into community /

leaderbords / vehicle ctf then press A on your name then scroll down to see how many hat tricks you have. work your way to 100 hat tricks then achivement unlocked .

:lockedhope this helps out:locked

good luck

to be honest with you guys your probley better off doing this one in manaual as it can be done in less than a quater of the time as the above method not slatting redtomroberts method its a good idea if you cant be arsed to play but if you want it quicker here is how :

A) Sandstorm is just as fast if not faster (I was finishing between 1:40-1:50 per match, depending on how quickly I got into the vehicle, got the jump boots, etc).

B) the point is that having the bots do it might be slower, but you can set up the match and then go off and do something else

C) Doing it with the 2nd controller is boring. I'm actually starting to just play regular VCTF matches against a handful of bots on a lower difficulty just since then it's still relatively short, but not mind-numbingly boring.

At any rate, I will give the 10 captures trick a try. I was finding doing 3 captures, 1:2 ratio VCTF I was getting maybe 1 out of every 20 matches would end with 3 captures.

Edit: yup seems to work. Bots usually get their 3rd capture at a little past 5 minutes. I wonder if maybe you did Suspense with 10 capture limit and 5 minute time limit if that would work as well (the bots don't take the quick path on Sandstorm, instead taking the longer way around so perhaps they might be quicker on Suspense since it's such a straightforward map).

Edited by Pedle Zelnip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Having a second controller is really useful for this these are the settings I used :

Map Suspense

System link

Max players 6

Min players 0

Splitscreen yes

Bot skill godlike

Bots Players vs Bots 1:2

Goal score 10

Time limit 5

Force Respawn No

Mutators Speed freak

They will get atleast 3 in 5 minutes everytime.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Everytime I try and do it the bots start playing defense or they get distracted and don't cap the last flag. They'll get to 2 caps and just stop.

Anyway around this? Or am I going to have to play against a second controller in system link?

this worked for me the best thanks man:woop:

• 3 weeks later...

the way i did it was:

Player Match

Map: Sandstorm

Max Players: 2

Min Player: 0

Private Slots: 2

Bots: On

Difficulty: Godlike

Cap Limit: 10

Time Limit: 10

Force Respawn: Yes

Mutators: No Super Pickups, Speed Freak, Handicap, Friendly Fire, Big Head

on the 1st match that stupid bot will not do anything, but afterwards it'll make 4-5 Caps everytime almost. 10 hours later i got achiev^^.

• 3 months later...
the way i did it was:

Player Match

Map: Sandstorm

Max Players: 2

Min Player: 0

Private Slots: 2

Bots: On

Difficulty: Godlike

Cap Limit: 10

Time Limit: 10

Force Respawn: Yes

Mutators: No Super Pickups, Speed Freak, Handicap, Friendly Fire, Big Head

on the 1st match that stupid bot will not do anything, but afterwards it'll make 4-5 Caps everytime almost. 10 hours later i got achiev^^.

Why is everyone saying do it to 10 captures??? I did it to 3 captures and it unlocked.

Player Match

Splitscreen: Yes

Godlike bots 1:2 ratio

Autorespawn Yes

5 MINUTES!!

Map: Necropolis

EVERYTIME, I mean EVERY time the 4 godlike bots end up getting 3 captures in roughly 4 minutes

so... why are people going for 10 captures in 10 minutes??

Edited by ObscenePenguin

• 1 month later...
Why is everyone saying do it to 10 captures??? I did it to 3 captures and it unlocked.

Player Match

Autorespawn Yes

5 MINUTES!!

EVERYTIME, I mean EVERY time the 4 godlike bots end up getting 3 captures in roughly 4 minutes

Dunno.

I used your method except I put the time limit to 10 just to be safe and unlocked it the next day. Worked perfectly! :Bounce::Bounce:

Player Match

Autorespawn Yes

5 MINUTES!!

confirmed. i also used penguin's method a while back. he sent it to me in a message.

i let my box run while i was at work and i had the achievement when i got home, so i can't say exactly how long it took.

Ok I've done this achievement 4 times now, the best way I could find is on suspense or sandstorm have splitscreen and set the player limit to 7, now it should be 2 pads and a bot against 4 bots.

Have the bots on godlike and set the cap limit to 3, time limit 20 mins or something just in case, but you will noramlly finish it much quicker, the extra bot stops the bots going all defensive and they try and finish it off

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

two controllers

game mode - vehicle ctf

map - suspense necris

match type - player match

max players - 2

min players - 0

private slots - 2

splitscreen - yes

goal score - 3

mutators - speed freak

now all you have to do is run the flag 3 times. it takes me 1 min and 45 secs to capture 3 flags and another 45 secs for the next game to reload back up so thats a total of 2 and half mins a round. times that by 100 and it works out rougthly around 3 hrs and 45 mins and by doing it this way you can cheak your progress by going into community /

leaderbords / vehicle ctf then press A on your name then scroll down to see how many hat tricks you have. work your way to 100 hat tricks then achivement unlocked .

:lockedhope this helps out:locked

good luck

Thanks for the heads up bud!!! Worked great to mop up the last 30 or so matches I had left.