UPDATE: Pay if Forward & BFA cheevos

NITEMARECREATOR

As of today, July 27, The Pay it Forward & BFA cheevos are unobtainable for the Xbox 360. Those cheevos were unobtainable on all systems due to THQ's bankruptcy and the switchover of the servers / IPs to Nordic Games. Nordic Games has been able to reset / restart / fix the servers for the other platforms, but they are having minor issues figuring out Microsoft's coding. NG is trying to work with ex-THQ techs that know the coding and are working on resolving our problem(s).

Here is the link I have been following for updates... http://community.darksiders.com/go/thread/view/138731/29988595/Registerlogin_problems_serpent_stone_retrieve_error?pg=1

The user you should watch for is MegalomaniacNG and here is his entry post about the situation. Keep in mind that this post is from July 3rd when all platforms were having issues.

Hey,

This is horseman Reinhard from Nordic Games.

We are looking into that. Just a quick question: The game also doesnt ask you to login to your THQ account or it doesnt work, correct?

Just for your information: The whole server environment is still not in our hands so we need to liaise with the people that are left at THQ to work this out.

Best,

Reinhard Pollice

Executive Horseman @ Nordic Games GmbH

Seems to me that they should have the 360's issue resolved in the upcoming days / weeks. Keep your fingers crossed...

This isn't like it was an EA and their shutting off servers shenanigans to save a nickel. THQ did support their online game communities with no issues that I knew of. The only reason this game had issues was because THQ was sold off in a bankruptcy. Nordic Games bought the Darksiders IP, and as I was hoping, are putting forth effort to reestablish the online servers after the transition. For whatever reason, flipping the on/off/reset switch worked for the PS3 / PC servers but MS has to have complex coding for their server establishments.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guys,

Please stay calm about this. This is not in our fault! The achievement is dependent on the online environment from THQ. We also acquired this but unfortunately Microsoft changed in June some security certificates and while we are working with Microsoft since August (it took 1,5 months to figure out its not the actual online environment) on this issue we are totally dependent on their help about it.

I will not rest before this issue is fixed.

I am sorry for not giving you regular updates about it recently.

http://forum.nordicgames.at/showthread.php?180751-Darksiders-2-Pay-it-forward-achievement-ERROR/page4

• 2 months later...
Hello,

Its not a Complete Collection - its a "Collection". Unfortunately it would be very difficult to release all the DLCs on X360 because of certain guidelines by Microsoft. To have parity we decided to only include the two most important DLCs.

About the pay it forward achievement issue:

We are still working on that and trying to solve the issue on the X360. When that is solved the service will go online again on all platforms.

Same old, same old still.

Thank you Nordic Games, Never doubted you the first place after you mentioned in the Nordic Forums that you wouldn't give up on the Darksiders community! I thank you on all the little/a lot of work you done to give back! I am happy for what they done, cannot wait for their 1st title they do to continue the series on Darksiders. Will buy when the 3rd ones out!

I started the game last night and it said ' THQ servers are unavailable'.

Does this mean I cant get pay it forward?

Anyone know whats going on with this?

Thanks

A handful of gamers got the Pay It Forward achievement today.

http://www.trueachievements.com/a166533/pay-it-forward-achievement.htm

I'm sure they wouldn't just go back on all that effort and make it unobtainable again.

Edit.

It looks like the PS3 version is still down, whereas the Xbox 360 version is fine? Might have to try it for myself.

Edited by iBuzz7S

I started the game last night and it said ' THQ servers are unavailable'.

Does this mean I cant get pay it forward?

Anyone know whats going on with this?

Thanks

No, it's all good. I've never had it say the servers are online, but the achievement popped anyway. Just ignore the message.

Great work from Nordic :dance: Not everyone cares about achievements, but if they are there, they should be maintained properly.