Halo Presidential Armor

Unamortized

Since the OP didn't post anything about this, here's a pic of the armor and a brief summary.

http://i.imgur.com/ipXyd.png

"Xbox Live Rewards members who watch at least three of the four upcoming debates on their Xbox 360s will receive for free the Halo 4 Warrior Avatar Armor for their Xbox Live Avatar to wear. Gamers do not even have to watch the whole debate just 30 minutes or more."
Source and full article here.

This is easily the strangest Halo tie-in yet.

Next logical step is unique in-game armor depending on whether you vote for Obama or Romney in November.

Edited by Ty-Rex

I don't agree with offering an incentive to try and get people into Politics, especially children since they can't vote until they're adults. It's easier to read up on non-biased sources about your available candidates to get an idea about who you will be voting for.

Also I'm British so I doubt I can take part anyway and it won't even matter to me if I do. I also don't really like the armour. It's mostly since it's kind of gold, and I'm not a fan of gold.

Edited by CHIRUNO99

I'm pretty sure this is less "get people involved in politics" and more "use Xbox for more than gaming." Microsoft is still experimenting with live streaming on Xbox, this is likely an attempt to further test or legitimize it. You guys don't have to be so paranoid of everything.

Edited by Veedrock

Beggars can't be choosers.

:)

I'm more than happy to sign in with my US account and leave it on for 30 minutes while I play Borderlands on the PC, or maybe even switch over to 'video 2/component' on my TV and see what's been happening on PSN lately.

wait.. i need a US account?

Damn Being australian!

I probably won't be able to watch the debates given my work schedule, but I don't think it matters much anyway.

I'm normally a collectibles-fiend, but I've never really cared about Avatar Items at all (unless they're avatar-awards, which seem like sub-achievements). It's like, once I've found something I want my avatar to wear, why bother trying to expand a closet I'll never use?

Also, this promotion seems strange to me. The exact type of people that wouldn't be watching the debates UNLESS they got a xbox360 avatar armor out of it are exactly the type of people that I don't feel comfortable with voting. Not that everyone isn't entitled to their own opinion - but if you are swayed by a piece of digital content...

Edited by Vectorman953

I hate this promotion even more than the bullshit Facebook and Twitter ones for other games. I couldn't care less about politics. And I hear so much of this crap when I visit my parents (my dad watches this junk all day) that I really truly hate it. The only thing worse than listening to the news is when he watches Nascar. I can physically feel my IQ dropping while being in the same room. It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't watch all of the biased crap like Fox News, etc. So as cool as the armor looks, I will be passing on this. I did consider pulling it up on my console and then changing the source to watch TV or browse YouTube on my computer until it's over. But I don't want to give them any views on this stuff. And I especially don't want to encourage them to put this junk on the console in the future.

Microsoft have been doing weird advertising lately on the dashboard. I've been seeing ads for games that I can't play since they're PC exclusive. Diablo 3 and World of Warcraft come to mind instantly. Now they're pushing the debates/election.

Also, this promotion seems strange to me. The exact type of people that wouldn't be watching the debates UNLESS they got a xbox360 avatar armor out of it are exactly the type of people that I don't feel comfortable with voting. Not that everyone isn't entitled to their own opinion - but if you are swayed by a piece of digital content...

It's like you reached into my head and posted exactly what I was thinking.

Like you said, voting is supposed to be a privilege, not something that should need to be incentivized.

It's weird that so many people, who live in the US, don't care about the debates too. Even if you don't care much about politics, the debates themselves tend to be pretty entertaining.

It's easier to read up on non-biased sources about your available candidates to get an idea about who you will be voting for.

In America, there are no Non-Biased Sources.

Even Microsoft/Xbox is extremely liberal and Pro-Obama. Sometimes it actually makes me want to turn my Xbox off.

Probably not the Reaction they're hoping for.

This promotion has so many things wrong with it. I don't want to watch a single second of the debates on my Xbox. I like to use my Xbox for entertainment purposes, not for bashing my head in with more political strife. I get more than enough of it when I walk around my neighborhood. People in my area are taking things too seriously. It is a pretty serious subject, but I hate hearing "WE GOTTA GET THAT MONKEY OUT OF THE WHITE HOUSE RIGHT FUCKING NOW!" or "ROMNEY DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK HE'S SAYING!" Nobody is backing themselves up after saying such trash, the people saying those things are trying to hype up some of the 18 year olds who are deciding who to vote for.

I can't wait for November 6th so I can just hole myself in my house and play Halo 4 with some old friends. I won't be getting this avatar item.

Also, I wonder how long it'll take until it'll be available for purchase on the avatar marketplace for 400msp. 1 month? 2?

Since the OP didn't post anything about this, here's a pic of the armor and a brief summary.

http://i.imgur.com/ipXyd.png

Source and full article here.

This is easily the strangest Halo tie-in yet.

Next logical step is unique in-game armor depending on whether you vote for Obama or Romney in November.

lol. That's one way to ensure Obama never gets back into office. Offer people that vote Romney an awesome set of armor and people that vote Obama get something crappy or nothing at all. Can only imagine what kind of pull it might have toward putting an Independent in office when it comes right down to it.

lol. That's one way to ensure Obama never gets back into office. Offer people that vote Romney an awesome set of armor and people that vote Obama get something crappy or nothing at all. Can only imagine what kind of pull it might have toward putting an Independent in office when it comes right down to it.

Take a step back. There's no way to place a legitimate vote through your Xbox, and there's no chance in hell there ever will be; even if there was, offering incentives (bribing) for votes is illegal. Basically it would never happen, so there's no reason to imagine it.

The very most they can do is a poll, but because it's completely irrelevant to anything it doesn't matter which you choose, may as well pick the one with the better incentive.

lol. That's one way to ensure Obama never gets back into office. Offer people that vote Romney an awesome set of armor and people that vote Obama get something crappy or nothing at all.
Except for the Fact that Microsoft is completely Pro-Obama. Next time you turn your Gamebox on, Pay attention to how Biased all the Ads and images and "Rock the Vote" is towards Obama.

even if there was, offering incentives (bribing) for votes is illegal.
Except Obama has been bribing people with free phones and other incentives since his first campaign run. Not to mention his Creation of ACORN and all that. Edited by ZingZitang

In America, there are no Non-Biased Sources.

Indeed.

Even Microsoft/Xbox is extremely liberal and Pro-Obama. Sometimes it actually makes me want to turn my Xbox off.

Probably not the Reaction they're hoping for.

Agreed. I turn on my Xbox to get away from things like politics. I wish Microsoft would stop shoving it in my face every time I sign into Live now. And since we're on this subject, can we please stop with these stupid get-out-the-vote campaigns? No, it is not your duty as a citizen to vote. It's your duty to inform yourself on the issues and people you are voting on if you are going to vote. We want informed voters, not ignorant voters who have been told that it doesn't matter how they vote, they just need to vote. :mad:

The only reason I'd even think about doing it is because it's Gold Warrior armor, and the Gamestop pre-order vote is heavily swayed toward the Arctic BR skin instead of the Green Warrior Armor. For those with no clue what I'm talking about, a LINK

And yes, I'm perfectly aware of how sad a reason that is to consider this. The fact is I highly doubt I could sit through even half an hour of one of those debates. It's more likely I'd start it up, turn my TV off, and go do something else for 3 hours and forget all about it. And then I'd forget about it completely the other 3 days. The "debates" are nothing but canned answers, things they've already said, and sections of their stump speeches and are in no way entertaining or informative.

that is exactly the same thing most people will be doing i remember back when the live lab came out, the one that tested your pings and you would get those avatar props. well i did that left it on and when about doing something else. i fing politics very boring.