Arena Tips

Lucent Beam

Brainstorming ideas and ideas that worked from other people. I haven't done all the maps yet though. I will update this thread with any good ideas that people have so we can get all golds for the pursuit!

Arena #1 - 101 Keys

Easily can get gold with a group of 4 just doing whatever.

Arena #2 - Ridgecrest

(Heard from ecimarG/Grimm, confirmed to work)

-Immediately do the first data spot.

-Kill all EMC very quickly.

-Kill enough enemies to get into "Survive". Kill enough enemies very quickly in "Surive" so that the Tanker infinitely respawns on the first alcove to the right. Have one person against the back wall of the alcove on one side of him using an SMG & damage spike (in theory to his backpack) and two more in the hallway to kill him quickly when his face opens. 4th person kills the adds to keep the multiplier up. Use protection and damage spike at the hallway intersection. Part of it is sort of luck if the Tanker moves o turns an awkward way.

As of 3/15/14 Patch, the Echelon reps should give you a multiplier, making this map significantly easier.

[/b]

Arena #3 - Dy'Dekuso's Chamber

Two Gold Strategies:

(from Dookh8r):

Face your group in each directions and look to the doors that open and spawn enemies. Kill as fast as possible. Shoot whether you see enemies or not. He was using a Big Boomer and an AR, I think.

(from ecimarG/Grimm) [Copy and pasted from Xbox message]

Have Dekuso chase the group us around the map @ the start until he destroyed all the pylons. After that, attack w/BMGs to get the teamwork bonuses, then kill raiders fast w/2 focusing mainly on the Raider spawns, while the other two were prepp for Tankers in the middle plus the Raiders the other two don't get. Set up detonator bombs in the middle ring. Save 3 Raiders @ the end, BMG tickled Dekuso (Heavy Coiler so no extra links) + heal spikes / stims then killed him w/a 3x multiplier. Our score before he died was just a little over 80,000. We ended up @ around 110k.

Fire nano is good as well. Here's a PC video of gold. They got him under a multiplier, and went up to 100k from 79k at the kill.

Arena #4 - Dark Matter Bunker

Did it in a group of 4 and we weren't even communicating. Easy Gold as far as I can tell. I got 160k. We did wait until enemies stopping spawning to rescue the prisoners, so maybe that helped. Probably just particularly easy like the 1st arena. Easy gold on 3 player apparently as well.

Arena #5 - Observatory

A joke. Easily gold in 4 players. Not sure about with less players. Gold is 50k.

Arena #6 - Arkfall Wreckage

Buggy with which enemies spawn, (top or bottom or side door). Doors seemed to randomly open and close, potentially locking group mates away from each other. It was really easy to Gold when the whole group could stay together. Currently, you might even get an instance with ONLY the boss. Obviously just exit out and back in to make sure enemies spawn at the start location.

Arena #7 - Kent Docks

Got it the first time with 4 people. Stay together and if for some reason you are worried about not getting the score, let the same person free the prisoners. However, it should be easy anyway.

Arena #8 - Berk Academy

Extremely easy in a group of 4. By the 2nd crystal, easy gold.

Arena #9 - Matron's Nest

(from RPG Maker)

Stay up on top and don't drop down to Matron so you can get infinite Skitterling kills. A good place to stand is on the ledge just to your right when you are facing the Matron. Especially with 4 people you get to gold reasonably quickly with Skitterling kills. BMG works well because you don't run out of ammo.

Edited by Lucent Beam

Observatory has the 2 Bulwarks to kill after the boxes are blown. And there seems to be quite a lot of Dark Matter spawning so you could get all the boxes, get the bulwarks down to minimal health, and then build the multiplier up killing spawns, then finish off the bulwarks.

When they go down the mission ends. I've only tried this one solo, but I don't think it will be too hard.

Also Dekuso's chamber I hid behind the boxes where the clicky was. Dekuso couldn't hit me. There are 3 sets of boxes there I think, so a place for almost everyone. I killed him solo doing this way. I was using an infector which probably didn't help keeping the mobs alive for multiplier.

Edited by Pine Reaper

Also Dekuso's chamber I hid behind the boxes where the clicky was. Dekuso couldn't hit me. There are 3 sets of boxes there I think, so a place for almost everyone. I killed him solo doing this way. I was using an infector which probably didn't help keeping the mobs alive for multiplier.

How did your score end up?

Hey Lucent, they fixed the Matron's Nest bug with it not registering score and also the skitterlings are spawning plentiful, just like RPG Maker said it was on his attempt. Let me know when you are going to run it again, so you can invite me, that arena is long to get the 100K.

Edited by 666priest

I ran through the 9 arenas last night with a full group, and we got gold on all but Ridgecrest and Dekuso. I'll have to try the strategy posted here for Ridgecrest. :)

There's a thread about the Dekuso arena on the Defiance forums, has a strategy that seems like it would work: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?152179-Dekuso-arena-guide

The trick to gold on this one is

a) Be in a 4 player group.

b) When the "Survive" waves (there's 3 of them) come, kill as fast as possible. If it's easier for you, point each player in a direction and have them guard the 2 doors at each spawn location that the raiders will drop out of to spawn camp them.

If you get 2 tankers to spawn, you're probably pretty sure to get gold.

Some extra tips:

The 3rd wave gets heavy so you should have someone drop a protection spike here for sure.

If you stand in the middle of the arena, you have angles on every direction raiders can come from.

The tanker on the 2nd wave can be used to clear some walls for extra lines of sight. (When he shoots, roll behind a wall, but not too close to it).

Have someone use a bonfire to keep him lit on fire while shooting Dekuso. Opportunist points help.

The bonfire is also great at getting past rioter shields, and scoring extra points on tankers.

If you are using the bonfire, use preparedness perk to save time reloading it. Fire it once, switch to your AR/SMG/Whatever and when the fire burns back, switch back to a loaded bonfire.

Dekuso is definitely one of the harder ones to get gold on (besides matron, which is just a feat in trying your patience). It's definitely doable, and in my opinion one of the more accurate score tiers for a co-op group. They did say they didn't mind needing a group to get gold on these since they were designed to be co-op and not single player maps. When you get gold, you know you and your team were really playing gold medal worthy.

I'll try to give some more:

You should definitely have a protection spike out when the tanker is out. 2 people shouldn't have trouble taking him out while the other 2 continue to kill other raiders; the 3x combo and extra kills will be worth more than some the extra opportunist/teamwork points you might get if everyone stops shooting.

Use a respark regenerator if you have one. Dekuso uses the same electric attack as the Warmaster. A faster shield gets you shielded faster.

Just as some general tips for the scoring system. There are some pretty nice bonuses for killing in specific ways that can actually stack with each other.

Melee Kills, Nano Kills, Critical Kills, Power Kills. (There may be a couple others I'm missing, such as attack/defend kills that don't apply here). This means you want to try to Critical kill everything, so use a weapon that you feel comfortable with getting head shots fairly consistently. Use your ego power as often as you can and you will have power+critical kills on them. The power+critical kill points can add up fast.

I'm not positive that Dekuso is time based, but it feels like he is. If nothing else, after the third wave of raiders burn him fast and see if it helps your score. Maybe even have someone drop a damage spike.

Hmm.. what else...

For all arenas I suggest a weapon with Siphon, as the bonus health/shields they give help keep you standing and you can just wade into enemies more often, worrying about shooting more than covering. Using that perk that regenerates 15% of your shield on a critical kill is also very good in arenas, as it encourages you to get more critical kills so you can keep your shields up. Personally I'm using a VBI Assault Rifle and I like it.

I've gone through most of them this afternoon. And just a heads up.

On Observatory my partner got Gold, and I got Silver coming up about 3k short. BUT the pursuit unlocked. So while my leaderboard score was below it must take the team effort as your rating. So that was a bonus :)

I also scored a lot higher with a Proliferator. There is a constant bug damage tick that gives points, as well as the team bonus for hitting nearly every enemy. We ran through as a duo with double infector/prolif without much issue. (My low score on obs was me using an AR or SMG).

I ran through the 9 arenas last night with a full group, and we got gold on all but Ridgecrest and Dekuso. I'll have to try the strategy posted here for Ridgecrest. :)

There's a thread about the Dekuso arena on the Defiance forums, has a strategy that seems like it would work: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?152179-Dekuso-arena-guide

This sounds like a pheasible strategy, but I've run into one big problem with this so far... every time I've played the arena there's been 1-2 people in the team who are simply unable to see any of the enemies, I've been one of them myself.

If that happens, you're just not going to have a chance to get gold. With even one person unable to help kill things, you just aren't going to be able to make it from my experience.

Right now getting Dekuso gold is not possible, the enemies disappear too often during Dekuso's shield phase. Once they fix that, it will be easy to get gold on that mission. Heck, the PC players got gold on that mission already and that is because the enemies do not disappear for them.

Getting gold from someone else hitting the threshold definitely works. On Ridgecrest Mines after all the enemies had been killed our top scorer had 75k while I and another had only 70.

We got him the final 3k by suiciding and letting him get the res. Plus getting the remaining clickies, and the tanker that spawned. Giving him 79.5k. Then the completion bonus of 2k. He topped out at 81k, and I had about 71k.

But this gave the gold award to all three of us.

8 of 9 done. Just Dekasshat left to do. Managed 50k with 3 people :(

I did. 7 times to be exact. It is definitely doable with 4 people. Kill fast. If you see red dots and no enemies, shoot at red dots. If you see enemies, well obviously, shoot them.

The problem I'm having is that there are no red dots or enemies. If its a survive wave I can see Dekuso. If its time to kill him he vanishes. With 4 we managed to put up a 95k. And consistently get 80k. We even killed him with a 3x multiplier, but I think we still only got 18k for killing him. And I'm sure in the vid on the forum they got 20k with no mulitplier.

If everyone could see enemies all the time this would really only be slightly tricky.

By the way, if the red dots aren't on your screen (no dots, no enemies), then shooting does nothing.

In the last rounds I played, I wasn't even increasing points or anything even when I could see stuff.

This is infuriating because I can't "overcome" the inability to see/shoot things.

I have to give up for now. Fighting against a bug I can't resolve is making this game not fun. I feel like I'm about to have a hissy fit so I'm done.

Edited by Lucent Beam

All done. After another 2 hours of trying and capping at 85k we tried a different method. Namely hiding in a corner, shooting our feet, and being healed by a BMG.

Cheap? Yes.

Finished and don't have to do it anymore? Most definetly!

Now just to resist breaking the disc as there is still one to go :-(

By the way, if the red dots aren't on your screen (no dots, no enemies), then shooting does nothing.

This is infuriating because I can't "overcome" the inability to see/shoot things.

Indeed, unfortunately they can still shoot. I did post on the main forum a full description as there were mod replies in a thread. But everyone seems to be patting themselves on the back that they solo'd it or even just completed it.