This game is fun but...

Sonnenberg

How did it get a higher score on this website than Skyrim?

I admit this game is fun but is it a perfect score? No.

My cars won't stay in any garage. Besides the heist missions every other mission is cookie cutter from the old games.

I would give it an 85/100. It is a great game, but doesn't hold a candle to titles like Skyrim. I think the hype got to the game reviewers. Big time.

My cars won't stay in any garage.

Don't forget how buggy Skyrim was when it first came out... it's the way it works with open-world sandboxes in general.

I certainly agree that GTAV isn't perfect, but then again, neither was Skyrim. This, at least, has good pacing (at least 'till you reach the postgame and knuckle down for the 'collectibles') while Skyrim was... well, not particularly fast-paced, to put it bluntly. :p

And besides, this game DIDN'T get 10's across the board. It only got a 6/10 for Achievements, seeing as they're mostly generic, annoying, or a combination of those, with a large bucket of them not even available yet because they're connected to the (probably unplayable for the first month) GTA Online component.

I'll take disappearing cars over the laundry list of problems I had with Skyrim. My favorite of which being constant freezing issues. If you want to compare faults of a game and you're bringing up Skyrim, the only thing you can compare it to fairly would be another Bethesda game. They're in a league of their own when it comes to broken.

How did it get a higher score on this website than Skyrim?

I admit this game is fun but is it a perfect score? No.

My cars won't stay in any garage. Besides the heist missions every other mission is cookie cutter from the old games.

I would give it an 85/100. It is a great game, but doesn't hold a candle to titles like Skyrim. I think the hype got to the game reviewers. Big time.

I agree that it's an excellent game, and i also agree that Skyrim is better, but you have to remember that reviews (most of the time...) are the opinion of the reviewer and maybe the person who reviewed it on this site liked it more than Skyrim.

I'll take disappearing cars over the laundry list of problems I had with Skyrim. My favorite of which being constant freezing issues. If you want to compare faults of a game and you're bringing up Skyrim, the only thing you can compare it to fairly would be another Bethesda game. They're in a league of their own when it comes to broken.

My friend had freezing issues as well but I've put in over 150 hours on my skyrim and it has never frozen on me....

Oh I'm aware. You could survey ten different people about their experience with those games and get ten different responses. Which is a problem in itself.

I also waited 6 months for the glitches to be corrected before I started Skyrim. I had ZERO problems and only one glitched item in my inventory (that stupid amulet of talos)

Don't forget how buggy Skyrim was when it first came out... it's the way it works with open-world sandboxes in general.

I certainly agree that GTAV isn't perfect, but then again, neither was Skyrim. This, at least, has good pacing (at least 'till you reach the postgame and knuckle down for the 'collectibles') while Skyrim was... well, not particularly fast-paced, to put it bluntly. :p

And besides, this game DIDN'T get 10's across the board. It only got a 6/10 for Achievements, seeing as they're mostly generic, annoying, or a combination of those, with a large bucket of them not even available yet because they're connected to the (probably unplayable for the first month) GTA Online component.

It got 10/10 for graphics.... and don't get me wrong compared to other GTA's the graphics are great. Compared to games like Dead Space, Skyrim, Mass Effect ect the graphics are sub par. This is where I think the reviewer let the hype get to him.

Man. Fuck Skyrim. The Dragonborn DLC was the most problematic for me. Those black book things that shifted you to different places or whatever...three different times I opened one, three times my 360 freezes up and crashes.

I nearly threw my controller. I never even think about throwing controllers. I consider myself to be a very patient person.

At least that game is out of my house. Not looking back. No regrets.

The biggest problem I had with this site's review was that they reviewed it before the online portion was released. How can they review it and give it 100% if they haven't played online?

Good point. Will there be a separate review for GTA Online? Will it also be written by Richard Walker, or is someone else reviewing it?

I doubt they'll have another review on Tuesday. If they do though...I'm sure Rich will write it.

Yeah. "Online" is out this week, right?

I wonder if this is a trend we'll see continue with major releases like GTA, or even Assassin's Creed/ Halo. I doubt Activision/IW/Treyarch would have that done with Call of Duty, or EA/DICE with Battlefield though. Nobody touches the singleplayer in those games, heh.

Having a good estimate of what to expect in terms of clutter on Rockstar's servers with all these people getting hyped up for GTA V...smart move to push back the online portion so the launch won't be so screwed up and problematic (I think Max Payne 3 had some trouble if I recall).

I think it'd be even cooler if Rockstar adopted a model where you could pay $30 just for singleplayer (and you'd only activate the singleplayer achievements and you wouldn't have to worry about multiplayer achievements if you wanted to go for the completion) or $30 just for the multiplayer.

Yeah. "Online" is out this week, right?

I wonder if this is a trend we'll see continue with major releases like GTA, or even Assassin's Creed/ Halo. I doubt Activision/IW/Treyarch would have that done with Call of Duty, or EA/DICE with Battlefield though. Nobody touches the singleplayer in those games, heh.

Having a good estimate of what to expect in terms of clutter on Rockstar's servers with all these people getting hyped up for GTA V...smart move to push back the online portion so the launch won't be so screwed up and problematic (I think Max Payne 3 had some trouble if I recall).

I think it'd be even cooler if Rockstar adopted a model where you could pay $30 just for singleplayer (and you'd only activate the singleplayer achievements and you wouldn't have to worry about multiplayer achievements if you wanted to go for the completion) or $30 just for the multiplayer.

Yupp, Tuesday October 1st. On my birthday :dance:

I like this approach they took with SP/MP. I don't think other companies will follow this method, but since Rockstar produces Single Player heavy games with decent-to-fun MP, releasing the Online a few weeks or months later is a good idea so they can polish it and allow gamers to enjoy the story and game controls before jumping in on the hectic online play.

Paying for each half would actually be a pretty sweet idea. Doubt it'll ever happen, but it's still a solid idea!