SW2 XL Question!!

PG_MaxPayne

I need help! So I am going back into this game to 100% it (1250/1250) and have 4 achievements left, all from the XL expansion. But I have a problem that whenever I load up Samurai Warriors 2 (I still have the DLC on my harddrive) it doesn't recognize the XL pack (it also says I have to start completly at the beginning as if I just bought the game) and won't let me do anything with any of the characters available in the XL expansion.

How do I get it to where I can beat the game with:

Gracia

Yoshimoto

Kojiro

Katsuie

Please help! I'd really like to get to 1250/1250 in this and return it to Gamestop to put towards more games!

I'm not sure I've ever run into this problem. When you start up it should tell you to integrate your old SW2 save to the XL save. You could try 2 things:

Long route:

1) If you purchased XL, make sure you can re-download it by going to the game-addons in the market-place and varify that a check-mark is in place of the MSP price.

2) Delete the XL expansion off of your HDD

3) Clear your cache (like you would for Assassin's Creed)

4) Go into the game and make sure everying is as if you were playing SW2, and play around and save the game

5) Exit; re-download the XL Expansion

6) Go back into the XL game, and it will ask you to integrate your save

Other option:

1) Make a duplicate save of the game in the Systems menu

2) Experiment with one save, keeping the other save as the backup

Edited by Ruq

Oh, taking a look at it now, you don't even really need to worry about your save. You can just start a new game; all the characters you need to be the stories of are available right away with the XL Expansion, so you don't need to worry about your old save.

I wouldn't save over your old save of course, just start up a new XL game; the other characters will be level 0 but it doesn't matter since you beat them already.

Same thing happened to me, I put the game in, started it up and it said no game data. I have 27/29 achievements and the game save is on my hard drive, not corrupted and it doesn't read the save.

Exactly the same as me because I know I have a maxed out Tadakatsu Honda character with the best weapon and all of the perks for each person. It just makes me mad that I cannot finish up the last 4 achievements because the game wants to be difficult.

Exactly the same as me because I know I have a maxed out Tadakatsu Honda character with the best weapon and all of the perks for each person. It just makes me mad that I cannot finish up the last 4 achievements because the game wants to be difficult.

Like I said you just have the XL characters to go, so you don't need anyone from the original SW2 game. You can just boot up a new save and go to town on the XL characters. If you're wary of losing your original save for whatever reason, you can just make a temporary backup of it, what with Microsoft allowing flashdrive compatability.

Like I said you just have the XL characters to go, so you don't need anyone from the original SW2 game. You can just boot up a new save and go to town on the XL characters. If you're wary of losing your original save for whatever reason, you can just make a temporary backup of it, what with Microsoft allowing flashdrive compatability.

No that's not the problem. When I put Samurai Warriors 2 in the disc tray and start the game, I don't see an option ANYWHERE to start the XL part of it and choose XL characters.

Then on my homepage my achievements say 25/21.

Ah okay I misunderstood the issue. I googled and managed to getThis Link, although it's 2 years old and may be outdated. I am not sure what the problem is in this case.

You can try talking to microsoft about it, but they may not do anything. You could also try:

a) Completely wiping SW2 stuff off your HDD and restarting or

b) Borrow a friend's HDD and see if it works on that

Other than that there's not much I can tell from it. :(

After finals week I'll try calling Microsoft and seeing what I can do but I've done practically everything I can think of and it hasn't worked.

All this work for 4 damn achievements haha.

Has your console changed since you bought the DLC?

If so, you need to do a license transfer.

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/

It seems that when you buy this DLC, it is bound to the console it was purchased on and not your GT(as it should be). This is why even when connected to Live it won't recognize that it's been purchased.

Doing a license transfer should allow you to play the XL expansion again.

I was thinking of buying this DLC expansion soon, so let me know if it works for you.:)

THE LICENSE TRANSFER WORKED! Thank you very much for letting me know about that!

I can finally 100% this game!

Updated my guide, hopefully that'll help anyone in the future that has this problem. I wish x360a would sticky it over the guide that's there right now. =/

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...