Pinnacle Station Achievement Guide

Cacky

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/285/UPmJTdk=.jpgUndisputed 50 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

Complete Ahern's survival mission

After beating the record on the 12 combat scenarios, Admiral Ahern will invite you to participate in a final scenario. Accept his offer and the scenario will begin. As soon as you start, head towards the middle of the area and retrieve the data from the large object. Then, head to the stairs where you started and activate the turret. Now, you'll need to hold out for five minutes. Make use of your teamates and the biotic powers, they'll come in very handy. Once the five minutes is up, the achievement will unlock.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/285/UP3LXrM=.jpgNew Sheriff in Town 50 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

Take first place in any combat scenario on Pinnacle Station

After speaking to the Salarian, he will offer you a choice of combat scenarios. Decide which one you want to do and tell the Salarian. Complete the scenario by beating the high score and the achievement will unlock.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/285/UP-qVwY=.jpgBest of the Best 50 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

Take first place in 12 combat scenarios on Pinnacle Station

After beating the high score in the eight combat scenarios, a Turian will give you a choice of weapons, take one and talk to Ahern. Once you have finished talking, return to the Salarian and he will have four more scenarios for you. Beat the high score on all four and the achievement will unlock.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were really easy, capture were the only ones i had slight trouble with because I didn't know where the points were at first. Even Ahern's mission on hardest was easy (you have chance to tell him to make it harder).

Not bad for $5 but it's one and done deal, I was hoping for actual missions :(

Finished the DLC, pretty worthless IMO. I was hoping for some kind of actual mission, not just a series of bland combat simulations.

Also, you don't really need an achievement guide; just set the difficulty to Casual and you'll get the top score every time without really even trying. Like someone else mentioned, the only tricky ones are the Capture missions when you don't know where the control points are.

The apartment you get is pretty worthless too, but this DLC did get me to level 60, so I have 1200/1200 now, which is nice.

The apartment you get is pretty worthless too,

ya but if u check Aherns messages u can pay for top-of-the-line weapons. i just bought a new assault rifle(pulse rifle X) thats actually better than my HMWA VII which was the best gun in the game.

the pulse rifle X does 336 damage, 74 shots before over heating and 77 acuracy rating. i finished mass effect long ago but its good for players who might need some extra firepower or need some extra missions for the ally achievements.

im so glad Boware didnt charge us 800mp like most other companies would. its nice they realize that this isn't a big dlc pack and that its not worth $10 to most people.

ya but if u check Aherns messages u can pay for top-of-the-line weapons. i just bought a new assault rifle(pulse rifle X) thats actually better than my HMWA VII which was the best gun in the game.

the pulse rifle X does 336 damage, 74 shots before over heating and 77 acuracy rating. i finished mass effect long ago but its good for players who might need some extra firepower or need some extra missions for the ally achievements.

im so glad Boware didnt charge us 800mp like most other companies would. its nice they realize that this isn't a big dlc pack and that its not worth $10 to most people.

HMA VII is not the best gun in the game. Never was. There are a line of HMW_ X guns that all outrank the level VII versions.

HMA VII is not the best gun in the game. Never was. There are a line of HMW_ X guns that all outrank the level VII versions.

sorry i forgot about those. i wasnt using my highest level character when playing the dlc and assumed that i already had the best gun. i remember now using the HMW X guns with my level 60 character . still, its nice u can get very powerful weapons from ur apartment.

I actually found the DLC worth the money. It didn't take all that long to complete, took me an hour or so on hardcore with my vanguard, but I found the apartment part quite rewarding. The scenery was just breathtakingly beautiful and it was a nice addition to the game, even if it didn't add anything to the story.

Station was rather fun, though i found rather impossible to complete some simulations with my level 60/Insanity character...simply because of enemies with immunity taking ages to die..

The apartment is a nice little addition, though rather useless, shame that your crew cant come down to visit.

Station was rather fun, though i found rather impossible to complete some simulations with my level 60/Insanity character...simply because of enemies with immunity taking ages to die..

The apartment is a nice little addition, though rather useless, shame that your crew cant come down to visit.

So that's why the Time Trials are so hard... I cannot beat the tropical time trial level for the life of me. I'm playing on Insanity! Stupid me. Guess I have to find a save where i'm on the Normandy and not on insane, because I can't change the difficulty, I have yet to complete the game on insane.

So that's why the Time Trials are so hard... I cannot beat the tropical time trial level for the life of me. I'm playing on Insanity! Stupid me. Guess I have to find a save where i'm on the Normandy and not on insane, because I can't change the difficulty, I have yet to complete the game on insane.

Thats what happened to me, i made a new save and ran the simulations on casual simply for the achievements, (did Ahern's on Insanity, that was still pretty easy with Master Immunity), then continued on with my Insanity run.

Since I currently making a "clean" save to prepare ME 2, which means playing in insane (for the 2nd time), exploring everything etc, it's quite annoying that I will have to "cheat" to get those achievements.

The Volcano hunt is driving me nuts, every time I hit the 15ish enemis killed, each new kill gives me 1 sec (!!!!!) when it takes me 2 or 3s to focus on an enemy and then kill him. This is just completely messed up!

Seems like it's impossible to beat those achievements in insane (even with a full team lvl 60 with the best equipment).

On the time trial level where you have to do 1:24, I'm at 1:54 and I kill everything practically instantly!!

How do you exit a simulation? I found a switch you could use, but it said using it would result in a loss of all progress. After that I let myself be killed, but that resulted in freezing my game (a problem some other people also experienced).

You have to die. Are you playing Volcanic? Mine freezes every time. I'm starting to hate this buggy DLC with a passion.

Edit: Alright, I finally passed it without it freezing. I changed my difficulty from Insanity to Hardcore; don't know if that's what made the difference or not.

Edited by simmias

If this can help, some ennemies will spawn on a specific point.

On the volcano hunt, if you look at the structure with the 2 stairs, enemies will spawn continuously (each time you kill one) near the rocks on the left side, close to the stairs.