Are people enjoying the game?

DERVISH888

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't played much of it yet(like 2 or 3 chapters) but loving every second of it.

The humor is nicely done, the control style feels that of the newer Resident Evils, creatures are a mix of Res Evil and Silent Hill(One even reminds me of the pyramid heads, but with a cone instead). The blood styling reminds me of No More Heroes and the Darkness factor is unique and fun/frantic when trying to find a goat head to shoot so you don't die from darkness.

I don't know what else to say so if you have any questions ask away.

I haven't played much of it yet(like 2 or 3 chapters) but loving every second of it.

The humor is nicely done, the control style feels that of the newer Resident Evils, creatures are a mix of Res Evil and Silent Hill(One even reminds me of the pyramid heads, but with a cone instead). The blood styling reminds me of No More Heroes and the Darkness factor is unique and fun/frantic when trying to find a goat head to shoot so you don't die from darkness.

I don't know what else to say so if you have any questions ask away.

You are right. this game borrowed heavily from other games. Like with the darkness and how you have to remove it from enemies before they can be killed. Alan Wake anyone? Either way borrowing from other games works sometimes. Darksiders comes to mind. With that said, this game is awesome. It is unique in so many other ways you dont even notice the similarities. I have played through this game twice now and actually looking forward to my third playthrough. My favorite game of the year by far so far. I dont think thats going to last but so far it is.

Nice. That was the response I was hoping for. The reviews I read on Gamespot and IGN said that the controls were a little wonky, which was odd because every gamer review said otherwise. What are your thoughts on the controls? Pretty solid? Oddly enough, there were (at least from what I read) never any comments on the controls with GOW. Great games, but MAN those controls were wack.

Are the headshots gratifying like that of Gears of War? I recall playing GOW / GOW2 over and over because of the stupid joy I received from popping a head off.

Thanks for your response man. I appreciate it.

ALMOST LOVE THIS GAME!!!! Gameplay is fun, graphics is ok but most times is chunky looking not amazing and story sound good and A.I. enemies really well in this game not fantastic.

Shame game don't have stackable difficulty achievements but that ok with me I don't care to have it or not just enjoyable throughout game!! I usually like games with stackable difficulty achievements but that game I don't care because somewhat I really enjoyment it

I give this game 80% :)

ALMOST LOVE THIS GAME!!!! Gameplay is fun, graphics is ok but most times is chunky looking not amazing and story sound good and A.I. enemies really well in this game not fantastic.

Shame game don't have stackable difficulty achievements but that ok with me I don't care to have it or not just enjoyable throughout game!! I usually like games with stackable difficulty achievements but that game I don't care because somewhat I really enjoyment it

I actually like the idea of not having stackable achieves. It forces me to play the game a minimum of three times, which I dig. With no co-op or multiplayer (that I know of), it was almost necessary to add some replayability to the game.

I actually like the idea of not having stackable achieves. It forces me to play the game a minimum of three times, which I dig. With no co-op or multiplayer (that I know of), it was almost necessary to add some replayability to the game.

Yeah I agree what ya said and I am big fans of single player games and single player achievements so I am glad this game is only for single player :)

It looks that way because thats how its supposed to. They wanted it to look like a grindhouse movie. Have you ever seen that Grindhouse movie that Rodriquez and Tarrinteno did? Its like that. And for the OP the controls are not clunky they are actually very tight. Occasionally though when you go to roll your character likes to turn around rather than roll. Not sure why but its not that bad. I would say the people who said the controls were messed up never played a RE game.

9.8/10 ?

I think everyone is entitled to their opinions (actually, I don't), so I will say this : this is the worst piece of garbage I have played on the 360 in a long time. Period. For a Jericho-like, it's actually far worse, and that's saying something. Some people say this is the best game they have played in 2011... What the actual fuck ? Have you played Dragon Age II, Crysis 2, Bulletstorm, Divinity II, Mortal Kombat (I think this list has a game type for everyone) ?

So you like the "dick" and "cock" and "pussy" jokes every single fucking sentence ? You think the hero is a badass, with his false Dante style and his, wait for it, purple leather jacket with a shining golden skull on the back ? You like playing a character who says "fuck you, faggott" in spanish when he headshots a demon, has a gun called "The Boner", found his girlfriend in a dumpster, literally, can't even read which is insulting for the first latino "hero", has a british skull flying around him that transforms into weapons and bikes and a damn magic wand/torch ? Save points are piles of demon shit ? The demon that captures the girl makes jokes about raping her ? What the fuck is wrong with you ???

I guess you like running over hookers with your car in GTA and think Machete vs. Ghost Rider would be the best movie of all times... I have even read here that this game is what RE5 should have been... which is an insult to all possible insults.

I think this game is a pale copy of Bayonetta in terms of tone, with some gameplay elements of RE5, and pieces of Dante's Inferno's story, and I would give it a 4/10 because the controls are OK, the monster and level design is nice and the music is just plain perfect.

Oh, and it's full of glitches and bugs, but then again, it's true that every single game has been this year, so I guess that was to be expected, sadly.

I'm finishing this once, because I finish what I start, and I'm counting the hours until I will finally put my copy of FEAR 3 in my system.

If it makes you feel less insane, flame me all you want.

Edited by Asturgis

9.8/10 ?

I think everyone is entitled to their opinions (actually, I don't), so I will say this : this is the worst piece of garbage I have played on the 360 in a long time. Period. For a Jericho-like, it's actually far worse, and that's saying something. Some people say this is the best game they have played in 2011... What the actual fuck ? Have you played Dragon Age II, Crysis 2, Bulletstorm, Divinity II, Mortal Kombat (I think this list has a game type for everyone) ?

So you like the "dick" and "cock" and "pussy" jokes every single fucking sentence ? You think the hero is a badass, with his false Dante style and his, wait for it, purple leather jacket with a shining golden skull on the back ? You like playing a character who says "fuck you, faggott" in spanish when he headshots a demon, has a gun called "The Boner", found his girlfriend in a dumpster, literally, can't even read which is insulting for the first latino "hero", has a british skull flying around him that transforms into weapons and bikes and a damn magic wand/torch ? Save points are piles of demon shit ? The demon that captures the girl makes jokes about raping her ? What the fuck is wrong with you ???

I guess you like running over hookers with your car in GTA and think Machete vs. Ghost Rider would be the best movie of all times... I have even read here that this game is what RE5 should have been... which is an insult to all possible insults.

I think this game is a pale copy of Bayonetta in terms of tone, with some gameplay elements of RE5, and pieces of Dante's Inferno's story, and I would give it a 4/10 because the controls are OK, the monster and level design is nice and the music is just plain perfect.

Oh, and it's full of glitches and bugs, but then again, it's true that every single game has been this year, so I guess that was to be expected, sadly.

I'm finishing this once, because I finish what I start, and I'm counting the hours until I will finally put my copy of FEAR 3 in my system.

Ya bitch I own all those games you named. They are all good but this is better. Now kindly pull that huge dildo out your ass. Its making you cranky.

9.8/10 ?

I think everyone is entitled to their opinions (actually, i don't), so i will say this : This is the worst piece of garbage i have played on the 360 in a long time. Period. For a jericho-like, it's actually far worse, and that's saying something. Some people say this is the best game they have played in 2011... What the actual fuck ? Have you played dragon age ii, crysis 2, bulletstorm, divinity ii, mortal kombat (i think this list has a game type for everyone) ?

So you like the "dick" and "cock" and "pussy" jokes every single fucking sentence ? You think the hero is a badass, with his false dante style and his, wait for it, purple leather jacket with a shining golden skull on the back ? You like playing a character who says "fuck you, faggott" in spanish when he headshots a demon, has a gun called "the boner", found his girlfriend in a dumpster, literally, can't even read which is insulting for the first latino "hero", has a british skull flying around him that transforms into weapons and bikes and a damn magic wand/torch ? Save points are piles of demon shit ? The demon that captures the girl makes jokes about raping her ? What the fuck is wrong with you ???

I guess you like running over hookers with your car in gta and think machete vs. Ghost rider would be the best movie of all times... I have even read here that this game is what re5 should have been... Which is an insult to all possible insults.

I think this game is a pale copy of bayonetta in terms of tone, with some gameplay elements of re5, and pieces of dante's inferno's story, and i would give it a 4/10 because the controls are ok, the monster and level design is nice and the music is just plain perfect.

Oh, and it's full of glitches and bugs, but then again, it's true that every single game has been this year, so i guess that was to be expected, sadly.

I'm finishing this once, because i finish what i start, and i'm counting the hours until i will finally put my copy of fear 3 in my system.

Pfffffff you mad.

And probably owner of small johnson.

But, jokes about johnsons doesn'make any game better (Duke Nukem) but they really fit this game.

And you maybe have no sense of humor.

Edited by El Stupido

Anyway.... This game definitely sounds like the best thing to come out in a while. I was looking at Alice and Duke Nukem prior to this game and well... Alice got "so so" ratings (I'd really like to get my hands on a demo of that) and Duke Nukem just flat out caught hell from everyone.

I appreciate everyone's response. The responses I've read on this thread, from critics online, etc. etc. have been mostly positive. It seems like the people who are for this game, love it. And those who dislike it, mildly dislike it.

So... All in all, it sounds like a winner to me. I look forward to checking it out.

Alice is good as well mate but its more of a platformer but it gets repetitive quick with the combat duke nukem i would avoid at all costs its downright awful.

Hahahaha! I downloaded the demo to Duke and it was dreadful. I couldn't look left or right without that thing getting choppy.

I'll check Alice out at some point down the road. I love the Platformers and don't really mind repetition.

This game got the best response from everything I looked at recently.

Hahahaha! I downloaded the demo to Duke and it was dreadful. I couldn't look left or right without that thing getting choppy.

I'll check Alice out at some point down the road. I love the Platformers and don't really mind repetition.

This game got the best response from everything I looked at recently.

Duke is actually good guys. The reviews it got are unfair. Go over to the Duke site on this forum and you will see. People who actually played it enjoyed. It has very crude humor just like this game. Im not sure what the demo was but the game itself is not bad at all. Dont miss out based on demo. I would strongly recommend renting it though.

Duke is actually good guys. The reviews it got are unfair. Go over to the Duke site on this forum and you will see. People who actually played it enjoyed. It has very crude humor just like this game. Im not sure what the demo was but the game itself is not bad at all. Dont miss out based on demo. I would strongly recommend renting it though.

Thanks man. I may take a look at it somewhere down the road if it gets cheaper. I'm a little spooked to drop $60.00 on that joker after hearing the press about it. I imagine it's pretty hilarious. I watched the trailer and it looked pretty cool. The part where he says, "Hell... I'd still hit it" at that Queen Boss was hysterical.

9.8/10 ?

I agree. this game has horribad craptacular controls, mediocre graphics, poor story. the only redeeming factor is the music.

Thanks man. I may take a look at it somewhere down the road if it gets cheaper. I'm a little spooked to drop $60.00 on that joker after hearing the press about it. I imagine it's pretty hilarious. I watched the trailer and it looked pretty cool. The part where he says, "Hell... I'd still hit it" at that Queen Boss was hysterical.

haha, ya man. its pretty funny. definately not worth 60 bux but I would rent it. I myself did buy it and Im not too disapointed that I did but wish I had rented. Definately worth playing through though.