Alright, so, I figured it was about time I tried one of these things out. A... "flog," is it? Wait, what? It's a "blog?" Well, shit, I already made the thread title.

-----

For those of you who don't know who I am (what the hell, man?), I go by Floyd, I'm 27, married with a now almost six month old daughter (holy shit, six months already?), and am a stay-at-home dad thanks to my wife's lucrative profession. I also love bacon and cooking (often together). Up until last year for about 4-5 years, I had been a cell phone salesman; good money, but a ton of stress, especially at management level where the people running the show aren't afraid to straight up fire you if you or your team have a bad month. I couldn't take it anymore. It was starting to give me warning triggers for my epilepsy due to the stress level, so my wife pushed me to quit and stay at home.

Anyway, that's enough about my boring life. GAMES! I'm an avid RPG whore but have lately found a greater passion in simply playing whatever I can and getting out all the joy I can from it. With my gaming time having dwindled significantly, I'm trying to find a balance between hunting for gamerscore and just playing for fun - somehow, the :gsicon: often wins out in that fight. C'est la vie! Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time, right? I take pride in my completions for games like Skyrim and Dishonored (no, I am not counting the Dishonored trials DLC; it's garbage. I'm talking straight up retail completion), and have often gone back to those titles just for shits.

Hmm, stuff about me, stuff about me... I guess that's really all I have to start off with right now. I plan on updating this blog on a near-daily (if not multiple-daily!) basis, so feel free to post whatever the hell you want in here, starting off with how awesome I am and how you want me to run the site. It's ok - I know you all think I'm the best thing since sliced bread. I won't let it get to my head.

Until I do, here's an image to remind you of what I go through all day when I'm not posting here:

http://buymelaughs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Funny-Babies-Pictures-2.jpg

Completions: 24

Retail list:

8 pts - #IDARB

1 pt - 6180: The Moon

1 pt - Child of Light

1 pt - Contrast

1 pt - Costume Quest 2

10 pts - Final Fantasy Type-0

0 pts - Game of Thrones

1 pt - Minecraft: Xbox One Edition

1 pt - Monopoly Plus

1 pt - Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna)

1 pt - Nutjitsu

1 pt - Peggle 2

4 pts - Quest of Dungeons

1 pt - Rocket League

1 pt - Scrabble

0 pts - Tales from the Borderlands

8 pts - The Banner Saga

1 pt - The Walking Dead: Season Two

1 pt - The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season

1 pt - Whispering Willows

DLC/0G list:

3 pts - Dragon Age: Inquisition - Jaws of Hakkon

3 pts - Dragon Age: Inquisition - The Descent

1 pt - Game of Thrones - Episode 1: Iron From Ice

1 pt - Game of Thrones - Episode 2: The Lost Lords

1 pt - Game of Thrones - Episode 3: The Sword in the Darkness

1 pt - Game of Thrones - Episode 4: Sons of Winter

1 pt - Game of Thrones - Episode 5: A Nest of Vipers

1 pt - Game of Thrones - Episode 6: The Ice Dragon

1 pt - Life is Strange - Episode 1: Chrysalis

1 pt - Life is Strange - Episode 2: Out of Time

1 pt - Life is Strange - Episode 3: Chaos Theory

3 pts - Magic 2015 - Duels of the Planeswalkers - Garruk's Revenge

1 pt - Minecraft: Story Mode - Episode 1: The Order of the Stone

1 pt - Minecraft: Story Mode - Episode 2: Assembly Required

1 pt - Minecraft: Story Mode - Episode 3: The Last Place You Look

2 pts - Minecraft: Story Mode - Episode 4: A Block and a Hard Place

1 pt - Peggle 2 - Jimmy Lightning Master Pack

1 pt - Peggle 2 - Windy the Fairy Master

1 pt - Tales from the Borderlands - Episode 1: Zer0 Sum

1 pt - Tales from the Borderlands - Episode 2: Atlas Mugged

1 pt - Tales from the Borderlands - Episode 3: Catch A Ride

1 pt - Tales from the Borderlands - Episode 4: Escape Plan Bravo

1 pt - Tales from the Borderlands - Episode 5: The Vault of the Traveler

1 pt - The Walking Dead: Michonne

1 pt - The Walking Dead: Michonne Episode 2

App List:

1 pt - ABC News

1 pt - Atari: Game Over

1 pt - VoiceStudio

1 pt - YouTube

DotE Character Completion list:

- Skroig

- Deena

- Lady Joleri

- Max

- Troe

- Gork

- Josh

- Rakya

Edited by Floyd.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I should mention, my love for RPGs was exclusively JRPG until Bethesda came along. I am very, VERY proud of my SNES, PS1, PS2 RPG collection. I'll take a picture one of these days and post it up here!

You had me at bacon.

Haha, not hard to grab your attention, is it? ;)

Stay-at-home father of an awesome daughter and lover of RPGs, Skyrim, Dishonored and bacon.

Yes!

We were destined to be friends, Bigg. DON'T FIGHT IT!

Finally a Blog from Floyd! Bacon? Baby? RPG's? You livin' it up it seems!

I think a more apt way of describing my current situation is that my daughter (her name is Lily, fyi, which I plan on name-dropping often... hehe) is living it up. I'm more of a servant that answers to her pleas.

You had me at Lucrative profession.

Lucky Bastard. Kids are the best so cherish the momenets. My little girl is 12 going on 18 and the Monster is 2 already.

Well, you and Dirty were easy to catch - note to self, key words, bacon and lucrative profession... Yeah I love my little rascal. She's pretty awesome.

I want the next blog to be about what you do with bacon that doesn't involve cooking. Should be a good, though potentially disturbing, read. :D

Potentially? No, wholeheartedly guaranteed.

Since you mentioned bacon... the "flavour" bacon has disappointed me twice recently, the second time only a couple of hours ago. I came to the conclusion that bacon super noodles ain't my cup of tea a couple of weeks back, just something about the flavour that doesn't sit right with me. Then, tonight, I started tucking into a bag of bacon flavoured McCoys - again I was disappointed, I couldn't even eat them! Strange though, as I love proper bacon. (Thankfully there was a bag of Chargrilled Chicken flavour to hand...)

Thought you might like to know :p

I wish bacon wasn't so expensive. Can you mail me some? Canada post!

@TheDeadlyDog Hey did you know Epic Meal Time is from my hometown (West Island of Montreal) I don't really enjoy their videos, but seeing as you might I thought I'd brag about that fact. They show up at some local bars from time to time and just look like such douche bags.

@puzzler Turkey bacon doesn't even compare, don't bother

Edited by Bare Bum Cheeks

Breakfast, FTW!

This quote wins. Anyway, in regards to turkey bacon, Brittany (my wife) and I switched over to it a few years ago, and only recently went back to regular bacon. It has a decent taste, it's less than 1/3 of the bad stuff for you, and it leaves virtually zero fat behind on the pan (PS same goes for lean ground turkey as opposed to ground beef, the former is much healthier and tastes the same; I'm sure Bigg can attest). The downside to turkey bacon is that while it tastes just fine when served by itself, it becomes absolutely useless when used as an addition to a meal as a cooking component. If you're wanting to add bacon flavor to something, such as a crockpot meal or a pan-fried steak, you need to use real bacon (or bacon fat, which is my preferred method of pan-frying a steak).

As for Puzzler's post about bacon stuff, wtf are those things, lol? Definitely don't have any of what you mentioned up here in Canada! :p

Also, this many tags already?! Lol.

Yeah, wtf, I went to type in my name and the tags that popped up were "Floyd spam" and "Floyd-spam," - damn you, guys :p

Edited by Floyd.

This quote wins. Anyway, in regards to turkey bacon, Brittany (my wife) and I switched over to it a few years ago, and only recently went back to regular bacon. It has a decent taste, it's less than 1/3 of the bad stuff for you, and it leaves virtually zero fat behind on the pan (PS same goes for lean ground turkey as opposed to ground beef, the former is much healthier and tastes the same; I'm sure Bigg can attest). The downside to turkey bacon is that while it tastes just fine when served by itself, it becomes absolutely useless when used as an addition to a meal as a cooking component. If you're wanting to add bacon flavor to something, such as a crockpot meal or a pan-fried steak, you need to use real bacon (or bacon fat, which is my preferred method of pan-frying a steak).

As for Puzzler's post about bacon stuff, wtf are those things, lol? Definitely don't have any of what you mentioned up here in Canada! :p

Yeah, wtf, I went to type in my name and the tags that popped up were "Floyd spam" and "Floyd-spam," - damn you, guys :p

I like using turkey bacon in pasta dishes where I don't really want a massive bacon smack in the face just a nice meaty morsel as an undertone.

Right on, a fellow turkey bacon eater (or ex-eater :p). Yeah, lean ground turkey beef is my preferred way to go when making burgers or pasta or whatever else.

I'm not the most advanced of cooks though so I'm not too into that whole "added" flavors touch, though I do something similar by cooking my eggs in the pan from the turkey bacon's oil that's left over after they're cooked.

I like using turkey bacon in pasta dishes where I don't really want a massive bacon smack in the face just a nice meaty morsel as an undertone.

This is an alternate method of using turkey bacon, I agree, but only in small doses like you mentioned; pasta is an excellent use of some diced up turkey bacon in a marinara. Props for using your complimentary protein wisely!

Right on, a fellow turkey bacon eater (or ex-eater :p). Yeah, lean ground turkey beef is my preferred way to go when making burgers or pasta or whatever else.

Totally. As I've been at home for the last six months, I've been focusing on making healthier, more wholesome meals, and lean ground turkey easily tops the list of versatile, healthy proteins that you can base an entire meal around. Just like Meta's post, it makes a good marinara if you use less than half a pound and make sure you chop it up good. I find it doesn't crumble as well as beef in the pan and you end up with big chunks if you leave it unmanaged.

I'm not the most advanced of cooks though so I'm not too into that whole "added" flavors touch, though I do something similar by cooking my eggs in the pan from the turkey bacon's oil that's left over after they're cooked.

Dude! You're already on your way to becoming a chef, lol, so get on it! You're into fitness and health, so naturally your next step should be food and flavor profiles. I've been the other way around ;) Food first, working on the fitness thing. I like to think of myself as a pretty good cook, and from the sounds of Doug's postings, I think I'm getting close to being on par with him. I've been making multiple meals a day for the family for close to a decade, so if that hasn't helped, I might as well just give up now, haha.

Yeah, lean ground turkey beef is my preferred way to go when making burgers or pasta or whatever else.

Beef comes from cows. Now, I'm no rancher, but I don't think turkey comes from cows, even if it's ground up. Also, turkey chili.

Dude! You're already on your way to becoming a chef, lol, so get on it! You're into fitness and health, so naturally your next step should be food and flavor profiles. I've been the other way around ;) Food first, working on the fitness thing. I like to think of myself as a pretty good cook, and from the sounds of Doug's postings, I think I'm getting close to being on par with him. I've been making multiple meals a day for the family for close to a decade, so if that hasn't helped, I might as well just give up now, haha.

I think we have a challenge on our hands.... Provencal chicken at dawn! Choose your pan.... Damn, that was a delicious meal.... Or we could make it interesting and say no meat at all.