No SP DLC coming.

jswartz0181

From http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1am2sl /hi_i_am_karl_stewart_global_brand_director_for/:

We honestly believe that creating a multiplayer experience was and is the right thing to do. This is our very first attempt to create a MP experience and with that comes a lot of learning. We will continue to monitor and tweak the experience until we get it right.

At this time there are no plans for single player DLC

There are currently no plans in place for any Single Player expansions. All of our DLC is based around the Multiplayer experience for now.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, a few possibilities off the top of my head:

• "Proper" side tombs that actually present a challenge and require more than just a quick glance to figure out how to solve. There is plenty of space on the map that the game never covers. One or more of these sections could easily add a few of these.
  • Episodes that let you play as the other survivors. There are a few events in the story that could easily translate into extra gameplay.
  • With all the ship wrecks, certainly some interesting side-story could be had (isn't that what the GameStop pre-order DLC was?).

Oh, and how about some fan service? Before MP was announced, the Shanty Town map was referred to as Endurance DLC. This led people to imagine some sort of prequel, where you meet the crew and get to know them better. Would it be combat-based? Of course not (but then, TR also really hasn't been overly combat-based in the past). But with how so many feel the supporting characters were hard to relate to/care about, something could be worked out to provide cheap or free DLC in that regard (depending on the content -- just story would hopefully be free (not unlike the Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut)).

Edited by jswartz0181

Lol, watch them add achievements. the douches....:p

They wouldn't dare!

*knowing me and my obsession for completions, I'd buy it :/*

Given how there are 'extra' survivors in the MP list that I don't remember seeing in SP, I was hoping there might have been some extra story elements for DLC.

I thought the same thing, but Liam was actually one of the randoms that got shot when Lara was first kidnapped/taken by Vlad. Victor is the captain of the boat towards the end of the game that walks up to Lara and says "we're going home."

But...I have no idea who Steph is? :confused:

They wouldn't dare!

*knowing me and my obsession for completions, I'd buy it :/*

I thought the same thing, but Liam was actually one of the randoms that got shot when Lara was first kidnapped/taken by Vlad. Victor is the captain of the boat towards the end of the game that walks up to Lara and says "we're going home."

But...I have no idea who Steph is? :confused:

I think they sacrficed steph.... because i remember lara saying something like "oh god, steph"...while staring at a body on the wall. i think they killed her, that was like at the beginning though.

Paaah what fucking dumbasses. Creating such a wonderful campaign and story around the young Lara Croft and what did they end up with...focusing on the MP.

They should listen more to the reviews and what people are saying in the forums rather than WHAT THEY THINK/WANT. Not many will care.

I assume that will also mean no bikini-bottom party with Lara. What a shame!

Liam is definitely shot by the Solarii when Lara gets captured. You can clearly see his puffy vest and trucker cap.

I don't explicitly recall seeing Steph in the game, but I do seem to remember Lara uttering her name as suggested.

I am saddened and shocked by this news, I mean really they have no plans at all for DLC that introduces newer and tougher tombs wow.

I really fucking hate how developers and studios think tacking on a shitty multiplayer is the solution for a long life span, If the game is great and there is tons of secrets and collectables people will continue to play it. God bless Ken Levine and Irrational for not including multiplayer into Bioshock:Infinite I wish others would follow suit.

I'm really disappointed that there won't be proper puzzles added, he said on the Reddit thread:

We tried to ensure that even with a new vision, we stayed true to the pillars of Combat, Exploration and puzzle solving.

Well, shit, did they screw that last one up...

I've had more of a bloody challenge trying to count out my money at last call in a pub than any of the Early Learning Centre bollocks in this.

I also sincerely hope there's no new MP achievements added, the MP is just awful, and that's being nice to them - Although to be honest, it's the worst MP I can remember ever playing - 30% spawn camping, 30% bows, 30% grenade launchers and 10% luck that you hopefully don't get this in a match.

The excuse about still learning MP is fucking shite though, you don't need to make and then refine your multiplayer over several games to know that the spawn-camping bullshit with bows/launchers of TDM will utterly ruin it, that the bad spawns in FFA where you appear right next to somebody will screw that up or even that this game's idea of balance where it's happy to stick a bunch of low level players with rubbish gear against a whole bunch of high levelled players with good, upgraded gear will make it pointless and easier for the first point to happen.

On top of that, I don't think I've ever played MP maps where they can feel simultaneously so big and so cramped at the same time - Big in that sometimes you're lucky to see one or two players, (assuming that's not because the rest have bloody quit like what seemed to happen so often), yet at the same time there's so many cramped little corridors and caves, it's weird.

Just please let the MP die, Crystal - It's Tomb Raider, it doesn't need multiplayer.

• With all the ship wrecks, certainly some interesting side-story could be had (isn't that what the GameStop pre-order DLC was?).

Nah, it's just another little tomb that doesn't take long to complete like all the rest. It has a bonus ammo/salvage cache hidden in it, so it's got a little more than the ones found in the rest of the game, but not much...

And after trying to play the MP legitimately (still can't win a fucking Free-For-All) I have to agree with a lot of what VladimirK says about it's "balancing" and general oddness.

Character based DLC would have been good, that suggestion reminded me a little of Mafia 2 with the Joe's Adventures DLC :) I would like to know more about the ships crew, and as mentioned in another post here there are plenty of places that the DLC could take place.

That would definitely be interesting, but the crew [sam, Reyes, Jonah, Alex] were captured like 90% of the game, and I don't see how they could have altered that in the slightest to make it DLC worthy :p The only characters that we know were alive and well were Grimm and Roth. Woulda been awesome playing as Roth.