Is the achievement for 2,500 hands of Texas Heat buggy?

Seiryu

First of all, is that achievement retroactive at all? If it counts all hands of Texas Heat ever played, then I should have more than enough. Even if it only counts hands played since the DLC with the achievement was added, I still feel like I should already have it.

I did a bit of math to estimate how long it should take and here's what I came up with. Let's say you average about 20 hands per 30 minute session. Sometimes if it's a table with mostly AI players I can get nearly 30 hands, but if there are a lot of human players and they are playing slowly then I may get as low as 13-15, so yeah, let's call it an average of 20.

At 20 hand per game you need 125 sessions.

Sessions are in blocks of 4, so you need 31.25 2-hour blocks.

There are 3 blocks per game day, so if you play every single session it would take ~10.5 days.

Since there are only 2 game days per week, it would take ~5 weeks to reach 2,500 hands.

Now, I know I played a lot of Texas heat before this achievement came out, as I pretty sure that at the time this DLC was released I already had all the other achievements in the game, however once I got all the achievements I stopped playing so I did not play a lot in the weeks/months before the DLC.

When this DLC came out I started playing again and played nearly every single session for at least a month I believe, in an attempt to get the 2,500 hands. When I started feeling like it was taking too long I got frustrated with the game and stopped playing for a while. When yet another new DLC came out recently I started playing again, and have played in at least 6 2-hour sessions if I recall correctly.

I'm fairly certain I should already have 2,500 hands, but if not I should be extremely close.

Anyway, long story short, has anyone had issues with this achievement not unlocking when it should? Also, when does it unlock? Is it in the middle of the game immediately after your 2,500th hand, or does it not come until the end of the session?

Also, if it is buggy, what can I do to fix it? And where is the hand count stored? Are the stats server side or local to my system?

My guess for fixing it would be clearing my cache and/or deleting then redownloading the game and DLC, but I don't want to do that if the stats are stored locally and it would mean starting the 2,500 over again.

So... yeah, what do I do? Do I...

1. Just wait and hope that I am close and will get it any day now (hopefully tomorrow)?

2. Clear my cache and/or redownload the game? If someone can confirm that this does not reset my hand count I may go ahead and do this anyway...

3. Something else?

I'm just really tired of this game and want to be done with it. Once I get the 2,500 hands of Texas heat I will be done with that mode and the remaining achievements I need (10,000 hands total, 10 Four of a Kind wins, win with every hand except Royal Flush) can be done in single player with a turbo controller, so I really want to figure out what I have to do to get this freaking 2,500 hands to unlock...

Clearing catche, etc shouldn't reset your stats. Have a read of this guys findings: http://www.trueachievements.com/a167924/feel-the-heat-achievement.htm?showguides=1

According to that guy you have to redownload the fall and winter dlc. The thing is microsoft removed the fall dlc from the marketplace. I can redownload the winter one but the fall one no longer exists. I guess this means I'll never complete fully this game. :(

I've gotten over 10 Flushes and that achievement hasn't unlocked either. First, I recovered my GT and got the "200 knockouts achievement" but the 10 Flushes one never unlocked. I tried deleting my cache today and that didn't help. I'll try deleting and redownloading the most recent DLC but I think this is all stupid. How can all these achievements be so messed up?!? :mad::mad::mad:

According to that guy you have to redownload the fall and winter dlc. The thing is microsoft removed the fall dlc from the marketplace. I can redownload the winter one but the fall one no longer exists. I guess this means I'll never complete fully this game. :(

The older DLCs are no longer available in the marketplace, but if you downloaded them back when they were available you can still re-download them from your download history.

Yesterday I tried doing what was described in the link mugginyouoff posted. I cleared my cache, completely deleted all Full House Poker content from my hard drive, re-downloaded the game and all 6 DLCs, then cleared my cache again for good measure.

After this I played in all 3 sessions of Texas Heat (for the most part, missed a few hands due to errors and disconnects) but still no achievement... I guess I am just estimating wrong and probably haven't actually hit 2,500 yet (I hope) but I have got to be extremely close...