What did you do for New Years Eve?

HankosaurusRex

Stayed in with the family, had some champagne, watched the ball drop.

I was going to go to a party in town at a friend's place - but when I checked the list to see who was going, it was all people that we used to go to high school with that I barely even know. So I decided against going since I probably new 4 outta 40 people there.

I watched The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug. Though, I passed out about 20 minutes before the end. I'll have to watch the ending tonight.

By the way, Legolas is a straight up beast in that movie.

Despite what hardcore lore fans and critics who compare the movie too much to the novel, that movie was great. Not only is Legolas badass, but the entire scene with Smaug inside the treasure room was one of the most brilliantly crafted CGI ever. Smaug is amazing.

Had a friend around my place. I cooked some grub, drank some beer, played some games then headed over to another friends for a night of a little more drink and board games :dance:

Ended the night with a small argument because we had no cigarettes left between us and I wouldn't risk driving to the other side of town to a 24hr place that might of been open to grab some.

Ended the night with a small argument because we had no cigarettes left between us and I wouldn't risk driving to the other side of town to a 24hr place that might of been open to grab some.

I remember those days, when cigarettes were more important than food.

PM me if you've any interest in trying an electronic cigarette. And no, not one of those cheap, gas station cigarette look-a-likes. I've been using one for 3 years this March, and haven't even had a puff since day one of using it.

We went to a friends place to hang with her and her gf. Drank a ton and ate some great pizza. Went to a goth bar for countdown. Drank and danced our brains out. Got my ass grabbed by a transexual. Drank some more. Ended up in the ladies room at some point.

Cabbed home around 4am babbling to the driver about random shit I cant remember. SO passed out as soon as we got home. I ate leftovers and texted a buddy in BC. Passed out soon after and we had our new years breakfast at a nearby pub around 1pm Jan 1st.

I watched The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug. Though, I passed out about 20 minutes before the end. I'll have to watch the ending tonight.

By the way, Legolas is a straight up beast in that movie.

Rofl. I did basically the same thing when I saw that (not on New Years). I barely slept the night before so I kept sort of briefly going to sleep during the movie. Like for seconds at a time. Then I really kind of went to sleep right as they were trying to escape Smaug. I "woke up" right after he busted out of the mountain. I had to ask my brother why he was all golden.

On New Years I did nothing. And it was glorious. It was the first day I had to relax really since Christmas night when a family emergency began.