New "Last Team Standing Update" For GTA Online - Thursday 2nd October 2014

Boomerang Cat

New "Last Team Standing Update" has just been released today, Thursday 2nd October 2014, see Pic below:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/

http://i60.tinypic.com/35a96x1.jpg

Update:

Just played the Game for a few minutes and I'm not too impressed with the new Items apart from the Weapons, which seem to be a Rapid Fire Shotgun and a nice Rapid Fire Sniper Rifle.

The new Car "Lapadati Furore GT" seems to be a Sports Car with a top speed of around 165mph, in comparison to the Entity XF & Adder Supercars which reach over 200mph, this new Car is well short of a competitive top speed.

I'm trying to avoid being too negative, but it's been over a year since GTA Online was made available to play and there are still no Heists. Also Rockstar seem to be wasting their time creating Updates like this which ultimately contains very little new content of interest for me.

Edited by Boomerang Cat

I cannot get online, even though I have the update and the DLC that I downloaded from XBL marketplace. The xbox store doesn't work because Rockstar Services are unavailable for hours already.

I also cannot acces the Rockstar website, not on this laptop or a tablet or a phone. This is bugging me to no end. Anybody have the same problem or an idea what the hell is going on

Update:

Just played the Game for a few minutes and I'm not too impressed with the new Items apart from the Weapons, which seem to be a Rapid Fire Shotgun and a nice Rapid Fire Sniper Rifle.

The new Car "Lapadati Furore GT" seems to be a Sports Car with a top speed of around 165mph, in comparison to the Entity XF & Adder Supercars which reach over 200mph, this new Car is well short of a competitive top speed.

I'm trying to avoid being too negative, but it's been over a year since GTA Online was made available to play and there are still no Heists. Also Rockstar seem to be wasting their time creating Updates like this which ultimately contains very little new content of interest for me.

That's all I needed to know, thanks man.

I can't comment on details, but I was playing American Exports where I had called in my cargobob, and had the container and everything at Lester's and was just waiting for the other guy in the mission to lose his wanted level and make it to the airport so that I could deliver it, and he died, forcing me to land and drive to the compound. When I got back, my cargobob was gone. But when I did Pickup Sticks later, and after calling in my buzzard following collecting the Altruist package (both buzzards our group had ended up dying then), we ran out of time before we got there. When we restarted, I couldn't call mine in, as it was already at Paleto Bay, but as I got closer to it, it had despawned.

I played the mission Effin' Lazers yesterday and thought it was a really good mission.. right up until the end where after my co-op partner safely landed their Lazer and automatically climbed out, the instruction to "get in a Lazer" came up and the parked Lazer became active again. Getting back into it to try to move it just made us automatically climb out again so the mission couldn't be completed. We did try ramming it but it didn't seem to matter where the Lazer was and it ended up blowing up. We tried the mission again and the same thing happened again. Did anyone else have this problem?

Also, I was doing the event playlist and found that I really hate the Marksman Rifle. Trying to use a sniper rifle with a useless scope just seems kind of pointless. It doesn't even do much damage.

I played the mission Effin' Lazers yesterday and thought it was a really good mission.. right up until the end where after my co-op partner safely landed their Lazer and automatically climbed out, the instruction to "get in a Lazer" came up and the parked Lazer became active again. Getting back into it to try to move it just made us automatically climb out again so the mission couldn't be completed. We did try ramming it but it didn't seem to matter where the Lazer was and it ended up blowing up. We tried the mission again and the same thing happened again. Did anyone else have this problem?

I've had no problems with that Mission, I've only attempted/completed it once though and not since the most recent Update. I'll try again next time I play GTA Online.

Also, I was doing the event playlist and found that I really hate the Marksman Rifle. Trying to use a sniper rifle with a useless scope just seems kind of pointless. It doesn't even do much damage.

Agreed, I originally liked it as a Rapid Fire Sniper, however on further use the Zoom is nowhere near as good as a Sniper (unless you want to wait 10 seconds for it to zoom in very slowly) and it doesn't do much damage - Just another sucky Weapon I'll never really use.

is it just me or do the sniper and shotgun look like the same gun? lol

oh and the lack of visual upgrades for the new car, chopper and sports bike saddens me plus the choppers a bit small and the sports bike is too big imo lol so ill likely pass on the bikes...may get the car if i can find room

also yay for still not being able to play linked to my social club account :rolleyes:

is it just me or do the sniper and shotgun look like the same gun? lol

Totally man haha. Tested out both and IMO they pretty much suck. If I want to snipe one I snipe 'em with a real sniper just as before and not with a weapon that does half of the job plus no zoom. As for the shotgun it may has more damage but the tiny clip sucks too. With the older assault shotgun I have 32 rounds and destroy everything with no reloading. Range is still awesome so yeah screw those two guns!

I can't comment on details, but I was playing American Exports where I had called in my cargobob, and had the container and everything at Lester's and was just waiting for the other guy in the mission to lose his wanted level and make it to the airport so that I could deliver it, and he died, forcing me to land and drive to the compound. When I got back, my cargobob was gone. But when I did Pickup Sticks later, and after calling in my buzzard following collecting the Altruist package (both buzzards our group had ended up dying then), we ran out of time before we got there. When we restarted, I couldn't call mine in, as it was already at Paleto Bay, but as I got closer to it, it had despawned.

I don't see what benefit R* are achieving by making our Pegasus vehicles to despawn. I mean the vehicles cost $200 to call up so the financial rewards are tiny. We can only have 1 vehicle in our lobbies so we can not clutter a lobby with multiple vehicles. The only thing it does seem to do is cause grief for us.

As for the additions in this update. I wish I never purchased the shotgun or sniper rifle for both my characters. That was a total waste of my money.

The vehicles have no customisations which considering there is only 3 of them seems pretty lazy on R* side.

The outfits are pretty cool especially if you are in a crew and want to look the same and they would be cool for heists.

I am not sold on the bullet proof helmets though. Now people who are looking for an edge in combat will be wearing those and now I feel I need to wear that to negate any advantage they may have in combat against me. I wouldn't mind if it was just aesthetic and had no armour protection. Or at least one way to allow us to have our own style and still get the same head protection would be to allow all the masks and helmets to have armour protection.

Another option would be to allow us to equip it without having it visible like the body armour. That's another point when I read there was bullet proof helmets I thought they would be purchased in ammunation with the body armour. I think R* missed a trick there for more revenue generation. As it stands it is a one time purchase. If we had to purchase it like body armour we would spend on it everytime we entered a session or when it was worn off from taking damage therefore increasing the overall GTA $ we spend on it. That is of course for the people who would be inclined to purchase it in the first place.

I don't see what benefit R* are achieving by making our Pegasus vehicles to despawn. I mean the vehicles cost $200 to call up so the financial rewards are tiny. We can only have 1 vehicle in our lobbies so we can not clutter a lobby with multiple vehicles. The only thing it does seem to do is cause grief for us.

What I would LOVE to have is an option to call Pegasus to cancel a vehicle instead. I have on numerous occasions, while trying to be fast in my call or simply out of habit, accidentally overshot what I wanted and called in the wrong vehicle. That's an instance when I wish they would despawn for me when I want them too!

What I would LOVE to have is an option to call Pegasus to cancel a vehicle instead. I have on numerous occasions, while trying to be fast in my call or simply out of habit, accidentally overshot what I wanted and called in the wrong vehicle. That's an instance when I wish they would despawn for me when I want them too!

Oh I have been there many times. Especially when I play with one of my characters for a long time then switch to the other and I forget that the list of Pegasus vehicles I have for each is different.