Achievement Discussion

jgahagan

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardcore - got screwed out of the achievement, didn't touch hardcore mode but i did change difficulty setting from hard-normal to easy a few times. have heard that this may cause the achievement to glitch.

the achievement will pop up right after the ending, before the montage. it popped up on hardcore + normal for my guy, he didn't change difficulty setting so definitely something to do with that.

I think the 'You run barter town' achievement may be glitched or poorly described. You're supposed to sell a certain number of caps worth of goods, but I got it as I was buying things.

I wonder if it doesn't have something to do with your barter skill. I personally got mine while selling weapons to a vendor.

I think the 'You run barter town' achievement may be glitched or poorly described. You're supposed to sell a certain number of caps worth of goods, but I got it as I was buying things.

I wonder if it doesn't have something to do with your barter skill. I personally got mine while selling weapons to a vendor.

If I remember correctly the achievement is actually for doing 10k caps worth of business with a vendor. So between selling and buying I think they go together. Either way, spending 10k caps is cake...

I've heard a couple of conflicting things about achievements being effected via difficulty.. Can you play on Hardcore/easy or just plain hard and get achievements? (I know you can only get the hardcore achievement if you play hardcore all the way through)

I finished Hardcore/very easy about two days ago and got the achievement so this is possible, but I have also heard things just like you about difficulty affecting it, all I did was strictly the main story.

Playing the game on HARD difficulty will not get you any achievement nor will it get you and extra experience per kill or quest or anything, it just makes the game more difficult. You can get acheivements on any difficulty.

OK i found out the real names of the quests im failing when I do this.

"Eyesight to the blind" and "I could make you care"

Is that one still a veronica quest because i have her as a companion but she didn't give me any quest???:mad:

Will failing these quests prohibit me from getting any achievements because if they dont I'M NOT DOING THEM! haha

Neither of those quests are achievement related. For some reason i think the second one is a Veronica quest but i could be wrong. Eyesight to the Blind is a Brotherhood of Steel quest that you get in "Hidden Valley" and is a potential shoot off of the main story if you want to keep the Brotherhood Chapter in New Vegas around.

What difficult setting were you on? You made sure to have hardcore on before you left the Doc's house right? I haven't tried it out myself but perhaps you do need to complete every mission? But at the same time I dunno why, I got The went that away achievement just by walking into the Vegas strip so perhaps it's a different factor?

When it asks you for the first time if you want to play on hardcore mode say yes, if you dont you cannot unlock the achievement. Also once you have it on hardcore people seem to be having issues unlocking the achievement but they have also stated they changed the difficulty, but still left hardcore on so the best thing to do there is NOT change the difficulty...

Also you dont need to do every mission, just the main story missions, i accomplished my rush through in 5 hours, its really not terribly difficult.

sorry for so many posts in a row, just trying to help where i can!

I found combat against armored guys hard on my hardcore playthough (I was like, 100 SPEECH LOLOLOOL and had about 40 in guns).

Now I had lots of trouble with armored guys, but then I pulled out my Tri-beam laser or Y25x (or whatever the unique guass rifle is called) and kill Deathclaws in 2 hits.

Edit: I can't believe there is no achievement for killing each of the 4 legendary creatures...

For those of you that played Fallout 3 you will remember the prewar books were worth XP points when you turned them in to a certain character as was the scrap metal.

Does the same hold true for New Vegas? I'm only about 2 hrs into the game and find this stuff everywhere so I'm collecting and putting them away with the hopes that they are worth XP/caps down the road.

There are two places to turn in scrap metal. one only gives you rep with a faction and another place u can turn it in for bank. nothing on pre war books this time though. once you get to exploring and looking around you will see that there are HUNDREDS of pre war books laying around

• 1 month later...
There are two places to turn in scrap metal. one only gives you rep with a faction and another place u can turn it in for bank. nothing on pre war books this time though. once you get to exploring and looking around you will see that there are HUNDREDS of pre war books laying around

Where do you turn i the scrap metal for bank?

does the hardcore chhev unlock after finishing any story ending or do you have to finish them all just wondering cause im doing the yes man approach which seems to be progressing quite quickly just wondering if i have to do every ending first?

Any ending will work. I did it with Caesar's Legion, my brother did it with Mr. House. As soon as you get any ending this will pop.

im on my 1st playthrough and have ran into a huge problem! Im trying to do the House quest, so I go to the fort, rape my way through it, kill caesar, get the chip, bring it to House, watch the "cutscene", and am directed to go to Fortification Hill to his bunker. So I go to the weather station, kill fools in there, and then cant enter the bunker. I dont have the platinum chip! Mr House seems to think he gave it to me, but I definitely dont have it. Anyone have any suggestions as to how this could have happened. Is it just glitched cause I didnt follow directions and killed the legion?

im on my 1st playthrough and have ran into a huge problem! Im trying to do the House quest, so I go to the fort, rape my way through it, kill caesar, get the chip, bring it to House, watch the "cutscene", and am directed to go to Fortification Hill to his bunker. So I go to the weather station, kill fools in there, and then cant enter the bunker. I dont have the platinum chip! Mr House seems to think he gave it to me, but I definitely dont have it. Anyone have any suggestions as to how this could have happened. Is it just glitched cause I didnt follow directions and killed the legion?

Did you put the chip into the console to your right? It should be to your right as soon as you go into the weather station.

I tried to but it did not give me the option. It says "leave the machine alone".

I literally dont have the chip and dont know where it could be. Mr. House sent me to Fortification Hill but failed to give me the chip back. I think im going to have to pursue the NCR story line and come back to the House story on a different save.

I tried to but it did not give me the option. It says "leave the machine alone".

I literally dont have the chip and dont know where it could be. Mr. House sent me to Fortification Hill but failed to give me the chip back. I think im going to have to pursue the NCR story line and come back to the House story on a different save.

question: Is the chip in your inventory?

I'm just asking because I didn't hear you explicitely say you checked your inventory. You only said "House said he gave it to you" and "you picked it up".

Check your inventory. It should be in the Misc tab.

Sorry if this has already been posted:

If you want a quick "Speech Challenges" achievement, you can abuse the Speech Challenge that Store owner gives you in Novac. If your speech skill is high enough, you can just keep choosing the challenge as an option until you get to 50. I'm sure this is not the only case, but it's the first one I've found.