Easier way to get through bosses

boltsinxli

I am replaying the game on hard and was having a hell of a time defeating Bane until I found a trick (almost a cheat some might say). I was so close to an upgrade at the beginning of the fight that after I threw the first batarang the upgrade option appeared. Naturally, at first I went ahead and upgraded right away to better armor. After a few unsuccessful tries at defeating Bane it dawned on me that when upgrading armor it completely replenishes your health. So I just waited until my health was in the red to upgrade and beat him on the first try. I apologize if this has already been discovered and discussed, just thought I'd throw it out there for those others having troubles. I think I'll do this again for the final fight as well.

Works with any level up I'm, pretty sure. I actually thought about this when going for hard mode, however, most the boss battles have repetitive patterns and once you memorise it, they shouldn't be too much of a problem.

The only problem with doing this trick would be having the right amount of XP before going into a battle. I suppose, especially for the joker battle as you can walk straight into it, you could leave a lot of the puzzles for just before the fight.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Joker is kicking the snot out of me, just can't seem to beat him for some reason. Difficulty of this last boss is so far beyond anything else in the game, taking away from my overall enjoyment. Probably just a matter of sucking less, but seem to figure this be out.

Edited by djhepcat
typo

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...