Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Tyger7

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several people have commented on not being able to get "One with the Shadows" or said that it's glitchy. I think the description in the guide is just incomplete; you don't need to physically hide at all, you just need to go somewhere unobserved and switch costumes. I'm sure hiding doesn't hurt, but if you don't switch costumes then the achievement will not pop.

So do it the way the guide says, but remember to put on the outfit of one of the guys you killed. That is why the achievement pops.

Another easy way to do it is in Chinatown; go into the alley by the tattoo parlor, kill the cop and cause a general ruckus then run upstairs and shoot the drug dealer. Put on his outfit and stand around for 15 secs and the achievement will pop.

anyone have a bit more information on how to get the 'spook' playstyle to unlock. ive killed 3 people undetected with the silverballers loads of times now, on different levels and it wont unlock.

EDIT: nevermind, i did it. maybe you could add to the guide that the three kills with the silenced pistol need to be elimination kills, where you press x behind someone with the silenced pistol equipped. i thought it was just shooting outright.

Edited by Scotty

I'm having issues with this playcard - Spook: Get 3 kills with silenced gun undetected. - I've gone through a few levels killing more than 3 people with my silverballers and then hiding the bodies without being caugh, distracting, spotted arrows etc but its not unlocking?!

What am I doing wrong?

Edit: sorry using phone, so slow. Didn't notice post right above asking same question. I feel this ones a little buggy...

Edit 2: Just seen the edit above, so will try this method. While I'm at it, where can I find an axe again?! Last one I need!

Edit 3: Aove method works but would still like to know where the axe is, and possibly early on in a level.

Edited by Nozza

I'm having issues with this playcard - Spook: Get 3 kills with silenced gun undetected. - I've gone through a few levels killing more than 3 people with my silverballers and then hiding the bodies without being caugh, distracting, spotted arrows etc but its not unlocking?!

What am I doing wrong?

Edit: sorry using phone, so slow. Didn't notice post right above asking same question. I feel this ones a little buggy...

ive edited my post above. i watched a youtube video on how to do it. you need to do elimination kills not just shoot them.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

ive edited my post above. i watched a youtube video on how to do it. you need to do elimination kills not just shoot them.

Yeah done it. I saw the edited post above and got it on Shaving Lenny right at the start!

Also, I've now found an axe. Seems like I started with one in hand when unloaded up the 2nd part of the same mission. So killed the 3 people in the group at the start and I now have the achievement.

Jack of All Trades seems to be horribly glitched for me. I'm looking at my completely Play Styles and some I'm sure I would have, I don't. Played the whole game on hard too.

Undertaker, Sandman, Bartender, Brutus, and even Needler Pumper. Think I should have Pitcher and Spook too.

Info on this?

[Edit]: So I've run around doing some strange things and some of these are unlocking for different things. For example, I grabbed a knife in Chinatown and started throwing it at cops and picking it up off them. After 5 kills I got Brutus.

I'd also like to add some input for the road map. I have about 15 hours, 50 minutes played and I'm close to finishing this. I think the approx. time is closer to 20 hours. It also seems easier than a 7. Just my opinion. :)

Edited by Spock

For Russian Hare you can do it in Contracts mode too. Just go to Create Contract, load up your favorite sniping checkpoint (as several others suggested, Factory Compound has about 12 or 13 targets) and snipe everyone. Now hit restart contract and repeat 3-4x until the achievement pops. Takes maybe 5 minutes.

For Jack of All Trades Jinx is not working no matter what I do.

I've checked here, TA, the two guides on PS3t and nothing is helping. Last Play Style I need.

I got Jinx by killing 3 ppl by accident in Chinese New Year without being noticed (atleast i think it is without being noticed).

Do those in this order (challenge names):

Fire Him -> X Marks the Spot -> Moment of Bliss

That´s how I got it, hope it helps!

Fire Him -> X Marks the Spot -> Moment of Bliss

I thought the guy you kill in X Marks the Spot is the same guy you would kill in Moment of Bliss. Also, it seems impossible to do X Marks the Spot without being spotted since I don't have a silenced weapon I suppose.

... well I just did it and ... nothing. Thanks anyway.

Edited by Spock

This is probably the 5th guide from you that I've seen this year, Tyger. Awesome job. Just one question, what do you get out of doing these? Other than the satisfaction of helping fellow gamers achieve...do you get some kind of compensation? btw I'm totally new at this forum-posting thing, and YES I am going for 5 posts! And hopefully many more after...

Just did Russian Hare on End of the Road killing Lenny. I dont think they have to be the slow down precision kills as I did not do 47 of those. Just hit him in the head and restart from checkpoint. Literally took me only 3-4 mins. I got to where I was killing him before he said "accident" and then I just restarted.

What is the hidden achievement I missing? (it's the last one giving 10G).

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Profile?gamertag=HieiTF76

I checked with the list and didn't find the one marked secret.

It's one which give 10G, and the only ones that give 10G in this game are the story-related one that can't be missed, except the Patriot one and I got this one.

Edit : Found it, it's the "It's not worth it" (which can also be missed), but weird, I didn't killed Lenny, I just subdued him. Guess the game don't take that in account and want you to not touch him at all.

Edited by davhuit

I got champion, glass cannon, viking, and bartender playstyles at the Great Balls of Fire bar. Theres a shotgun in the security room through the vent in the bathroom for glass cannon and a baseball bat for viking in the bathroom stall. Could possibly get Gunslinger here as well if you knock everyone in the first room out for champion and pick up the revolver ammo. But once you start shooting you will die quickly. I couldnt do it without dying.