Beat the Kyklops in 1:38 Here is how!

phastroh

Ok so I was reading about how people beat the Kyklops in the Mini Game challenge in under 2:00.

I kept seeing how it was so hard and how close you come even if you can get it.

Well I beat it in 2:14 and I just could not for the life of me figure out how to get it under 2:00 and then out of nowhere I tried something and got it in 1:38.

I can't take full credit because one post I read said how you just run up to it and let it try to stomp you and then do the button mash and then it will drop and punch it.

I tried that but I just could not get it done in two segments. I knew that the only way was to use this technique in conjunction with gaunlets.

So here is what I did to beat it so fast.

As soon as the counter starts I had the sprint going and am able to get past where the Kyklops appears, grab a car and make myself some gauntlets.

Make sure you run to the front on the Kyklops before he crashes on you and get the button mash going. You can see the gauntlets in the animation too.

Be ready and in position when it falls over and start with an x,x and hold y and then make sure you have the ground smash selected and do a charged smash(not rage)

If you see the Kyklops health under 1/2 you know you have it in the bag, if not start over or maybe see if you can still do it.

Just repeat this over once more and he is finished.

1:38 was as fast as I could do it.

If this was mentioned prior or in another thread sorry, just wanted to add my experience for others to benefit from.

Good Luck!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Doing this exactly as written and still can't come in under 2 minutes. Not sure how you guys are doing it in 1:30. I'm pretty much maxed out with Hulk too.

EDIT : didn't do it in 1:30 but I got it with 4 seconds to spare. My tip is when you run to his legs, stand as close as possible and completely still. This will initiate the button mash sequence in the quickest time. This was all I needed to just scrape by.

Edited by ponypo2001

Thank you, OP! It took me a bunch of tries in vain because I didn't hold Y all the way through after the XX while it was down.

One thing to note though, I did manage to get the Kyklop's HP below half after the first sequence, but I did need to hit it once more for a tiny bit more damage just for reassurance that I would take it down. (I believe the timer was around 1:11, when the next stomp sequence started which still gave me plenty of time to go through the whole Kyklops stomp/falling over animation.)