SSS Ranks on Nephilm Tips?

A COMPLEX CHUG

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No you need a certain amount of points. However like he said Demon dodge and trinity smash is very good. Gets you a instant SSS. I start hitting them with Aquila then wait a dodge then Trinity smash ( RT+Y Y Pause Y) Goes up too SSS very easy.

ah i see, is there a list anywhere of points needed for each level?

i wish it was possible to just do the style points in a level first then go back and go for the time, it would make it easier for me.

Thanks so much for all your tips, everyone. i appreciate it. I am currently using the Demon Evade and Trinity Smash its working really well. So far done 12 missions :)

Another question: im aware that if you use health stars or whatever they are called, you get a deduction in your score and rank but what if you use Demon Trigger Stars; curious

Cheers

I believe those will also deduct from your score. I'm not 100% sure as I've never used any items so far, but I'm just going by the fact that it says "Items Used" at the end of a mission, and it technically is an item :)

Also, just like to share my combo that I used to get SSS in almost every battle on Nephilim difficulty (excluding bosses of course):

Double Jump > RT+X > (Rebellion) Y,Y...Y > LT+X > (Aquila) LT+Y,Y...Y > LT+Y > (Revenant) X > RT+X > (Eryx) RT+Y > RT+B (fully charged)

Pretty much guaranteed an SSS against crowds of weaker monsters thanks to being invincible in the air and Dante's defiance of gravity. Upgrading Eryx's two attacks (RT+Y and RT+B in the air) help deal out massive damage as well

Thanks so much for all your tips, everyone. i appreciate it. I am currently using the Demon Evade and Trinity Smash its working really well. So far done 12 missions :)

Another question: im aware that if you use health stars or whatever they are called, you get a deduction in your score and rank but what if you use Demon Trigger Stars; curious

Cheers

-10k per item which really isn't alot, if you have trouble with a certain fight it would be better to use a devil star and rack up the points and get -10k at the end, than to slog your way through earning fewer points because you get hit multiple times.

just done the 12th mission, i have gained 7 SSS ranks, the others i got SS.

weird though how you can get SSS on style and SS on time and still get SSS rank at the end but if you get SS on style and SSS on time you only get SS rank, this is with collectables at SSS already.

strange how that works.

Thats because you only need a certain amount of style points to get different ranks in style but it may not be enough to get you the overall SSS rank.

For example you may only need 100k style points for a SSS in style but you could get double that amount giving you the overall SSS rank.

Yet in the mission you got an SS in style it could be 70k to get SS and 100k for SSS. So if you got say 73k style points you only just got enough for a SS but not enough to get the overall SSS rank.

Apologies if that doesn't make sense its late and I'm tired.

I've got a question, I'm playing the game on Human beating it, then going back for collectables, do all your stats carry over for different game difficulties? Will everything I've done on Human carry over to Heaven and Hell difficulty?

It sounds like it will but I'm just confused on the whole thing. And yes I played the previous ones, just never any past 1 playthrough

I've got a question, I'm playing the game on Human beating it, then going back for collectables, do all your stats carry over for different game difficulties? Will everything I've done on Human carry over to Heaven and Hell difficulty?

It sounds like it will but I'm just confused on the whole thing. And yes I played the previous ones, just never any past 1 playthrough

Yes all of your items/stats/weapons/abilities carry over into other playthroughs. It has always been this way in DMC games.

Thats because you only need a certain amount of style points to get different ranks in style but it may not be enough to get you the overall SSS rank.

For example you may only need 100k style points for a SSS in style but you could get double that amount giving you the overall SSS rank.

Yet in the mission you got an SS in style it could be 70k to get SS and 100k for SSS. So if you got say 73k style points you only just got enough for a SS but not enough to get the overall SSS rank.

Apologies if that doesn't make sense its late and I'm tired.

do you know of a list anywhere of the missions that have the style points and times needed for the SSS ranks?

Hi - would it be easier to get higher scores (for SSS rank) if I get Super Dante first? At the moment, I've got SSS rank on the first 16 missions, currently working on the 17th (Furnace?). I read that you can unlock Super Dante with infinite Devil Trigger - may be it will be quicker if I unlock Super Dante first, and then go back to doing the SSS ranks?