mine craft xbox

branishere

That looks bad. Why dress it up with grass and water textures... it only points out how crap it looks. Minecraft's charm is in the basic visuals and nearly limitless gameplay. Also, apart from the crappy music, there's no indication of a survival mode and it has really bad looking build mechanics.

Surely it has to be somehow related to Mojang? If not, that has GOT to be the biggest rip-off ever. Try explaining to a court how Fortresscraft differs from Minecraft.

From what I Googled, it isn't made by Mojang, and is justified due to being on the 360 :S

Found this on what I believe is his site and typed by him at http://getsatisfaction.com/fortresscraft/topics/so_what_will_you_do_when_mojang_sues_you?utm_medium=widget&utm_source=widget_fortresscraft

Also, to add, Mojang only copyrighted the game itself and his code - not the concept. Therefore, since Fortresscraft is made of its own code, there's no way Mojang could rightfully sue this guy and win ... at least, I don't think they can. Concepts are really hard to justify as strictly one's own too.

I'm really honestly bemused by all the vitriol about 'copying minecraft'. You *DO* all know that Minecraft (creative) is a DIRECT copy of Infimininer? And that both of those games can clearly and directly trace their routes back to Roblox, Wurm Online, Voxlap, 3d Construction Kit.

Many of you seem to have come across Minecraft as the first game of this ilk. It's not, it's not even close, not by 20+ years.

Many of you have decided that I will be writing 'survival' mode, and having the Nether, and Creepers.

I'm not. There's a very very long thread that details what I *have* said I'd write. That's easy to find, it'll have pictures of minecarts in it ;)

And as this seems to be a pretty good place to make this clear, I'll do my best. But it's 2am and I've spent the last 5 hours answering messages instead of coding...

All games are inspired by other games. Minecraft inspired me...

...but not to clone it.

Minecraft inspired me, by way of it's Voxlap-style engine (see : Ken Silverman) to look at starting again on my Dwarf Fortress-type game, using a Minecraft-type engine. I gave up on that 18 months ago, but I've learned a lot in this time.

I can't imagine that ANY of you think that I could, pretty much single-handedly, write a Voxlap-style engine *and* game in SIX weeks, based on having no prior engine or code I could use?

Chapter 1 is a toy, an engine, a sandbox. Just like Minecraft Creative mode was.

Chapter 2 will start to introduce the game.

Regardless of that, there's no intellectual property I could be sued over for this. Notch has invented no new technology for this game. I'm not infringing his copyright or trademarks. He himself has said he's happy for clones and remakes and mods and tools.

Yet you see fit to berate me for doing what I love above all else, which is to make games. In your world, would you be happy with just 1 FPS game, and the devs of that game suing every other FPS game?

I wouldn't. What would make me happy is a hundred FPS games, each one designed for a different type of player, of personality.

In FortressCraft, there will be no creepers; and minecarts will work.

Edited by IDiivil

I believe getsatisfaction is a site where devs get a small page that people can ask them questions on or give them suggestions.

Mojang has one too.

I already don't like that guys attitude. Watching that video, FortressCraft IS a shitty ripoff of Minecraft. Minecraft's 16px blockiness gives it charm, but this looks terrible.

Also, to add, Mojang only copyrighted the game itself and his code - not the concept. Therefore, since Fortresscraft is made of its own code, there's no way Mojang could rightfully sue this guy and win ... at least, I don't think they can. Concepts are really hard to justify as strictly one's own too.

After watching the trailer, I reckon he could easily win, actually.

This looks like a carbon copy of Minecraft, even the player name tags are the same, not just an imitation.

I really hope this game bombs :/ Otherwise it's just going to encourage other indie developers to rip off each other for a quick buck. Minecraft is a great game, and there are rumors going around that Notch is thinking ov developing for other platforms. Hopefully this game doesn't put him off of the 360.

Typical, I buy Minecraft and then THIS shows up.

I'll probably get the trial to see how much it rips off Minecraft but I definatly wont be getting this, Minecraft is way more addictive and Fortresscraft doesnt have the same appeal as Minecraft does with its textures etc. Plus it looks very clunky on the Xbox, it wont flow as well as the PC version

I don't understand all the hate either. If game companies/individual indie developers sued each other over concepts, it would never end. Halo vs. Call of Duty, Gears of War vs. Vanquish, GTA vs. Saint's Row, etc. Most games share similar concepts; it's hard to avoid. I say wait until the game is released before you pounce on it. Give it a fair chance.

After that, if you feel that's it's just Minecraft with updated graphics, then hate away. Btw, I love Minecraft.