Another half decent game ruined by drifting

w4rh34d

ok so i have finally got to unlock the final race in league 2, avoiding all the stupid drift events.

after spending a good 2 hours getting all the protypes to realise i didnt need them but just needed a car that maxed out to league 2, im using the skyline r32.

and now im expected to get 1,000,000 points chain drift.

at best i have managed 250,000 after about 2 hours of the car spining round and clipping walls.

if i wanted to slide around like a prick allday i would have gone ice skating.

when i got this game i got it cause i like to race cars fast and mod them to go even faster.

I actually thought this game was underated at first but now i agree its worth a 5/6 10 at best purely because you have to do the drift bullshit to progress.

they ruined need for speed carbon with drift events in my opinion.

what do you guys think?

does anyone actually like drifting?

why did you buy the game if you dont like to drift???

IMO the game is great and i love the drifting in fact it is one of the best games i have played for a while

the 20 and 50 mill will be a real challenge but 5 was easy and the level 2 promotion is easy you must just be lacking in skill....or needing much practice..

the one bit of advice i can give you is IMO the best track and car to drift on ( i have not unlocked HIN elite yet so it may change )

the best track for sure is Snow widow i got 5 mill in league 5 ( 1 mill drift endurance ) and i used the 350Z my good freind has the 20 mill in the same race ( TMG 100 )

check his card he is a member of this site and he belives the 50 mill is his for the taking

if you wish PM me and send me a freinds request and i will try to help you on private chat but it really is quite easy as soon as you get the hang of it..

and IMO this game is a easy 8.5/10

if PGR4 is better i will be shocked but hears hoping as PGR3 was the biggest disapointment of the year

i did actually like the game but have never been a fan of drifting, guess i dont have the skill needed, although to get to league 2 i must have some skills? ;)

i will try again later but it makes me wanna throw the pad.

i can win most drift events but cant string them to save my life.

the racing is very easy in the most part and the key to linking the drifts is short tight turns if you miss the line from corner to corner.....as long as the car has loads of power the car will kick out and drift even if you stop as long as you use full lock.....also worth a note is speed as most people try to drift to fast keep it slow ( use the left trigger to keep the car in control )and see if you can snake the car on snow widow....you should be fine with a little practice and when you get it , it just clicks....and its mad fun..

keep at it

pts100

i enjoy the drifting in this game. it seems more realistic than in carbon. and you actually have to make sure you feather the throttle in this game because in nfs all you had to go was slide around all the corners. i never let off the gas in carbon and still got huge drifts but here you will hit a wall everytime if you dont feather the throttle. IMO a good solid 8.5/10

gone back to level 5, maxed my rx7 out, managed 652,000 this morning on snow widow.

I feel its just a matter of time now, do you think the rx 7 is the best car to get the million on level 5s challenge?

the rx7 is a good car but as i said i used the 350z and my pal tmg100 is using the 350z as well he has had 40 mill on snow widow level 5....so for me its the best car but thats only IMO...keep at it man

the rx7 is a good car but as i said i used the 350z and my pal tmg100 is using the 350z as well he has had 40 mill on snow widow level 5....so for me its the best car but thats only IMO...keep at it man

ill gief that one a try later on fella, thanks again.

I did the 50 mil, all it takes is a little skill and patience.

If you are having a hard time, practice practice practice.

Drifting is part of the game, don't bash the game cause you can't complete it. Anything is possible if you want it bad enough. Just keep trying.

i have really gotten the hang of the drifting in this game now. and as others have said the snow widow track is the best one to get big numbers on. i use the mazda rx-8 when drifting and it works really well. i havent gotten to the 5 mil mark but i have gotten the 1 mil drift endurance challenge for leaque 5. does anyone have any advice for the muscle car drifts. they drift completely different than the tuners.

to be honest its not the hard drifting that ruins this game, its the shoddy finish to it which is present from the many bugs people are finding ( personally my rental copy seems to crash all the time online ). Its also the shocking online matchmaking system that is constantly leaving you to search through every race to find matches only to find they've already started. Its also got a habit of crashing if anyone messages you as your loading up a game and during loading screens ( of which there are many ). Ill be very happy when i give this back to the rental shop today. Gief Pro Street already please

hey man i used the Pontiac gto for that lvl 2 drift challenge done it first time its easy to get drifts if when u change direction to go round a different corner use the hand break and break to slow ur self down if ur near the wall and move the analog stick to make ur self go round the corner u could get millions this way practice on snow widow add me if u want to give pointers :p

GT : Bigge Evil

always willing to help ^^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
ok so i have finally got to unlock the final race in league 2, avoiding all the stupid drift events.

after spending a good 2 hours getting all the protypes to realise i didnt need them but just needed a car that maxed out to league 2, im using the skyline r32.

and now im expected to get 1,000,000 points chain drift.

at best i have managed 250,000 after about 2 hours of the car spining round and clipping walls.

if i wanted to slide around like a prick allday i would have gone ice skating.

when i got this game i got it cause i like to race cars fast and mod them to go even faster.

I actually thought this game was underated at first but now i agree its worth a 5/6 10 at best purely because you have to do the drift bullshit to progress.

they ruined need for speed carbon with drift events in my opinion.

what do you guys think?

does anyone actually like drifting?

you cant get to league 5 with out drifting so yeah:confused:

• 4 weeks later...

ive never been good at driftin in the need for speed series on pc n i sucked at this at first too, but after sometime, when u learned how to handle it, it becomes SO easy.. so if thats possible i would help everyone with drifting if he needs some help, but dunno if its possible to log into another account and be already at the same stage as the original owner without tradin savegames or so?

Drifting is easy as hell. Dont be mad if ya cant do it. The best drifting in a game was in NFS underground 1.

I disagree, now with Grid...definitely say Grid is the best...plus the amount of smoke, graphics etc....cawwwwwwwwwwwwww:woop: