Rock Band 3 FAQ - Read before asking questions

Lonsta DaMonsta

The FAQ threads are where we need your help! What do you think are the most commonly asked questions about this game? Which threads keep popping up? What things do you wish you had been told when you first got this game?

Post in this thread and I'll edit the top post. Don't forget about Ctrl+F for a quick search/find within this thread.

Thanks for your help...

-------------------------------------------------------------

Rock Band 3 FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

-------------------------------------------------------------

I am doing what an achievement description asks me to do, but I haven't unlocked the achievement. Why not?

-- Some achievements require you to use a specific instrument even though it isn't stated in the achievement description. For example, The Perfect Drug must be completed on drums.

Can I use the Rock Band 3 PRO-Cymbals with a Rock Band 1 drum kit?

-- No. The kit was designed for RB2 & RB3 drum kits only and will not work with the original RB1 drums. (I FOUND THIS OUT THE HARD WAY)

How do I export my RB2 tracks onto RB3?

1. Go to "Get more Songs" from the main menu in RB3.

2. Select "Redeem Code"

3. Enter the code from the back of your RB2 manual and then Download.

(If you live in Europe, do the same as above, but only enter the first 16 characters of said code on the back of your RB2 manual to export the RB2 songs.)

How do I export my RB1 tracks onto RB3?

-- Launch the Rock Band 1 game. On the Main Menu, there should be an Export option to copy the tracks directly from the disc. You do not need a code, but you must purchase the export license for 400MSP.

I exported my songs from RB1/RB2 but some are missing. Why?

There are a few songs from each game that will not export. Here is the list from Rock Band's website:

RB1:

Songs that don't export to any other game:

"Enter Sandman" by Metallica

"Paranoid" as made famous by Black Sabbath

"Run to the Hills" as made famous by Iron Maiden

"Monsoon" by Tokio Hotel (from the European version of Rock Band)

Songs that don't export to RB3:

"Black Hole Sun" by Soundgarden

"Dani California" by Red Hot Chili Peppers

"Hier Kommt Alex" by Die Toten Hosen (from European version of Rock Band)

"Rock 'n' Roll Star" by Oasis (from European version of Rock Band)

RB2:

Songs that don't export to any other game:

"Let There Be Rock" by AC/DC

"Any Way You Want It" by Journey

"Battery" by Metallica

"Give It Away” by Red Hot Chili Peppers

“Spoonman” by Soundgarden

Nine Harmonix band songs, planned as free DLC in the very near future.

I'm trying to put an online band together and it keeps telling us, "No More Room for Guitarists" -- why is this?

Unfortunately there seems to be only room for two of the following: Guitar, Bass, and Keyboard. You can't have all three. I haven't heard a clear-cut answer on why this is yet, but I will update this FAQ as I find out more. The only thing I've heard so far is because of latency issues. However, the box states you can have 7 members online so we'll see how this unfolds...

Can I use RB1/RB2 Instruments with Rock Band 3?

-- Yes.

What instruments are required to be able to play Pro Mode?

-- A Pro Guitar (for guitar/bass)

-- A 3-Cymbal Kit for drums (you can add these cymbals on to an existing drum kit)

-- Any keyboard with MIDI support

Can I use my own MIDI keyboard/synth instead of the one that comes with the game?

-- Yes, but you must purchase the MIDI controller, priced at $40 USD.

Can I use my own MIDI drumset with the MIDI controller?

-- Yes.

Can I use my own MIDI guitar with the MIDI controller?

-- Not as of now. We'll see if there are some fancy adapters that will be released.

Is there a special icon for beating the Endless Setlist III on Expert?

-- No. :(

Are older RB1/RB2 songs compatible with Pro Mode?

-- Just the drums, so far.

Can I acquire the "Is This Just Fantasy" achievement online or does it have to be local play like the vocal achievements in The Beatles: RB?

-- You cannot acquire this with an online band, it must be done locally.

*Special thanks to SebastianSB for some of these answers*

Edited by Lonsta DaMonsta

How do I export my RB2 tracks onto RB3?

1. Go to "Get more Songs" from the main menu in RB3.

2. Select "Redeem Code"

3. Enter the code from the back of your RB2 manual and then Download.

I just tried this but the code is too long for the input box.

RockBand.com appears to be down at the moment. Does anyone have any other info?

What is the code on the back of the RB3 manual for?

Edit: Answered in another thread:

Daenius: If you live in Europe, do the same as above, but only enter the first 16 characters of said code on the back of your RB2 manual to export the RB2 songs.
Edited by DJ Satan UK

i went to redeem my code and it worked and took me to the next screen to select "rock band 2 export pack" I selected it and the purchase window tried to pop up and instead i got "cannot retrieve info from Xbox Live, please try again later".

how boned am i? Will i be able to come back later and try again?

You should be okay later. The Code has been used, but you can try going to Get More Songs->Redeem Code->Previously Redeemed Codes and you should be able to select it again and pay for it and download. If it doesn't show up there, try re-entering the code.

• 2 weeks later...

I just input the code from the RB2 manual and they're tryin to charge me 800MSP to export the RB2 songs for use in RB3. Is this right (and I don't mean morally/ethically cos that's a no)? I expected them to be free like the RB1-->RB2 export. Or is this just a case of gettin shafted for being a European gamer?

I just input the code from the RB2 manual and they're tryin to charge me 800MSP to export the RB2 songs for use in RB3. Is this right (and I don't mean morally/ethically cos that's a no)? I expected them to be free like the RB1-->RB2 export. Or is this just a case of gettin shafted for being a European gamer?

It's 800 MSP for everybody, and there's nothing morally nor ethically wrong with making a profit whatsoever. It's an add-on. Almost all add-ons cost money, period.

If it makes you feel any better about "gettin' shafted," the Rock Band import in the States was 400 MSP, while you got it for free.

Edited by mikachu93
MS -> MSP

• 2 weeks later...
Do guitar hero drums works on this game because when i have tried to play drums they haven't worked?

The drums work on GH:Metallica, GH:WOR and RB2 so it can't be the drums right?

IIRC, there should be a compatibility chart somewhere on RockBand.com that you could check. I don't remember where exactly, but it shouldn't be terribly difficult to find.

Does anyone know the songs required to unlock this achievement? I have played free songs : Charlene, Promised Land, Am I Crazy and another that I have forgotten it's name. So 4 free songs that I've found, but if anyone knows the answer it would be greatly appriciated. -Kage

Does anyone know the songs required to unlock this achievement? I have played free songs : Charlene, Promised Land, Am I Crazy and another that I have forgotten it's name. So 4 free songs that I've found, but if anyone knows the answer it would be greatly appriciated. -Kage

Check the achievement guide.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=270775

I forgot to post the DLC guide link in the main guide, since those descriptions were temporarily moved to accommodate the forthcoming 1000G Road Map. Click below if you couldn't managed to find it:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=278869

And there are 7 free songs that are available, but you only have to play the first 4 that were made free to download to unlock the achievement:

*Charlene

*Headphones On

*Still Alive

*Promised Land