Favorite Character?

Destro

Im curious, what is your favorite DOA char?

Personally mine is Ayane, but not because of ONLY her fighting style, but as an overalll. I like her story a lot, she is the bastard child of Raidou(first DOA boss) and Kasumi's mother, wich made her an outcast from the start. Then it could be understandbable why she hated Kasumi so much. She was a bastard from birth, even tough it was not her fault.... She is kind of a tragedy child in the story....

If you would ask me gameplay wise only... i love Ein(DOA4), Tina and Ayane... but i could never decide wich one was my best, but in term of story AND gameplay, i would say Ayane.... she connect to me(me being also a bastard child of some sorts LOL) and that cinematic in DOA 2 ultimate also was amazing to me, she step in front of Hayate to protect him even tough she know she has no chance...

i've been a big kasumi fan since day 1. after her, my favorites (in no specific order) are gen fu, ayane, and hayate.

as characters i've always been a fan of bass/tina, yet playing with them is always a miserable experience. some day i'm going to have to learn how to use them effectively.

Nice.

Rig fighting style is interesting indeed, the look is a bit meh(generic guy) but well not a bad character.

Mila seem like a welcome addition too, she looks good, nice costumes overall, but having MMA for her is a bit weird... not sure if they wanted to cash on Gina Carrano's popularity, but overall i would had seen more a guy use this... And its not like this serie need other women...

But i guess its what they are trying to do, more of a women fighters game... the guys are so shadowed exept Ryu and Hayate in this serie... its crazy.

Leon.... THE ONE CHARECTOR THE JERK OFFS LEFT OUT!, and that is literally the sole reason i will not purchase dead or alive 5 until they bring him back via dlc or something else otherwise their losing a what would be otherwise guaranteed customer...

They also left out Nicole - I loved Nicole! ;_;

They also left out Nicole - I loved Nicole! ;_;

Lol that Spartan publicity stunt... we knew she would not be back...

I guess the only left outs are Leon and Ein.. but Ein is Hayate... and him and Hitomi share pretty much the same move set... or nearly, so i guess its not too bad they left him out.

Lol that Spartan publicity stunt... we knew she would not be back...

I guess the only left outs are Leon and Ein.. but Ein is Hayate... and him and Hitomi share pretty much the same move set... or nearly, so i guess its not too bad they left him out.

Technically you could argue that they also left out Tengu and Raidou ;)

Technically you could argue that they also left out Tengu and Raidou ;)

Yeah but Tengu had no place in the story, he was just a bonus character in DOA4, i didn't even understand why they put him back as he was just the boss of the second game. On top of that, he is really looking dumb with his big nose and all :p But yeah he had a unique move set so well maybe it qualifies...

Raidou on the other hand was just in DOA1... as the boss, he never was again in a game...so he dosen't count. (im not counting cinematics)

Brad Wong definitely needs more love. Drunken fist kung-fu is one of the hardest styles to master and I hate how Story Mode just uses him as a worthless drunk and comic relief that doesn't help the story along at all.

Hayate is probably my silver medal here, he's evolved into a full-fledged male protagonist fairly well, although Kasumi obviously steals the spotlight a little bit here.

By far Mila's my favorite DOA character to ever come out of the series. I love how much of a dreamer they made her without making her just out for attention like Tina, I love her interactions with Tina and her tags/intro/win pose with Bass, and I love finally being able to truly use a style that I've done myself before since it helps me to better master the character.

Second is probably Eliot. Loved him in DOA4 and they just hit all the right notes with him in this one.