Fall 2012?

mgorsi

There is no way that RockStar releases this game in spring or summer, main reason being Max Payne 3. They don't want both games to compete with each other on the market. Also if the game was going to be out in 4-6 months, they would have market it a lot more, we only seen one trailer, and haven't heard anything else. Most likely the hype and release date will be announce at e3, and that will be the beginning of their marketing campaign.

So, Earliest possible release will be Fall 2012, or March, APril 2013. BUt most likely Fall 2012.

Rockstar Major game releases - (in terms of sales)

2012 - Max Payne 3- March

2011 - LA NOire - May

2010 - Red Dead Redemption - May

2008 - GTA 4 - April

Based on history it could be 2013, but since Max Payne 3 is coming in March instead of May, there is a possibility 6-7 months later GTA V comes out. MP3 will have enough time to get all the sales it needs, and 6 months later GTA V

Note- In 2008 Midnight Club came out about 6 months after GTA 4.

Fall 2012 big games- (in terms of Sales)

COD Black Ops 2

Halo 4

and nothing else, everything already came out this year, so most likely Fall 2012 is ideal.

What do you guys think? I can't wait for it.

How many discs will it be?? lol my guess is 5.

Edited by mgorsi

Releasing Grand Theft Auto 5 in Autumn/Winter 2012 would be a huge mistake from Rockstar.

The biggest XBOX 360 Game of the Year, every Year for several Years running has been the latest from the Call Of Duty Series and therefore releasing GTA V close to CoD in 2012 would see GTA get trounced in terms of sales Vs Call Of Duty. Rockstar haven't been working on Grand Theft Auto 5 for the last four Years for that to happen.

April/May 2012 is when history tells us GTA V will be released, just when most people are getting a little bored of Call Of Duty and the market isn't flooded with new Games like it usually is in Autumn/Winter.

My guess is they will do the same thing they did with GTA:IV. They will have a fall 2012 release date and then push it back to spring of 2013.

Either way it's right around the corner.

This would be my best guest, that time period would be the best time to launch but until it moves closer and Rockstar can gauge the competition it may be early 2013

• 1 month later...

Personally I'm still hoping and assuming it'll be an October date. The 'signs' in the trailer might not be hinting towards anything at all, but rather just pointing out that guy's birthday as a little in office joke that no one thought anyone else would notice. I'd prefer not having to wait 1 1/4 years for it to be out though, so maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part.

• 3 weeks later...