Enemies are tanking it -_-

JONBLEACH

Ok so im level 20 and Point lookout is the 1st dlc pack im trying out; out of the 5.

Im playing the game on Easy and im getting owned by the hick-like enemies with the shotguns.

ALSO what guns are good against them, my Ol' Painless (Hunting Rifle) pretty much isnt even denting them. So which guns are good for taking these duudes down with a few shots.

Which abilities and perks have you? Because that´s really important.

Point Lookout anyway it´s a hard place, maybe one of the hardest except Broke Steel last missions, but that´s because of quantity of enemies as well and weapons they carry while Point Lookout is hard because enemies are tough as hell.

The weapons is up to your abilities and which ones are you specializing. I´ve been around whit Sniper whit a sneak character and went fine (He uses Shotguns as well), but no problem whit my Big Guns/Explosive character or my Energy Weapons one.

Right now I cannot remember the exacts weapons I use, will have to look that. But I know the Ghouls Mask you can gain in Tenpenny Tower can be very useful for the radioactive armored ghouls (really tough guys). For the Mirelurks (the giant crabs) shotgun in the face. Besides this two the other ones that can be tricky are Swampfolks (the rednecks) and whit this avoid at all cost unless you really need to fight, then critical hidden hits will make lots of damage as well as Energy weapons (but don´t use if your not handy whit this).

Again, abilities you spend points and perks are crucial and without knowing them I can´t really help. Try to go for damage and multipliers as well as relying in VATS.

Yeah Point Lookout was a real bitch, except i beat it on very hard! i just used whatever weapon i had, I can't even tell you how much ammo, guns, armor, and stimpacks i went though! The laser minigun(can't remember the name at the moment) was one thing i used a lot until i ran out ammo. The Tribeam laser rifle and the Gauss rifle help a lot as well.

Ya the most tough enemy would have to me the Ghoul Reaver thing.

I used to be wearing my power armor helmet but now i cant equip helmets cause i have a huge scar on my head ???

Um Point lookout is the 1st of the 5 dlc im starting so i wont have any of the guns from the other dlcs.

The guns i have now:

Lever action rifle

sniper rifle

double barrel shotgun

chinese assault rifle

and thats about it ^^

A3-21's Plasma Rifle

Sidney's "Ultra" 10MM SMG

Vengeance

Blackhawk (use sparingly for sneak attacks as its condition degrades quickly)

Those are pretty much all I used. I saved Vengeance for the reavers, if I had to fight them. The best piece of equipment you can take to Point Lookout, however, is the Ghoul Mask. The ghouls there are in flocks and if you insist on killing them, it's much easier to take them down if you're able to sneak attack the reavers to reduce their health to near nothing before they attack you. I usually don't even mess with them. It's also nice to use the ghouls as allies against the "hicks", as they're usually in close proximity to one another and you can take the fight with the locals into an area with ghouls if you're struggling.

The Backwater Rifle and Lincoln's Repeater are also solid weapons, but the others I mentioned are much more effective, especially when your action points are low.

Edited by Stewie Griffin2

If you get the DLC Operation: Anchorage then you can get a Chinese Stealth suit. if you have your sneak and unarmed levelled up, whip on a Deathclaw Guantlet and sneak crit everything. I can one hit Deathclaws on very hard every goddam time.

If not then the A3-21 Plasma Rifle is your best bet (gotten from the quest Replicated Man in Rivet City if you side with the android).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

If you are genuinely struggling with the Point lookout dlc just wait until you hit lvl 20 and come back with 'Grim reapers sprint' just Vats focus on one enemy, blow their head off ( having 'sniper' and 'commando' perks will be super helpful) get your ap back and repeat to clear each area.

It really isn't That hard, I found mothership zeta and broken steel to be the hardest of the five. Operation anchorage and the Pitt are laughably easy ( if you have all the dlc, go to the Pitt first to get access to the ammo press, then do anchorage to get the +1 to all your SPECIAL stats.) while point lookout is somewhere in between, since enemies don't do much damage to you ( with the exception of DB Shotguns and Reavers) they just have stupid health stats. Easily remedied by pouring skill points into small guns.