Great Legend has video proof of the patch not working!

rdowdy95

Hey guys! Great Legend Shemp Howard here and in the 3rd Episode of The Great Legend Show we take a look at the brand new patch for Ghostbusters by Terminal Reality. I show you how a gamer with 980/1000 pre-patch gamerscore does not get the achievement!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9tfEHOCApU]Who You Gonna Call? (Part 1 of 2)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmMYB5St91w]Who You Gonna Call? (Part 2 of 2)[/ame]

Enjoy and don't forget to subscribe!

Edited by rdowdy95

I know what you feel dude, I experienced exactly the same...

I'm sure TR know they've messed up. They only have tested their patch on a fresh new account. Now the question is, will they release another patch for gamers like us, I mean people who are stuck with 980G?

Edited by amacteur

Patch not working for people who already played through the game, yes.

But it does work for those who waited or didn't get it yet for whatever reason.

Terminal Reality still messed up, but not for everyone. Though, I am going to say that probably 90% of the people playing this post patch are those who already did stuff. So that was dumb on their part for not making it retroactive.

Great videos Shemp!

Although watching them has raised a few questions for me. I have 930G on the game & I have not played the online side of the game too much.

Early on in your first video, I notice the game asks you to select your storage device. Now if I was to insert a memory card, there would be no saved data as when I played the game, it was from my hard drive right?

Therefore, would that class as me starting the game from scratch or do you still think it would pick up my xbox LIVE stats?

I don't have the game right now so can't really test this 'theory' if you can even call it that! Just thinking out loud here really...

Great videos Shemp!

Although watching them has raised a few questions for me. I have 930G on the game & I have not played the online side of the game too much.

Early on in your first video, I notice the game asks you to select your storage device. Now if I was to insert a memory card, there would be no saved data as when I played the game, it was from my hard drive right?

Therefore, would that class as me starting the game from scratch or do you still think it would pick up my xbox LIVE stats?

I don't have the game right now so can't really test this 'theory' if you can even call it that! Just thinking out loud here really...

If you have played online, your stats are stored on the servers. No amount of deleting your saves/changing your save location will change that. They need to reset the servers.

If you have played online, your stats are stored on the servers. No amount of deleting your saves/changing your save location will change that. They need to reset the servers.

I thought as much. Just wish there was a solution for this really.

I have 930G & I may rent this game later on in the week and get some more achievements but I know I'm just gonna end up with 980G like a lot of other people on here.

I do wonder if it's worth it but at the same time, I do enjoy playing the game.

Thanks for watching the videos guys! I actually enjoy Ghostbusters, and that was the first ever commentary I have ever done for the game. I had lots of fun even though I was guessing it wouldn't unlock! I am going to try for Payday! next.

I will use a guide by Mecha Richter off of TrueAchievements.com and get my partner trained up on it and I will try to complete those 4 campaigns with getting 1st place.

I will try to get it filmed or maybe not...Not sure yet, but I will let you guys know on these forums. Remember I already have 980/1000, but I know I have never came in first on any of the campaigns before so I know I should be all good as far as that goes. Who knows...If I do unlock Payday and get 990 maybe I can go back through and cap one Most Wanted Ghost and see if it unlocks...So many variables.

I do however think TR found their screwup. They are just being quiet about it till they get some concrete stuff on what they want to do via it be a new patch or a multiplayer server reset for us gamers that already have some of the requirements.

Thanks for posting the links here too, I've been banned from TRI's forum so was looking around for the links. Will watch these when I get home.

Damn Ace that is fucked up man! I can't believe they didn't answer you when you wrote your last message saying they didn't mention you when you have been on the forefront for 1.5 years bringing the news to their attention and to the gamer's attention.

With you being banned (you being the pioneer) either they banned you because you were getting upset on thier forums (which you had every right to be), or they may just not fix the problem at all...Damn that would suck. Any information that is big I will post here, trueachievements, and Terminal Reality of course. Tell us more about the ban dude.

As soon as I uploaded the patch and played my first online campaign I got the last two ghosts. I played the hell out of this game. Just missing 4 achievements but before I do 3 of them I'm gonna see if I can try and get "Pay Day" to unlock. Of cousre The game to my favorite thing in the world would have my very first glitched achievements. lol

What? Are you serious mate?

Why have you been banned from their forums?

I was banned also...it seems that anyone posting any truth on their forums has been silenced...stupid mother fuckers >.<

Also nice vids man i was roflmao the whole time

Oh so not just me then, I thought it might have been I mentioned Facebook group and they might not have realised until that point who I was.

So much for listening and being informative. "We're listening, but if you don't say what we want to here, instant permaban".

Petty, just petty. There's me thinking TRI had changed.... nope, same old.

Fight the good fight people, REMEMBER, PS3 needs Payday fixed too! Please make sure you stress that, as well as the other glitched achievements on Xbox, since they are shutting me out, it's upto you people to keep reiterating this to them.

Also that this issue affects existing gamertags, and not new gamertags, don't let them tell you it's fine, look people are getting them now, that's the BS they told the PS3 gamers, don't accept it if they try that!.

Shemp (or anyone else), if they post any official statement in their forum, can you repost here for those of us they've decided to ban.

Hey Shemp, watching your vid now, and I've just remembered something! New post/poll coming...

Edited by AceMcCloud

Mr Ace there is always ways of getting you back on that board, if you wanna know just pm me.

Oh I know how to get around it if I wanted to, but what's the point? They'll just delete the posts and ban again, or shut down the forum. It won't help anyone, besides plenty of others who I'm sure have listened to me, understand what I'm saying and will reiterate it to Terminal Reality on my/our behalf. I've given them all the help and support I can to fix this for the community, they just don't want to listen to me, or others it seems (someone else got banned too).

Hopefully they'll listen... although they're doing a good job of trying not to, while appearing to be... slightly...

Much better forums for the community anyway, those forums appear to be strictly for TRI "fanboys", unless your post is "I love Terminal Reality with all my heart and soul" with nothing constructive, informative or requiring a proper support answer, it's deleted and banned. I can see that forum dying pretty quickly if their QA team don't learn from their mistakes with Ghostbusters.

I've tried not to take it personally, but this is the last straw, as much as I like Star Wars, I'm not touching their Kinect game, I realise I'm one person, one sale and they couldn't care less, but their attitude and communication to the community is extremely poor and I don't trust them. I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt (for 18 months), but their actions speak for themselves.

I'm said to say that I really hope LucasArts pulls the Star Wars license away from TRI and gives it to someone else, and TRI never touch another IP that I have ever enjoyed.

Though, I do realise, I'm being very general about the staff, perhaps some of them realise all this, and quietly wonder just what the community facing staff and decision makers are thinking with their actions, although I get the impression they don't care one way or the other. I can only speak from my experience of dealing with the company, and that's what my feelings are based on of course.

It's all great shame, because what there is of Ghostbusters: The Video Game is a masterpiece of IP, movie-licensed game code and you don't see that often (Goldeneye), if only the last 18 months (and beyond) could of been different... no glitches, no problems, and even some DLC.... maybe we'd be getting a proper sequel... well would of been nice if it had turned out that way.

Hey Habs...No worries I will. I just had posted that, but I know now with Ace getting banned...I will need to get on there more often. I check that forum every day so I am just trying to give them some time to post something back.

I am very busy at the moment. DANG Christmas coming up. I got one kid shopped for and the wife shopped for. The little 2yr old of mine I will let the wife handle his stuff.

Yeah anyways I will be checking on this everyday to see what is going on.

Also me and Xentaria will be working soon to make sure each of us do everything for Payday! He is the only guy I will want to attempt that stuff on using Mecha's guide. Protecting those towers is easy with what me and Xen do.

I might also do a video for Payday as well...Not sure yet because it may be too long of a video. I can put my final campaign on there, but I just don't know. See me and Xen were going to try to unlock that one and if it does unlock then we were going to go back and try to unlock a most wanted ghost to see if that pops. Doubt it, but might as well finish it off. That way if they do a retroactive patch both cheevos will unlock after I load multiplayer hopefully.

Also have this big video of stuff my cousin is selling on eBay coming soon! It will be in Episode 4 of The Great Legend Show...There is a little snippet about Ghostbusters the game on that show as well. My cousin shows off the game.