Sentinel nerfed

Apperently alot of people on eventhubs.com have done some testing. And they found that 920k+ combo's outright kill Sentinel now. :eek:

So it looks like they reduced his HP from 1,300,000 to 900,000.. Which is the same as Dante, Deadpool Spidey and C.Viper. Its thats true, thats a HUGE change. Hopefully it will balance him out. :drunk

EDIT: i just did some simple tests, and he definately has less health now.. From the looks of it. He now has same health as Deadpool, Dante, C.Viper etc (900,000)

Edited by Deadly Moves

http://shoryuken.com/content/marvel-vs-capcom-3-adjustment-patch-3973/

All over the fighting websites today... still don't know how i feel about this. Happy and sad at the same time, happy i wont see everyone using him every single fight but he was still able to be dealt with so a little sad he has ... c.viper health

Edit - Spencer corner loop gone too forgot to be mentioned.

http://shoryuken.com/content/marvel-vs-capcom-3-adjustment-patch-3973/

All over the fighting websites today... still don't know how i feel about this. Happy and sad at the same time, happy i wont see everyone using him every single fight but he was still able to be dealt with so a little sad he has ... c.viper health

Edit - Spencer corner loop gone too forgot to be mentioned.

Christ.. thanks for that info man. I just got home from an offline session and noticed an update popped up while i was there at my mates but i never clocked onto why i felt that Sentinel was getting murdered kinda quickly by my largest Tron combo.. this is just too funny.

I wonder whats next..

They shouldnt have nerfed him at all. Balancing characters through patches just feels so wrong to me. Fighting games shouldnt be patched except for major bugs (see Zeros shadow snapback)/unintentional infinites or something just completely off the wall. People are going to start complaining about Hulk now since he has the highest health/high damage/armored moves and he'll probably be nerfed.

Hulk is quick as hell hopefully an update doesn't slow him down. Speed n power make him deadly.

Hulk is nothing like Sentinel. Its not like he has a load of match-up frustrating attacks compared to Sentinel either, so i don't see the character getting nerfed for any reason. However, if he did, this only shows how stupid most people are in general that they complain about anything and everything they *choose* not to handle.

"i can't beat Sentinel.. Wahhhh!!!!" *dodges incoming toys thrown from pram*

Sentinel being nerfed to that degree was unescessary, if anything they should have capped the health reduction at 1,000,000 maximum, then if you still can't learn to deal consistent enough damage strategically to get rid of him then thats not anyones fault but their own. Thor still has the most HP out of everyone and hits even harder than Hulk does when he gets hold of you from even mid-screen plus hes more offensive than hulk is regardless of his speed (don't even get me started on just how much damage dealing potential he possesses, its not like Hulk has a command grab that allows him to deal at minimum 600k damage on his own, regardless of his position on the field) yet people don't take the time out to learn and apply things like that.

I don't think you will see as less of Sentinel than people would think, because if you are truly good with that character then your total health won't matter, you'll still be dealing fools the same damage you dealt pre-patch and people will still input the secret code that makes them think they won the minute a Sentinel player Rocket Punches their random ass off a canvas.

All the other shit getting nerfed like Akuma's air-Tatsu causing significantly more hit-stun decay, well, to be honest, i have never seen anyone do or attempt this on me so i can't say i'm going to miss it and i use Akuma also but i didn't see the point in learning to apply that in my game. Cap's infinite is also still in apparently (but i don't think it will be for long) and theres still other stuff that even Seth Killian pointed out that players have not discovered yet that were intentionally left in the game (although the same can be said for them of what the players have found).

910k is way too little health for a massive robot like sent. Hes got the same health as dante (maybe slightly under).

Imagine zangief having the same health as Sakura or something cuz thats what it seems like. Its cool that they reduced his health from 1,300,000 which was alot but im sure thor's health is 1,200,000 or something. Taking it down to that little is a joke theres no point using him now. He was really for new people. You look at all the top tournaments not many people use him at all and they know exactly how to deal with sent as it is...

Pretty stupid

Least he's not as weak as Phoenix... i'm not going to lie.. she drops like a fly

Good so I'm not the only one wondering why she was even put in the game to start with.

My friends play with Sentinel - but they were the ones to noticed the change in his health before I did.

Uh, this patch was a good patch. Sentinel needed those nerfs. Who still has the most hyper armor moves, great air ability, great assists, combos your sister could do, a command grab that combos, can combo from his spamming laser move into supers full screen and not to mention he gets the damage of hulk with a major speed boost in x-factor. Your telling me that this character needed the most health in the game? He could hit me once and I'm dead while I had to get to him 2-3 times with huge combos to kill him. He was definitely too strong, and today when you can patch things, why not if it makes the game better? The only thing capcom should worry about is messing with combos. Its cool for damage upgrades (sent got a damage upgrade) and decreasing health, but if it messes with combos that's another thing.

And for the love of my sanity you should not bolster phoenix. I don't know who you guys have been playing but phoenix is only good for dark phoenix, but when your are playing a dark phoenix on lvl 3 x-factor, good luck winning, my god its nigh impossible.

Lastly, I don't know who doesn't want patches, but you need to get out of the dark ages. Do you want 5 copies of MvC 3 before they finally get the balance right? And don't say its marvel its supposed to be broken. Yeah, thats great, so 10 years later I can only play with my top tier team from the sheer amount of broken things found in the game. No one wants that unless you are living for nostalgia. I for one am happy if the balances are justified and they help some characters stand a chance. In this case, the nerfing of sentinel was completely valid and I think will make the game a little bit better.

Edited by ShinobiRain

Uh, this patch was a good patch. Sentinel needed those nerfs.

A giant robot (biggest playable character in the game) needed his health going from 1,300,000 to 910,000? That makes sense for the biggest character to have nearly the least health does it?

He HAD a great assist but now he's just gonna get killed too easy. They did the exact same with Sagat in SF4 > SSF4. Fair enough they need to tone them down A LITTLE BIT but making them unplayabable? You can say he's got great air ability or whatever but he gets hit easier cuz he's massive.

If they are going to reduce his health they might aswell reduce hulk, she-hulk, haggar's health aswell no?

Right, i like the health nerfing now.. the extent of it is still unnecessary but it has given me one lol i'm not gonna forget for a while.

I just played a player match and killed a Sentinel (on point) and a Taskmaster assist in only one combo starting from jumping S (first attack i even launched in the match). Both characters from max health.. to dead.. no X-fagter.

The abuse in my inbox just now was absolutely magical..

Thank you Capcom, for displaying that you really don't understand what your doing with these games any more. But its ok, i forgive you cos one clap on Sentinels head and he is as good as spare bolts and this entertains me greatly.. great times ahead..

Sagat is completely playable in SSF4, the same people who left him are the same people that will leave sentinel now. That being said, he did need his health to go down. He was the highest hp tier in the game before, even with all the offensive weapons I included in my post. He might be the biggest, but he also hyper armor on stuff and can combo you across screen with either normals or specials. Just the risk/reward of trying to get in on him is so lopsided that you make one mistake and there goes your entire bar. It might not make sense from him to have the least health, but if you want to get technical, sentinels are just crappy robots which get killed easily by the main characters in X-men all the time. So does it make sense from him to be top tier in the game? Not really. They just made him so good that now the only choice is to reduce his moveset potential by damage reduction or property changes, or nerf his HP.

Also, if you get hit using an assist, that is your fault. You could call that stuff out anytime before and have Sent's HP absorb the blow if you get supered. Now, you actually have to be careful and plan what you are going to do. And those drones still work wonders in mix up mind games.

And those other characters you mentioned shouldn't have any of their stuff reduced, as they are either slow, don't do ridiculous damage, or are punishable for a majority of their moves. For instance, any hulk that tries launching me too close while I'm blocking will eat a full combo. Or one that does that meteor smash super for no reason.

Edited by ShinobiRain

Fair enough they need to tone them down A LITTLE BIT but making them unplayabable?

This is so wrong in so many levels.Just because Sent now has less health doesnt mean that he is not valid character choice anymore.It just means that ppl who play him have to actually think now how to play him.

Now if they made Dante suck more or harder to play so I dont have to play against the never ending army of bad Dantes.

Uh, this patch was a good patch. Sentinel needed those nerfs. Who still has the most hyper armor moves, great air ability, great assists, combos your sister could do, a command grab that combos, can combo from his spamming laser move into supers full screen and not to mention he gets the damage of hulk with a major speed boost in x-factor. Your telling me that this character needed the most health in the game? He could hit me once and I'm dead while I had to get to him 2-3 times with huge combos to kill him. He was definitely too strong, and today when you can patch things, why not if it makes the game better? The only thing capcom should worry about is messing with combos. Its cool for damage upgrades (sent got a damage upgrade) and decreasing health, but if it messes with combos that's another thing.

And for the love of my sanity you should not bolster phoenix. I don't know who you guys have been playing but phoenix is only good for dark phoenix, but when your are playing a dark phoenix on lvl 3 x-factor, good luck winning, my god its nigh impossible.

Lastly, I don't know who doesn't want patches, but you need to get out of the dark ages. Do you want 5 copies of MvC 3 before they finally get the balance right? And don't say its marvel its supposed to be broken. Yeah, thats great, so 10 years later I can only play with my top tier team from the sheer amount of broken things found in the game. No one wants that unless you are living for nostalgia. I for one am happy if the balances are justified and they help some characters stand a chance. In this case, the nerfing of sentinel was completely valid and I think will make the game a little bit better.

Yes I want to live in the dark ages where people learned to play "bad" characters and still turned them into tier breakers. Sent wasnt a problem for anyone who knew what they were doing. Dont forget MvC2 changed about halfway through its lifespan without patches but more by discovery of what characters could do. People are really varying their teams now anyway. If I remember right there wasnt a single Sent in the top 4 at winter brawl (I may be mistaken as my memory is terrible).