Spartan Ops Unbearable Lag?

Grohlvana

So every single SO game I play, there's some form of lag, and usually it's unbearable. Like a full second delay of pressing a button to actually carrying out that action.

I haven't seen many threads on it, actually none at all (but I haven't been looking often), so am I the only one experiencing this?

Multiplayer is totally fine, it's just SO that gives me terrible, terrible lag.

Yeah, I get this too. The campaign/spartan ops netcode isn't the greatest, so if the host (or you) has anything less than great internet, or there's a good distance between the two of you, you'll experience button lag.

I really wish they'd use the multiplayer netcode. Sure we'd get some teleporting elites occasionally, but at least it would be playable.

The vast majority of Spartan Ops missions i've done online have had lag.

Out of all of them I think i've had 2 or 3 that felt absolutely perfect (with some games being noticable but bearable). On average though a lot missions have just been painful to playthrough - particularly when you can't even move like you want to while Elites are running circles round you and aim assist plays tricks on you.

Going from that to playing Solo is SUCH a relief! Boy I miss having a "good connection" search option. That really helped when playing Firefight in Reach, and this game really does need it too.

Edited by Kahn13

Weird if it is because the host shouldn't get lag being the host an all.

I wish this was the case. Was playing ops last night with a bud and hosting myself I was feeling it. Every time my own screen stuttered, he'd get a "losing connection in 15 seconds" countdown. He never actually lost connection but damn if that didn't happen constantly through all 5 chapters. It was maddening.

The SO was a little laggy at the beginning which is to be expected, no different than any co-op. But over the last two weeks it's been getting increasingly unstable, this week was borderline unplayable.

One more achievement and then I'll be glad to uninstall this bugger. Think I'm done with it.

I wish this was the case. Was playing ops last night with a bud and hosting myself I was feeling it. Every time my own screen stuttered, he'd get a "losing connection in 15 seconds" countdown. He never actually lost connection but damn if that didn't happen constantly through all 5 chapters. It was maddening.

The SO was a little laggy at the beginning which is to be expected, no different than any co-op. But over the last two weeks it's been getting increasingly unstable, this week was borderline unplayable.

One more achievement and then I'll be glad to uninstall this bugger. Think I'm done with it.

I'm with you, I don't see why they didn't give it a bit more support. But all they really care about is Matchmaking.

I'm with you, I don't see why they didn't give it a bit more support. But all they really care about is Matchmaking.

Matchmaking is a bit better but still find myself and others either skating or teleporting all over.

Most games of Spartan Ops I've had no lag at all. Halo Reach was worse. Might be that my connection is wired. 15 meter cable to the modem + brand new router to the Xbox :)

Lucky. Reach I never experienced any lag at all, MP, co-op campaign or Firefight. At least nothing like this. Only the slight latency you experience sometimes in any MP game. I'm playing on the same setup, rig and router now I used with Reach.

• 1 month later...

This is starting to happen to me, every single damn game. It only began recently, other times it would be at least playable and not every game would be laggy.

Now today, after the LIVE issues were 'resolved,' I began playing Halo 4 SO only to run in to laggy game after laggy game. What the actual shit is going on here?

Like, it never used to lag this bad before in public matchmaking for SO. I've reset everything so it's not me, I've tested my connection and it's the same it's always been. Just fine.

Is it just me or is every single game laggy now? Have I just hit a laggy game/terrible host spree? Please help! :(

• 2 months later...

The Spartan Ops lag is something that 343i understood was going to be a problem, but had to release anyways. There may have been another way to do it, but we were going to have either lag or unregistered shots. 343i decided to take the lag.

I tried to explain it in a post we made: http://www.halo4clan.com/article/Halo+4+Lagging%3A+Why+does+Spartan+Ops+lag%3F

• 1 year later...