Broly and Survival

Hi there. Lately I've been getting into Burst Limit's Survival mode (and getting my ass thoroughly kicked, of course) and I noticed on the leaderboards that a huge number of the top people used Broly. Could someone explain what's special about Broly for him to be that popular? Also some tips from those who have completed Survival would be sweet : )

Thanks.

[Edit]: Managed to finally beat Default Survival today using Broly. On to Custom : )

My main attack combo: -> + Y (smash) followed immediately by a Heavy Smash and then the <- + B (Gigantic Press) move at full charge. Can't go wrong with that combo. The computer never dodged the Heavy Smash and very rarely (during the 70+ range) were able to teleport away from Gigantic Press. They can't block it like they'd normally be able to since they're stunned by the Heavy Smash.

[Edit 2]: Beat Custom Survival today using Broly with the aforementioned combo. One attempt : D Had a couple of close calls, but those were simply me being careless and too complacent when it looked like I had basically won the match. If there's one thing I've learned from playing Burst Limit Survival, it's that it's never over until it's over.

Good luck to everyone else still trying.

Edited by DDShadow88

Thanks a lot for the tips man... I've gotten knocked out in the 80's a couple of times using Vegeta and have been too frustrated to pick it back up, but I am going to give your strategy a try this week. Hopefully I can pull it off, and if not maybe I'll bug you for some more advice!

I've been knocked out multiple times in the 70's, my Heavy Smash gets dodged too often... maybe I'm just not quick enough eh? :(

When you hit the opponent with the -> + Y smash attack, you have a split second where they're stunned and your Heavy Smash is undodgeable. As soon as Broly's smash move hits the enemy, press RT + Y to Heavy Smash (press them as soon as the move hits the opponent, not after it's finished), then immediately press <- + B while the Heavy Smash animation is still on-screen. Unless I was extraordinarily lucky to not have 200 opponents manage to dodge my Heavy Smashes even once, you need to be quick with the button presses, taking advantage of stun frames is key.

For Broly's -> + Y smash attack, to be clear, only the first hit is used in my combo. There are a few follow up strikes (if you continue pressing Y) where Broly stomps the enemy into the ground or something, those aren't used.

[Edit]: And to be even clearer, the -> + Y smash move must be performed when Broly is standing still.

Edited by DDShadow88

Thanks for the advice... I've now made it in to the 90's a couple of times, but if I mess up one combination it usually is enough for them to finish me with an endless stream of attacks!

Are you fully charging the ->+Y attack? I've been doing that, but not sure if that is the best strategy, as sometimes they can attack me when I'm charging it up. Also, I found that going into aura spark when available helped me out a lot, would you advise using it or not?

Thanks for the advice... I've now made it in to the 90's a couple of times, but if I mess up one combination it usually is enough for them to finish me with an endless stream of attacks!

Are you fully charging the ->+Y attack? I've been doing that, but not sure if that is the best strategy, as sometimes they can attack me when I'm charging it up. Also, I found that going into aura spark when available helped me out a lot, would you advise using it or not?

For the smash attack, I always fully charge it. Yeah, as you get into the 70+ range, enemies will begin to occassionally try and interrupt the charge, but as someone else in this forum has mentioned before, the computer will typically guard when you're charging a smash attack since it's unsure when you will release it. If they do attack while you're charging it up, be prepared to teleport and evade then reposition yourself to try again. Making use of the RT + B force-field thing is very useful if an enemy manages to get you into a combo.

As for Aura Spark, I personally didn't use it, but if you're finding it helpful, by all means use it. Ki isn't really utilised with my strategy, Ultimates and Super attacks are never used, so there's plenty to make use of there.

Another very important point, if the opponent has a full Ki gauge (will happen if you don't lock them into Broly's combo until they're dead) and they're at a great distance, do not rush straight at them. Close in on them slowly and side step constantly. If you rush headlong, they will use their Ultimate on you, guaranteed.

Edited by DDShadow88

• 2 months later...

This is exactly what I was thinking for survival..because even if the enemy goes to use the aura to push you away the gigantic press isn't affected. I am gonna try this all the way next time..I made it up to 50 easily and have made it up to around 84 with vegeta..But this strat is solid considering Broly has perfect drama pieces as well as techniques..I would think of using Torrent of Ki, Protection 1 and senzu bean..what did you end up using?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sup folks. I plan on uploading a video of the Broly combo to Youtube just as soon as I get my capture card. I'll also include demonstrations on how to deal with opponents that try to counter it and some tips for the 70+ brackets. Hopefully that will help out some people who are still struggling with this thing.

• 3 months later...
Sup folks. I plan on uploading a video of the Broly combo to Youtube just as soon as I get my capture card. I'll also include demonstrations on how to deal with opponents that try to counter it and some tips for the 70+ brackets. Hopefully that will help out some people who are still struggling with this thing.

Nice be looking out for this =]

• 1 month later...
AAAAAA!!!! I came to 91 and little Gohan bitch kicked my ass!

My advice is for that and for all the other "small" characters in the game. When using Broly never do the heavy smash against them unless flying cos it will completely miss. Do -> + Y (smash) and then do RT + <- + B (Gigantic Press) this still does major damage. Thanks for the tips DDShadow88 completed Default last night. And ranked 23 lol. It is doable, but if you fight Androids 17/18 in the 90s then will spam you with Ki blasts. Use Aura Spark and you should be fine. If they use Aura Spark, block until they finish. As they will spam, spam, spam. Gonna go for custom today.

• 2 weeks later...
Getting the game very soon. Survival easier then Dead or Alive 4's survival? Friend also told me Broly is a good pick for this, though would rather complete it with a different character.

I've also tested Android 18 and Trunks with the "Broly Combo" and they both work just as well, though their smashes don't damage as much as Broly's from what I can tell. Android 18 especially is awesome, because her -> + Y smash attack leaps a huge distance, allowing you to stay nicely out of the CPU's melee range while you're charging it up.

I've never played Dead or Alive 4's Survival, so no idea how it measures up to BL's Survival, difficulty wise.

Mine always missed against Krillin/Saibamen. Maybe they were playing nice against you.

Are you sure the Heavy Smashes were 'missing' or being 'dodged'? There is a distinction there. If you don't have the enemy CPU in stun frames, they will dodge the Heavy Smash, especially in the 70+ range.

Dreading the day I go for these survival achievements, that's why I'm saving them for the last once I get Z Rank on all Z Chronicle stages under Z difficulty. I'm hoping once I have all the other achievements outside of Survival that I will be better prepared for it from a gameplay perspective.

I've used Broly in Z Chronicle mode and I simply do NOT like him. He's awkwardly big and it's difficult even hitting smaller fighters such as Kid Gohan, Krillin, and Saibamen. His 1st Ultimate requires you to be close to your opponent to do fair damage and his 2nd Ultimate is far to weak for my taste. Maybe it's because I'm not charging it enough but I know I need to give him a second try because I really only used him during his saga. I've always personally preferred Vegeta, Final Flash FTW but I'm still learning the game as far as "smarter A.I" is concerned.

I've completed the Survival Achievements for Dead or Alive 4 and they only took me several days of trying and using overpowered Hayate. It really wasn't all that bad, for me anyway. But THIS will be much worse I fear. Getting all the way into the 90's only to get KO'ed and have 2 hours of work poured down the drain. How daunting. I hate the fact that there's a loading screen(short though) between each win too which makes this even more time consuming.

Anyways, I'll come back here once I have everything else done(100% Drama Pieces, All Z Ranks, etc.) Maybe I'll have a more optimistic view of Survival Mode once I return. One hopes! :)

EDIT: Very helpful Broly method DD Shadow. I know my original post sorta took a stab at him but once you get the controls down you see how useful he can truly be. The :dright:+:ybut:(charged) move then cancel immediately into your Smash(:rtbut:+:ybut:) leaves the CPU wide open. Following up with :dleft:+:bbut:(Gigantic Press) makes for a great combination. May I add that once you have the CPU teetering from the Smash to charge the Gigantic Press whilst holding down :rtbut: as well which makes the combo even more rewarding. When holding down RT performing any Ki-blast type move it will make it Unblockable and Undodgeable so even if the CPU tries to guard it will still inflict damage. Only worry is them teleporting away from it or grabbing you while you try and hit certain moves.

Every fight is trivial until you reach the 70's this is where the CPU become offensive machines, particularly during Aura Spark so play defensively and wait for the Aura Spark to run out before activating yours and finishing them off. It's not as easy as you may think with the combo so it may take some experimenting until you figure out the A.I once you get into the 70-90's.

I wanted to use Vegeta in Survival because he's my favorite character from the anime but I think Broly may be a bit easier in tackling 100 straight wins in Survival. If you prefer Vegeta I say spam Final Flash, it's clearly broken and has so much range it's the perfect Ultimate. Try to stay defensive while you wait for your Ki to replenish then let out another Final Flash until they're dead. I will return with any extra info for Survival Mode if need it be. Thanks everyone.

Edited by FeLizP

Are you sure the Heavy Smashes were 'missing' or being 'dodged'? There is a distinction there. If you don't have the enemy CPU in stun frames, they will dodge the Heavy Smash, especially in the 70+ range.

They missed. They were stunned and Broly's fist just misses their head. It doesn't matter anyway because I have done them. It always happened when I faced them two. It was a pain in +70 range. But I just changed your technique to fit them two. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Just completed both Default and Custom Survival Modes with 100 wins using some methods mentioned by the original post and some learning experiences from losing here and there. I thought I may share some of the techniques I used for those that are still having trouble with Burst Limit's survival mode. I will pretty much state what has already been stated by previous posts above mine but I will go into greater detail. Just make sure you choose Broly's Gigantic Meteor Ultimate since it takes less Ki to get a full meter. And the Protection 1, Senzu Bean, and whatever other drama piece you prefer(anything that raises your Ki meter). Personally to me drama pieces aren't THAT important but they can save your life if you happen to make careless mistakes.

So basically this is how the Broly's Combo works assuming you are on the left side of the screen:

Broly Combo

1. Press and hold Toward your opponent(:dright:)+:ybut:. Broly will do a lunging lower punch to your opponent that can be canceled or comboed out of. This can be charged by pressing and holding :dright:+:ybut: which is more effective since even if your opponent tries to side step you it can still connect.

2. The second it connects immediately cancel into his Heavy Smash with :rtbut:+:ybut:, you can choose to fully charge this heavy smash by holding :rtbut:+:ybut: down or just pressing it once. Doing a fully charged one results in more damage. I strongly recommend fully charging this in Aura Spark because it can skip over your opponents "Protection" drama pieces and end the fight faster.

3. Immediately after the Heavy Smash connects cancel once again into his Gigantic Press with Away from your opponent(:dleft:)+:bbut:, Broly will do a green aura tackle and run your opponent over. This can also be fully charged by pressing and holding down :dleft:+:bbut: and can inflict seriously damage, usually 1000+ HP especially during Aura Spark.

Note: Interestingly the full Broly combo(all 3 steps) CAN be inputted very rapidly before it even comes out and the WHOLE thing will come out altogether without you having to press anything else but you must input it quickly.

Also don't think this will never get dodged, blocked, or countered because it can happen quite often in the 80's-100. Typically opponents will teleport away from it when they only have an ounce of red health left and defensive foes such as Android 16 will Ultimate Guard it. Don't let this stifle you. Continue your onslaught until they DON'T counter it and finish them off. If you happen to be in Aura Spark and your opponent teleports away from it and you end up on the other side of screen. Hit LB then LT to teleport punch them, it hits EVERY time.

To Aura Spark or not to Aura Spark?(LB)

With the Gigantic Meteor Ultimate selected it only takes 4 bars to get full Ki meter. Once full hit :lbbut: to power up and enter Aura Spark mode. In this mode Broly's attacks become extremely damaging and can end the fight in seconds. You don't always have to Aura Spark but I recommend it because there's so much to utilize in this mode such as vanishing attacks, Ultimate Move Attack (button mash mini game), unlimited Ultimate Guard and Ready Stance. Try to have your Ki meter full when going into the next fight if you can. If you don't then sneak in a quick throw move when the next fight starts to build your ki faster.

I recommend before the fight starts to get close to your opponent, tap block(A), and throw them(:rbbut:). Once they're on the ground enter Aura Spark and use the Broly combo. Should only need to do 2 full combos of them to finish the fight.

Throwing(RB)

This is an under-rated move. In fact, it's the first move I use before the fight begins because it builds Ki for Aura Spark and can interrupt the A.I's combos when they're trying to throttle you with punches and kicks. Whenever the A.I goes ape crazy on you and starts comboing you either use your Shield(RT+B) or tap A button like a mad man and hit throw at the same time. If you're lucky, you just may sneak a throw in!

Survival Opponents

Most people like to say that the 100 opponents that you face from Survival are random but I actually don't think it's that random. Usually the foes I would face would come in order of some sort of relation. For example after I beat Goku I would face his father Bardock. Or sometimes when facing Krillin his assist partner would be Android 18(his wife) and after defeating him I would face Android 18. Android 17 and 18 would usually follow after one another as well. The point is sometimes you can anticipate who you will fight before you even face them!Something to consider.

Anyways based on my records the "Z-difficulty" foes in Survival Mode, the ones who love to counter everything you throw at them and smother you with combos that dont seem to end, typically appear as the 8th foes of every 10 sets of enemies. Example: opponent #68, 78, 88, 98(these will appear as 67/100, 77/100, etc. on the loading screen). I usually lost to those ones so be cautious when going into those fights. At times, the 4th opponent can be annoying too but usually it's the 8th who is the "Z-difficulty" opponent so watch out because these are the ones that will dodge your smash and combo you relentlessly.

Opponents 1-77 are pretty trivial and easy to beat. You may only run into a fight or two will they will actually counter your combo. Opponent 68 and 78 can be annoying usually but I feel it depends on the person you're facing because there really are only a few truly annoying foes in Survival that I will mention so watch out for the following foes.

Android 18 and 17

Android 18 can be an absolute annoyance to face in the 60's-100 because she loves to counter and won't take her time in throwing combos all over you plus she has the Shocked drama piece which can give her extra time to change the tides of the fight. Best trick for beating her is to have an Aura Spark ready before you face her. If you don't then hope your Broly combo works against her until your Ki is fully charged, Aura Spark with LB and attack her with the combo relentlessly until she is down. If she ever gets her Aura Spark STAY AWAY from her until it dissipates. Ultimate guard with :rtbut: if you have Ki and once your Ki is back Aura Spark and finish her off by any means necessary. Android 17 is much easier but watch out because he likes to side-step and loves spamming ki blasts from range.

Saibamen

Annoying little rascals these guys. Plus there's a cutscene for every life bar which ruins the rhythm of the fight. The Broly combo works on these guys but its best to initiate it from a good distance so once you've killed the first Siabamen quickly back as far as you can before the cutscene for the next one to enter shows. The saibamen will usually crawl toward you setting you up for your combo. If you are ever close to these guys block and try to grab them. Don't take these guys for granted I have had many close calls with them and they can put lots of offensive pressure on you when close up.

Trunks

The son of Vegeta isn't what I would call "tough" to beat but he can surprise you. He has a "Here Goes!" drama piece that activates near death that gives him a full ki meter and next thing you know he hits his Ultimate. Be careful with Trunks in the 80s and 90s and see what he does first before mindlessly using your Broly combo. I have been 7 or less fights away from the 100 wins and TWICE been foiled by Trunks so be careful with him!

Yamcha

Overall should not be too much of a problem but facing him as the 8th opponent especially in the 80s or 90s can be dangerous. He will counter your smash effortlessly and sneak a Spirit Ball ultimate on you. I once teleported away from it and it STILL got me at fight 93. Attack him in Aura Spark until he's down for the count and play defensively at first because he counters practically everything at the beginning of the fight. If you want, have him walk into your combo instead of doing it to him hoping he wont counter it. And Ultimate Guard his Spirit Ball if he uses it. Don't try and dodge it!

Broly

Uh oh, mirror match! The thing about this fight is it can pretty much be a 50/50 shot at winning or losing if you let him get his Aura Spark, THAT'S how dangerous he is during that mode. I strongly suggest you have a full Ki meter before facing him to avoid having all your hard work poured down the drain. Broly is an absolute madman in Aura Spark he will counter EVERYTHING you throw at him and when he beats you it will leave you feeling violated. Try starting the fight off by getting close to him and mashing the heck out of RB to get a throw in. After that Aura Spark an do the Broly combo. He WILL counter your combo on high levels up until his "Torrent of Ki" drama piece activates, after that he's trivial to beat. I have known the "Z" Broly to typically appear at 68, 88, and 98. Broly can be the most difficult person to face in Aura Spark mode so finish him quickly before he does so to YOU. If he Aura Sparks RUN FOR YOUR LIFE. Don't even try to counter then attack him because he will counter that too. Counter and Guard and hope you're alive by the time his Aura runs out to finish him off.

Edited by FeLizP

Piccolo

Not really THAT dangerous but he is a pretty good zoner so use the Throw move earlier on at your own risk because he will usually try to back off and go into his stretch arm combo. Learn his attacks and side step your way toward him. NEVER go directly for him. If he Aura Sparks avoid him like the plague as he can be pretty aggressive like Goku.

Frieza and Cell

These guys love to side step and will waste no time in transforming. At times they can be dangerous because like anybody in Survival they will spam you with Ki blasts and random combos. Either side step them from a distance or Ultimate Guard against them but only tap RT so that you can get your Ki meter up. If you're already in Aura Spark you need to be attacking them don't waste time. They're not really any true threat in Survival but keep in mind what they can be capable of.

Kid Gohan and Krillin

These two whipper snappers are short, stubby, and sometimes difficult to hit. For the record the Broly Combo DOES work on them but you really need to use your Toward+Y start up against them before Heavy Smashing into Gigantic Press. If you're paranoid of them dodging it then skip the Heavy Smash and do the Lunge Punch directly into Gigantic Press, it works just as good. These two also like to side step so charging down the Lunge Punch helps it connect easier. If it stlil misses then continuously hit Toward+Y until it connects and finish the combo from there until dead. Side step into them if you have to and sneak and throw in to finish them off.

Teen Gohan

Should actually never be a problem but is a wrecking machine in Aura Spark mode so NEVER EVER attack him if he gets in Aura Spark because he will spam the crap out of Heavy Smash. Aside from that he will fall for the Broly combo usually every time.

Ginyu

Had to sneak this guy in there. He is in no way a concern BUT to be safe, dispatch of him as quickly as possible because of his Body Switching technique. He hit it on me once but I was able to re-switch bodies and finish him off. Believe me you don't want that happening to you in later fights, it's scary. Luckily it happened to me in the 30s so I was okay.

Everybody else, Goku, Bardock, Vegeta, Nappa, Raditz, Recoome, Tien, etc. I really usually never had many issues with. That said, ANYBODY can be dangerous in Aura Spark so beating Survival is ALL about beating your opponents before they go into Aura Spark and then it's easy! There was another helpful guide for Survival that I found on trueachivements that you can visit by clicking HERE. At times, the difference between clearing Survival or losing near the end comes down to who you face and who you know or don't know how to beat regardless if you face them in the 90's or not(if that makes sense). Sometimes it may come down to getting lucky and facing "easy" characters in the 80s-90s. That's why it's important to keep trying because if you can make it to the 90s and lose then you're definitely capable of doing this!

Extra Tips

-Save this achievement for last that way you're more familiar with the fundamentals of DBZ: Burst Limit

-If you ever end up being a full distance away from your opponent and they are sitting there guarding. Don't fly straight for them, too risky! Instead, do a Gigantic Press to get to them faster. Or do a vanishing attack(aura spark mode only) by hitting LB then LT.

-Learn each character's drama piece and how it can be triggered. For example, Broly's "Hatred of Kakarot" or Trunks' "Here Goes", these can change the tide of the fight instantly. Also learn what each one does to avoid any surprising loses. Remember, what you don't know CAN hurt you in Burst Limit.

-Protection drama pieces triggering after hitting a Gigantic Press can be very annoying. So to skip these(most of the time) Hit a full Broly combo to get them down to a bar and a half of health, then the second time you go for it(make sure you're in Aura spark) do a FULLY charged Heavy Smash and then a FULLY charged Gigantic Press. This will skip the Protection drama piece cutscene and allow you to finish fights quicker.

-For me, once you get into the 70s-100 there are only really 3 "tricky" opponents per sets of 10. So 3 tough guys in the 70s, 3 tough guys in the 80s and maybe 4 tough guys in 90s. The rest are always trivial. And fight number 100 was always completely trivial to beat for me.

-Never give up! PM me if you need me to show you how its done. We can play an online player match and do a personal practice session.

Closing Comments

That's everything I can fit into two posts about Survival. I think it can pretty much be cleared with any character once you learn the proper strategies but it's much faster with Broly. Vegeta is also another good choice but Final Flash will be your main offensive weapon in that regard. It's not as easy as it may appear to be but it's not really terribly difficult either. It can seem like a near impossible achievement sometimes but it really isn't! Don't expect to get this on your first try even with the tricks because it takes some getting used to. You'll know exactly what to do after losing enough times when you get so close. It's really all about learning the psychology of each character, knowing what to expect, and going with it from there. The biggest thing that helped me finish these is to never give up. Don't get upset from your loses, use them as an opportunity to LEARN what not to do next. Take a break and come back to it later. Survival mode can take anywhere from 1.5-2 hours to complete. With enough persistence and luck you'll have those 100 wins before you know it. ;)

If you ever need supplemental help with this achievement then simply PM me I should be able to answer right away. Hope this helps.

Edited by FeLizP

• 2 months later...

Man I have to give serious props to FelizP and his strategy for Broly. I love how the two of us bounce ideas off each other on these forums and make our fighters easier to complete :p

Using his Broly combo as my standard (6Y full charge, tap R2+Y, tap 4B), I tore through both Survivals today (doing Custom on my first try no less) and finished as a global first on BOTH leaderboards (Default and Custom). This combo DESTROYS most opponents and 2 FelizBroly combos should be instant kill if not interrupted by a million drama pieces.

TIMES:

Default: 22 minutes, 18 seconds

Custom: 24 minutes, 53 seconds

Characters I personally had some trouble with:

- Trunks: he is NEVER mentioned as a cumbersome character, but I hated running into him. He beat my ass multiple times on the higher levels and even the charge 6Y opener combo isn't a sure-fire way to beat him. His hitboxes get SEVERELY messed up when he pulls out his sword, so prepare to be missing a lot of hits unfairly.

- Krillin: probably my second biggest pet peeve. He is small and will sidestep like a m******, randomly using his Ultimate from time to time, which you can't avoid by sidestepping and the discs do a HUGE amount of damage. Blink and he will take you downtown like nobody's business. His confusion move (Solar flare?) makes things a lot harder. He got me with it once, only to combo into his Ultimate. That'll teach me for going head on with a 90-er in Aura Spark I guess. Ya live, ya learn.

- Android #17: nothing need be said here. He moves around ALL the time (the 6Y opener makes life a lot easier than the Broly combo other people recommend) and he isn't very keen on using his Ultimate. Instead he will be spamming the living hell out of ki specials. Seeing how the super bars fill up stupidly fast in this game, you'll soon understand you do NOT, I repeat NOT want to give this guy any space. Because he'll use it. To BARRAGE you with his alien mind bullets!

- Android #18: she has a really weird invincible counter/throw attack where she juggles you around in a huge combo, which will mess with your rhythm and make you think you're getting pummeled. Actually the damage isn't too bad. Basically, she is a somewhat easier version of 17. She moves around A LOT, but doesn't use ki specials nearly as much. Can be a huge pain in the higher levels though. She will also pull out at least 2 Drama Pieces, so don't get overly frustrated.

- Broly: he only just makes it in this list because 90% of the time he didn't pose a threat for me. But oh God, once he has his mind set to winning, this guy will give you trouble. Basically, you can only hope to hit him first. Sounds easy, but sometimes isn't. Usually you'll pound him with the standard combo though.

- Piccolo: arm... stretch... combo. Nuff said.

This is a list of ALL the characters I've actually lost to. So, as you can see, there is a considerable difference in AI or - if you will - resistance to this Broly strategy between the different characters. Other people to generally look out for are Goku and Ginyu (with 5 ki bars, I read about the dangers of the body switch so I always made sure to bait and block it when he got his super bar filled up).

That being said, these achievements are considerably overhyped and are nowhere near as bad as people say they are. I remember spending 5 straight days swearing over DOA4's Survival Mode and that puts things into perspective in a big way. The only problem is every attempt at this achievement is going to take a while. My record time of 22 minutes easily added up to a real-life 70-75 minutes, just for comparisons.

Some general tips:

- Don't try anything fancy. Even in the 40s the AI will pretty much block/dodge any normal attack/teleport/launcher/counter. There's a damn good reason why this strategy is so commonly used by people that want this achievement. It works, so stick to it.

- Ki block is your friend. Seriously. If the opponent tries to hit you with an Ultimate, don't try and dodge it. The sidestep mechanic in this game is too screwed up to even have a fair shot at it. If you have the ki (especially "free ki" when in Aura Spark): use it. Your bar recharges in a matter of seconds anyway.

Using this method, completing Survival Mode becomes more a matter of thinking on your feet (KI BLOCK WILL BE YOUR SALVATION!) and mental stamina than actual skill/prowess at this game. What seperates the men from the boys (:p) with these achievements is the fact that you WILL lose in the 90's and waste 90 minutes time and time again. Once you get a decent strategy for your pet peeve characters in the higher levels, however, you'll get into the swing of things.

Stick to it and make sure to beat my time on the boards ;)

Cheers,

- Denno

Edited by Dennoman

• 2 months later...