Watch Out For The SaveGame System Of This Game

DivinityCycle

Yet another reason why this game is ghetto as hell: you can have only one game going at a time. If you go into the Load Game menu, you will see a big list of save game spots. These are NOT individual save files, they are all treated as one save. If (like me) you are not paying attention on the title screen, its actually really easy to accidentally start a "New Game".

If you start a new game, you lose ALL your saves. Yes. Really. I was about 10 hours into this game and now I get to start over from scratch. God, I hate this game...

Mine have been fine. I have been using the hard drive for the with hair on chest game to progress, and am using a memory card for an easy game to get the easy cheevos. It does however warn you that if you start a new game, all progress would be lost. If however you use my tactic, all is easy to do.

Yet another reason why this game is ghetto as hell: you can have only one game going at a time. If you go into the Load Game menu, you will see a big list of save game spots. These are NOT individual save files, they are all treated as one save. If (like me) you are not paying attention on the title screen, its actually really easy to accidentally start a "New Game".

If you start a new game, you lose ALL your saves. Yes. Really. I was about 10 hours into this game and now I get to start over from scratch. God, I hate this game...

I about did the same thing. Lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

It's the game's fault because once you put the game in it asks for you to pick your hard drive. After, without me pressing anything another screen came up (asking me probably if i wanted to start a new game) so I pressed A.

Normally the way a game works is if you are deleting something, it goes "Cancel...Confirm". That way you have to read the whole thing in order to understand you must move to the other option. Instead this game let's the mistake happen quite often. I had my game erased and I don't blame anyone for making the same mistake, as it's going to happen with the horrible setup. Especially when the text opens "The selected hard drive..."

51MB for an autosave that takes place at the very start of the first mission. Wow! This game is really bad.

Edited by Tyger7

• 2 weeks later...