Killing in the Name achievement glitched?

The Guitar Hero website (community.guitarhero.com) clearly says I have 50 Pro Face-Off wins (and even 2 regular Face-Off wins) but I don't have my Killing in the Name achievement.

For the most part, gamers that quit on you (start playing and quit mid-way) usually aren't added to those numbers, but occasionally they are (not sure what the determining factor is). But perhaps maybe all 50 have to be complete games and a few of mine there for don't count?

I did switch Xbox consoles after about 40 wins, although I don't have a clue as to why this would matter as I'm using the same hard drive and all, and my account is still connected to their community, and my wins continued to climb.

EDIT: Just to give an update, I'm now at 61 total wins (59/2) and no sign of achievement. I have emailed Beenox.

EDIT: I finally got my achievement. According to the site, I have 67 wins, but it doesn't always count them like I said. I ended up getting it when somebody quit on me so apparently quits do count towards this, you just need more than 50 wins. Maybe they meant 100, as I probably had 30 or so other people quit on me that didn't get counted that would add up around there.

Edited by EvilTrovis
Update on wins.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same problem i have 66 battle, 6 pro face off and 9 face off wins and no achievment. Maybe it is becaus my brother plays the whole time and he can only play on medium and his opponents play on hard op xpert

Edit: i got it now, i lost a game and then i get it.

Edited by julian1005
problem solved

i got 73 pro face off wins

1 face off and 2 battle wins

and i still didn't get it

anyone who knows what to do?

EDIT:

Pro Face-Off Wins: 81

Face-Off Wins: 1

Battle Wins: 31

these are my achievements stats

and guess what

i got i when somebody quit the game..

great job harmonix

Edited by slav3n5
problem solved

This is the same problem I had with Seek & Destroy in Metallica. I don't think quits count toward it, so for now I'd reccomend just keep playting, maybe throw the occasional match, and hope it unlocks. I don't know of any surefire remedy for it.

Okay something about this achievement is really strange.

According to the GH community stats I won 40 PFOs and 3 FOs and my achievement unlocked after losing a match. I also played 1 band vs band match, but I'm still a few games short.

The only thing I can think of, is that some matches aren't counted on the community page, but they are counted ingame. It happened a few times to me, that my opponent would quit right after the first note, giving me a win with 50-100 points. These wins were never added on the community page but apparently they count towards the achievement. Furthermore, I got at least 2/3 of my wins because my opponent quit mid-match. I guess I played only 10-15 to the end, so quitting does count towards it. I also always quit after winning a match, no more than 1 win per opponent.

Just wanted to add a data point to the thread. I just got this achievement after winning Freya (all the way to the end; my opponent didn't back out). My profile at community.guitarhero.com shows:

Pro Face-Off Wins: 56

Face-Off Wins: 2

Battle Wins: 1

Once I hit 50 wins and didn't get the ach, I started backing out all the way to the main menu after every win, in case you really are only allowed one win per match. I also started picking songs I knew I hadn't played, in case the secret is getting wins on 50 *different* songs. Cheers!

Hopefully it won't take me too long, I have fondish memories of getting Big Ol' Pile of Wins on GH3.

Fond because I won a lot of matches with incredible ease. It was boring though.

I'll start this soon, I'll just whore Expert Guitar in Battle mode and see how it works out. I understand you can't tell what difficulty the other player is on until you get into the song, and even on Pro Face-off they can play whatever difficulty they want, right? Makes this even worse to get than in GH3 really.

Sounds like some strange stuff though, I got some achievements for winning matches in private (or, invited) games so hopefully they'll count. Hey, at least I got my GH3 achievement at like, 490 wins, hopefully I'll get this one early. :p

• 2 weeks later...

I think it may have something to do with whether you save your wins and losses. To my knowledge achievements are a hard drive thing, not an online thing, so it doesn't matter what the official GH Community says, just what your 360 thinks.

That's my theory, anyway. I unlocked this one when I hit 71 wins (66 PFO, 5 FO), but I remember quitting the game a lot before saving, which lead to my above speculation.

I think it may have something to do with whether you save your wins and losses. To my knowledge achievements are a hard drive thing, not an online thing, so it doesn't matter what the official GH Community says, just what your 360 thinks.

That's my theory, anyway. I unlocked this one when I hit 71 wins (66 PFO, 5 FO), but I remember quitting the game a lot before saving, which lead to my above speculation.

that's probably the best theory i've ever heard on this issue. I had 126 wins before it unlocked for me, but i quit a lot when people would do things like pick TTFAF when they are on easy and i am on expert >_>

Just adding to the glitchiness.

I got the cheevie after:

Pro Face-Off Wins: 39

It popped up after winning my 40th match.

I had my fair share of quitters but they were mainly all won by playing fair and square.

I also won about 10 matches against the same person, so I don't think that has any effect on it.

Strange strange achievement.

So far I'm up to 93 wins according to the Guitar Hero Communities stats. : / I really wish it would pop up soon considering I'm 43 wins over the 50 needed for the damn achievement.

Edit: I unlocked it just now when I lost a match while boosting. I checked on the Guitar Hero Community website and it said I had 112 wins. This achievement is definitely glitched, either it'll give it to you early or you'll get it past the 50 win mark.

Edited by Son of Kyuss

• 2 weeks later...

To add more confusion, I just got this achievement, and the GH website says I have the following;

Pro Face-Off Wins: 43

Battle Wins: 0

But I was keeping track of all of my matches on paper, and I had recorded the following:

Wins: 38

Wins from the player quitting: 10

Ties: 2

Which is exactly 50. Perhaps the game counts quit-wins and ties, and the website doesn't?

• 2 weeks later...