Good Place to "Hold Up / Camp" [Buried]

Darth VeX

By having "Leroy" (the big guy) break open the fountain in the courtyard between the church and the mansion, it causes water to flow through the matching fountain in the middle of the maze.

When everyone has guns and ammo, make your way through the mansion to the maze, destroy the fountain there and look down in the opening ... you should see a swirling yellow vortex.

From what we've found, this vortex only appears if you've "broken" the other fountain using "Leroy" and his booze.

When you go through the vortex, you'll find yourself on the processing floor of the initial starting room (if it's your first time there, you'll also see an achivo pop -- "When the Revolution Comes").

On one side of the room, you'll find the last piece of the nav card table, and very close by, the nav card table location (the other 3 pieces of the nav card table are found by having "Leroy" break the barrier directly opposite Juggernog and to the right, in the alley between the Gunsmith and the Stable).

On the opposite side of the room from the nav card table, you'll see a way to drop back down into the mines. Standing right there at the mouth of that opening ... the zombies only come at you from one direction. One person, or an entire team, can sit there and pour fire onto the horde as they appear in front of you. If you get into trouble, you simply sidestep down into the hole -- the zombies don't follow you down, instead respawning down below in the mines, which gives you a few seconds to run and ready yourself.

Bring along claymores, head choppers, and or other traps for even more effective point-whoring! It does appear Treyarch knows this location is useful, because in several rounds of camping there, we found that the zombs don't make power-up drops on the processing floor, so you might want to stick to wall guns for point-gathering purposes.

Enjoy!

PS -- If I bother hooking up my cap card, I'll post a video showing this strategy.

By having "Leroy" (the big guy) break open the fountain in the courtyard between the church and the mansion, it causes water to flow through the matching fountain in the middle of the maze.

When everyone has guns and ammo, make your way through the mansion to the maze, destroy the fountain there and look down in the opening ... you should see a swirling yellow vortex.

From what we've found, this vortex only appears if you've "broken" the other fountain using "Leroy" and his booze.

When you go through the vortex, you'll find yourself on the processing floor of the initial starting room (if it's your first time there, you'll also see an achivo pop -- "When the Revolution Comes").

On one side of the room, you'll find the last piece of the nav card table, and very close by, the nav card table location (the other 3 pieces of the nav card table are found by having "Leroy" break the barrier directly opposite Juggernog and to the right, in the alley between the Gunsmith and the Stable).

On the opposite side of the room from the nav card table, you'll see a way to drop back down into the mines. Standing right there at the mouth of that opening ... the zombies only come at you from one direction. One person, or an entire team, can sit there and pour fire onto the horde as they appear in front of you. If you get into trouble, you simply sidestep down into the hole -- the zombies don't follow you down, instead respawning down below in the mines, which gives you a few seconds to run and ready yourself.

Bring along claymores, head choppers, and or other traps for even more effective point-whoring! It does appear Treyarch knows this location is useful, because in several rounds of camping there, we found that the zombs don't make power-up drops on the processing floor, so you might want to stick to wall guns for point-gathering purposes.

Enjoy!

PS -- If I bother hooking up my cap card, I'll post a video showing this strategy.

I was gonna post this strategy last night as well. I sat there solo for about 3 rounds. I believe it was 16-18.

Hey bud, quick question...how do you destroy the fountain in the maze courtyard? I shoot the hell out of it with my LSAT and nothing happened? Thanks!!!

I think you have to shoot/destroy it with explosives or Ray-Gun, I personally destroyed it with Ray Gun Mark2

fairly certain grenades will do it, I used M&S.

Wanted to go into posting at Jug a bit more. If feel like you are starting to get overwhelmed, make use of all the equipment. First, a head chopper at the end of the hallway. Halfway down the hallway, a tramplesteam. Finally behind you, a subsonic resonator. Hold on to a generator, so that you can just slap it down to activate the resonator. Elect a runner who has a raygun and some monkeys to go and grab new equipment as it breaks. I'll bet you can kill the majority of the zombies without shooting. In a few days I want to try to see what round I can get to without getting any kills (even though my leaderboard will just look like I glitched it).

fairly certain grenades will do it, I used M&S.

Wanted to go into posting at Jug a bit more. If feel like you are starting to get overwhelmed, make use of all the equipment. First, a head chopper at the end of the hallway. Halfway down the hallway, a tramplesteam. Finally behind you, a subsonic resonator. Hold on to a generator, so that you can just slap it down to activate the resonator. Elect a runner who has a raygun and some monkeys to go and grab new equipment as it breaks. I'll bet you can kill the majority of the zombies without shooting. In a few days I want to try to see what round I can get to without getting any kills (even though my leaderboard will just look like I glitched it).

LMAO ... that would be interesting.

I found a weird glitch or something when I went into the mansion on Wave 12 (wave changed to 13 inside) and now I am in the maze and one zombie only spawns once every few minutes. The round hasn't ended yet since they take so long to spawn. I also had candy and accidentally lead Leroy here and fed him, I don't know if that caused anything.

Edit: After about 20+ minutes, the zombies started spawning normally.

Edited by Ry8an25oliver93

I found a weird glitch or something when I went into the mansion on Wave 12 (wave changed to 13 inside) and now I am in the maze and one zombie only spawns once every few minutes. The round hasn't ended yet since they take so long to spawn. I also had candy and accidentally lead Leroy here and fed him, I don't know if that caused anything.

Edit: After about 20+ minutes, the zombies started spawning normally.

Wow ... last time I saw that glitch was back in WaW ...

But it makes sense, since they've been using the same basic engine since CoD4.

I'd like to hear more about where people are holding up. I still sit in jugs. Last night I went in on solo, grabbed my PaP Hammer out of the fridge, and a mark 2 out of the box, and my perks. Sat it in the hallway for 30 rounds without struggling at all, although round 31 swallowed me up very quickly. Still, 30 rounds 1500 kills with no setup or running trains, that's nice. Hopefully this is the map I can finally see my shotguns on.

I'd like to hear more about where people are holding up. I still sit in jugs. Last night I went in on solo, grabbed my PaP Hammer out of the fridge, and a mark 2 out of the box, and my perks. Sat it in the hallway for 30 rounds without struggling at all, although round 31 swallowed me up very quickly. Still, 30 rounds 1500 kills with no setup or running trains, that's nice. Hopefully this is the map I can finally see my shotguns on.

On the later stages, do you think PaP LSAT would help more or doesn't really matter either way? The recoil on the HAMR annoys the hell out of me on zombies.

With the Vulture Aid - you can pretty much grab anything you like when you kill the gas zombies without any problem. But it does seem like Juggernog is the best place. There's 1 spot after jumping in portal but I hear there's no drops. So you're pretty much relying on vulture drops to resupply your ammo.

It's no good if you're playing solo, but a couple of my friends and I have had good luck upstairs in the courthouse. If we stand with our backs to Speed Cola and blast down the two hallways (windows on one side, stairway on the other) it seems to work well and if we get overwhelmed we can drop out the window to where the initial mystery box spawn is.

We haven't played a ton, but it's a nice alternative to the Jug alley.

I get mule kick and jug

I buy the AN94

Plus I spam box for at least a RayGun

3rd weapon I aim for anything mediocre

Next I get steam trampoline

I head for the maze

By 5-7th round

I go down to pack a punch

Place my trampoline in window

Stand against wall between that an PaP

Aiming towards stairs...

Light em up as the come down stairs or drop down

Steam trampoline will hold up 8-10 rounds there

U can PAP all 3 weapons easily

When trampoline blows up exit return to map

Get new trampoline mayb some claymores etc

Rinse and repeat

Second time around trampoline will last bat 5 rounds

I used this method and it got me easily to round 24...

It's no good if you're playing solo, but a couple of my friends and I have had good luck upstairs in the courthouse. If we stand with our backs to Speed Cola and blast down the two hallways (windows on one side, stairway on the other) it seems to work well and if we get overwhelmed we can drop out the window to where the initial mystery box spawn is.

We haven't played a ton, but it's a nice alternative to the Jug alley.

Yes me and my friends have easily made it past 27 at this place simply buy putting a tampo-steamer at the left door way and the rest of us easily cover the stairs. We also put the an94 on the wall up there

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried to camp in the saloon.. just dont open the front doors!

That way, the come from 3 ways, all of them is in front of you. From the stairs to the left, window in the middle, and from the balcon or what its called on the right. If you got 3 good PaP weapons (i got hammer, galil and new ray gun all PaP) and build the Head Chopper inside the saloon (i found one part and gave the giant some candy so he could finish it) and place one in the window, and one on the stairs (i played split screen) then you have a pretty good place to camp! you can always take a new head chopper from the bench when they are broken.

worst case when there is too many, just open the front doors, and you are safe again..

I lasted till round 45 at Jug with an upgraded AN94, Upgraded Mark 2, and an Upgraded new gun that freezes, (sorry don't remember the name), and all the perks. Do not unlock the General Store. In later rounds (30+) freeze kill zombies at the front of the hall that leads to Jug, when you get a gas zombie step into the green mist. while you stand there for a bit all of the zombies will start pilling up in front of the General Store, if you open it they will go inside, so do not open it!

Start shooting your AN94 at the pile of zombies heads. Keep doing this till the mist disappears and then switch back to the freeze gun and start over. You can also use the Mark 2 if you like as well. I put the AN94 wall chalk on the sheriff station for quick ammo supply.

Once you get this high though my AN94 was taking whole magazines to kill zombies. I died on round 45.

To go further than 45, start running the mansion to the portal in the maze. Freeze zombies inside the mansion (without dropping down) until your gun maxes out to cool down. Run the mansion killing the ghosts with the AN94, drop into the vortex, camp next to the drop back into the town in the mining room. Kill zombies with the freeze gun until it maxes out, drop back into the pit, grab AN94 ammo if needed, run to the mansion and start the cycle over again.

I got to 54 doing this but had played for 4 hours and had to go to bed to get up for work so I just dropped out. I still wonder how far I could have gotten. I will try again.

Sorry so long, hope it makes sense. Worked for me!

PS, I had over 5,000 kills and over 1,500 head shots and still only have my knife, no shotguns!!!!

PS, I had over 5,000 kills and over 1,500 head shots and still only have my knife, no shotguns!!!!

That's one seriously large circle you run. That's patience!

Anyway I just wanted to tell you, your rank is based on your overall co-op K/D, not just your performance in one game. There is also a min # of kills.

Just finished an 8hr game on buried we made it past round 43 sitting in the jug hallway, with all seven perks, all pap weapons(an94, hammer, galil, raygun and some others were used its a tough thing to do you just a team who is willing to truly work together. One person had time bomb and the rest of us had monkey bombs. When there were a few zombies left we'd go to the bank and do the huckleberry thing where he'll change money to a drop and we'd keep going till we got a max ammo. And one great thing is if you run low on pap an94 you can throw a monkey bomb and run around the corner and pick up ammo. And might I add it was only my 2nd time playing and still got 2nd most so I can tell you its a great strategy. But be careful on round 40+ because they will start rushing you.

That's one seriously large circle you run. That's patience!

Anyway I just wanted to tell you, your rank is based on your overall co-op K/D, not just your performance in one game. There is also a min # of kills.

Thanks, it was long and got kind of boring! :)

People have said the K/D ratio but I guess I still don't understand it. I have around 80,000 kills and 650 deaths. That would put my K/D at 12,307.69%. if you add my downs at about 775 that would put my K/D at 5,614.03%

How high do you have to have it, does anybody know?

Thanks, it was long and got kind of boring! :)

People have said the K/D ratio but I guess I still don't understand it. I have around 80,000 kills and 650 deaths. That would put my K/D at 12,307.69%. if you add my downs at about 775 that would put my K/D at 5,614.03%

How high do you have to have it, does anybody know?

Its kills/downs. You don't move the decimal point.

If you have 80,000 kills and 775 downs, your K/D is @ 103. Your going to need to be upwards of 150 to reach shotguns.

How is it you have almost as many death's as downs? I understand a lot of people just play solo, but with no quick revive?

If you have 80,000 kills and 775 downs, your K/D is @ 103. Your going to need to be upwards of 150 to reach shotguns.

How is it you have almost as many death's as downs? I understand a lot of people just play solo, but with no quick revive?

Does Ending the game normally count as a kill/down? Falling into a pit count as a kill/down? I suppose I could probably figure these out on my own. But can't play right now. ;)

A lot of times I can only play for an hour or so, so I end the game with out dying. I may have 1 down in a match but no deaths, or I don't go down at all and die with out quick revive. A lot of times I play to round 20 or so, no downs no deaths and just end the game. I don't usually buy Quick Revive unless I know I have several hours to play.

• 2 weeks later...

What i do is after dropping down from spawn DON'T put the chalk on the wall near quick revive instead put AN-94 there then just hold out there with your back to AN 1 tramp in front if it breaks/gets too crowded then drop down into barn can always PAP AN-94 and keep buying ammo of wall behind you so no worries about running somewhere for ammo and you've always got an escape route =)