100 coins and 100 gaps

TheIcemanCometh

Gathering these two achievements can be fairly simple, but can take some time - based on how good you are. ;)

The key seems to be that this is achieveable in the same gaming session - not the same game - if you go back to the Xbox Live Marketplace, you will lose whatever gaps and/or coins you have collected. Once you start a game, stay in Zuma. Even though you may actually have to play several games to get these two achievements, once you go back to the Marketplace, the counts will be reset to zero.

If you aren't able to do it all in one sitting, you may want to consider the Auto-off tip in the 24-hour achievement topic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

So, I think I screwed up. Over the past two days, I left my 360 on, and replayed, over and over again, Level 1-1 getting coins and then dying. I kept a manual count based on the Game Over coin count screens. I grabbed roughly 125 coins, and I got no achievement. Where'd I go wrong? Do you have to complete an entire World (Level 1-1 through Level 1-7, or whatever it is) for these things to count?

• 1 month later...

I just turned on my 360 this morning to attempt to pass world 8 before heading to class. After my 2nd failed attempt, it said I had gotten the 100 coins achievement. Ever since I had turned on the 360, I collected maybe..... 5 coins total? Definitely not 100, in any case. Therefore, this achievement is cumulative, and I assume the gap one is as well. I already have it, but I did a full 5 hours straight of trying to get past world 6, and just assumed I had gotten 100 gaps in that session.

I've had trouble with achievements unlocking before...

But in my experience...

You don't have to get the 100 coins and gaps in one sitting!!!

It worked for me, it should work for you.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Gathering these two achievements can be fairly simple, but can take some time - based on how good you are. ;)

The key seems to be that this is achieveable in the same gaming session - not the same game - if you go back to the Xbox Live Marketplace, you will lose whatever gaps and/or coins you have collected. Once you start a game, stay in Zuma. Even though you may actually have to play several games to get these two achievements, once you go back to the Marketplace, the counts will be reset to zero.

If you aren't able to do it all in one sitting, you may want to consider the Auto-off tip in the 24-hour achievement topic.

Actually that is not true... I just turned my 360 on, fired up Zuma and after I got 3 or 4 coins in adventure, I got the achievement.

• 3 weeks later...