Achievement Discussion

TEBellant

So pretty much all of these are online achievements/Multiplayer. A few for story, luck, and a bunch of secret cheevo's. I for one am psyched for online cause I wanna crush kids. If ya'll are upset bout the on-line ones(And I can see why you would be) just practice one of the 4 characters from the demo til the game comes out than play right at midnight launch. :D It'll help with the 10 ranked in a row a bunch.

Oh and I mean crazy practice haha I plan on picking up either Sub-Zero or Scorpion...until I get my Human Smoke :drunk

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was thinking about maybe renting this, but here's the thing:

I've never been able to get into fighter games, but it's been at least 5 years since I tried one and I might like them now.

However I know the game to be incredibly frantic and infuriating when playing good players, and winning 10 in a row, 100 total and mastering all characters and all those others? Looks like a very difficult 1000 for a newbie like me.

I might have to pass unless people say it's an absolute must-buy, which I doubt will happen. Either way I'll try to stay open to the game but it seems like another crazy button-masher game to me. :/

Your passing up MK because you fear the online achievements and mastering all characters.???

And because I have no experience in it and know that good players will frustrate me beyond belief. I just don't think I'm enough of a fan of MK or fighting games in general to be able to push through this game.

Honestly buy and play the game for fun, that's what most of us are buying it for. its a must have for anyone IMO.... or maybe Marvel vs Capcom 3 is your cup of tea. you'll be missing out on this years greatest fighting game IMO, if you choose not to buy it. also don't worry about not being good enough online that's what practice is for.. MK really isn't that hard.

Edited by Annalie

The good - these achievements should take a while to get considering you'll have to complete 100% of the game to get all the achievements. That means replay value, which is really good considering the regular summer gaming drought from the beginning of May - middle of September.

The bad - a lot of these achievements look pretty difficult if you're an intermediate MK player. Some of them even look difficult for expert players. Unless, of course, they are boost-able. The ranked ones may not be. Either way, getting all the achievements looks like it will be a pain.

Either way, the game is easily looking like the best Mortal Kombat game to date. I've honestly never been this excited about a game in my life. And to The Betrayer who said he doubts this game will be a must-buy, I wouldn't be so sure of that. Considering this Mortal Kombat is digging back to its true roots -- fighting on a 2D plane, M-rating, practically the entire MK Trilogy roster and most of the old arenas remade, beautiful visuals, and a deep amount of features, I'm pretty sure this will get very positive reviews, be one of the best selling games of the year, and be considered a must-buy. Hell, I can already easily see this as being a Game of the Year candidate.

Edited by Ceejus

The Achievements don't matter to me If I get 1000GS in MK then I'm Happy, That's a "Flawless Victory" on my part. I'm no Super Combo Machine so I may not get 10 in a Row against those guys, but I can probably get most others & that's cool.

Cheevs don't break the game for me, I'm totally insane for all the New MK features, New Fatalities, The Story of the Game, and The Challange Tower looks fun & well, challenging...

The Online Hopefully has a better "True Skill" so if your not as good at comboing you'll be paired with an opponent who's similar in skill not a Combo nut.

My Two Favorite Game Series are Mortal Kombat & GTA (well, just about anything Rockstar Games)

I just don't think I'm enough of a fan of MK or fighting games in general

dude... WHY are you even posting in the mortal kombat forum then? haha. weird...

Truth is man, MK is super easy to pick up. It's a FUN ass fighting game, and the characters are INTERESTING. Street Fighter and MvC and Tekken are solid games but they bore the shit out of me after I play them for 2 days... so I can never get good at those games. Mortal Kombat has held my attention for nearly 20 years now, and it's easy enough for even a fighting game moron like my self to have won arcade tournaments back in the day. Give this game a shot!

Not liking the achievements.. But im gonna play this none the less. MK is the only fighter game i can stand. Screw all those spiderman and batman fighter games MK is where its at!

o and to the guy worried about not getting online achievements.. Just boost them. Thats what i plan on doing. I have no intentions on even trying to beat some of those guys that will be playing this game religiously online. It was the same way on UMK3

hmm dont think ill be able to 1000G this but im defo going for a 900+ , was hoping for a few less predictable (boring acheivements) but as for acheivements , im buying this game out of love not for acheivements!! i couldnt care if it had no acheivements it would still be a day 1 buy for me!

dude... WHY are you even posting in the mortal kombat forum then? haha. weird...

Truth is man, MK is super easy to pick up. It's a FUN ass fighting game, and the characters are INTERESTING. Street Fighter and MvC and Tekken are solid games but they bore the shit out of me after I play them for 2 days... so I can never get good at those games. Mortal Kombat has held my attention for nearly 20 years now, and it's easy enough for even a fighting game moron like my self to have won arcade tournaments back in the day. Give this game a shot!

Well if you read my post I talked about the new Mortal Kombat game was THINKING about getting it and my cautions about getting this game. I'm just not sure if I'm enough of a fan to enjoy this game, given that it's a quite difficult game to be good at and looks to be a frustrating 1k (And I have to have my 1k lol).

I know it can be great fun if you're good at it, but I've played in the past and after I get crushed by 3 guys in a row I think I'll just end up being infuriated at the punch,kick,kick,kick,punch,punch,freeze,kick YOU'RE DEAD kind of incredibly fast-paced crazy-quick fighting component. It just looks infuriating.

THAT BEING SAID I might still rent it just to try it out and try to deal with my lack of a 1k.

Edited by The Betrayer142

I think the achievements look pretty reasonable. A lot of grinding, but for a fighting game that's good.

If there's anybody who's still iffy about the achievements, go take a gander at the ones for Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe and you'll probably be looking forward to this too.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope they have put options like, rank, country, language etc. for ranked matches. I mean, like MvC3's ranked battles.

Cuz its gonna be a tough grind for 10 streaks in a row in ranked.

Some supersoldiers can make %60-80 combo damages. And thats just a demo:mad:

Sorry about my English btw.

Online Achievements should be granted less gamerscore IMO. They could have added those lame Ranked/Online points and added an ass load for actually daring to complete the dreading Challenge Tower (Well, from the hype.)

For those who played the previous Mortal Kombat, do you think this one will be easier or harder? I haven't played combat games since Soulcalibur on my GameCube and I'm really looking forward to MK9! I want a great challenge but I don't want to buy a game that will take over 150-200 hours to fully complete it (I'm a completionist). What are the hardest achievements and what do they consist of? I know that no one played the game yet but if someone has an idea, let me know!

Thanks in advance!

Edited by ParoXysm QC