Halo 4 Xbox 360 Console Confirmed

iBuzz7S

• Exclusive design: Limited-edition, one-of-a-kind console was custom designed by the Halo 4 developer, 343 Industries, and Xbox 360.
  • Two custom Halo 4 wireless controllers: High-performance controllers boast a range of up to 30 feet and come with a rotating D-pad and blue LED lights.
  • Halo 4 Standard Edition game: Begin the Halo Reclaimer saga right out of the box.
  • Exclusive sounds: Hear actual Halo 4 in-game sound effects when console is turned on and when the eject button is pushed.
  • Largest hard drive available: The 320-GB hard drive offers more space for game add-ons and downloadable content, and more memory to store all of your entertainment.
  • Custom downloadable content: Receive a code to download Halo 4 content from Xbox LIVE, including unique armor skin, unique weapon skin, unique emblem, matching avatar armor, and unique avatar prop.
  • Black Xbox 360 headset: Chat with friends on Xbox LIVE, or team up and jump in with multiplayer gameplay.

http://loudmouthedgamers.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/halo-4-console.jpg

http://loudmouthedgamers.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/halo-4-console-controller.jpg

The console was announced prematurely, so the page has been removed. Funny how this isn't the first time someone at Microsoft has prematurely revealed something. Someone really needs to hire better people to work there.

Anyway, this console looks bad-ass! Not a fan of just a regular, black headset, but whatever floats Microsoft's boat.

Source: loudmouthgamer

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say I'm extremely disappointed in Microsoft for doing this. So close to the next generation of consoles and they actually think they can get away with releasing another console? At the very least they need to offer a trade-in incentive for the regular 360 slim toward this one. My slim is too new to even consider buying another console now.

That console looks pretty amazing. I love the colors on it, I may just have to break down and sell my current one when this comes out because it cools sweet. The blue is just really nice! Nice find :)

Man that looks awesome, I'm a sucker for non-standard LED colors...but I have the Reach console so I'll have to give this a pass. With luck the controller will be available separately so I can at least grab that.

The bundle is available for pre-order on Microsoft’s online store for $399.99. [update: Looks like the product listing has been removed for now.]

Surely it will be available through other vendors as well, Microsoft is just the one that let it slip. The other retailers can choose whether or not to have a trade-in offer of their own.

Edited by Veedrock

I have to say I'm extremely disappointed in Microsoft for doing this. So close to the next generation of consoles and they actually think they can get away with releasing another console?

The console and controllers look amazing, but like Reign had stated about the new gen consoles that are right around the corner, I don't thinking buying this would be the brightest of ideas.

Why not? It's not like you won't need your 360 when the next Xbox comes out, unless you're getting rid of your library too. But then you may as well argue that they're trying to get away with releasing "another Halo" this close to next gen.

I have to say I'm extremely disappointed in Microsoft for doing this. So close to the next generation of consoles and they actually think they can get away with releasing another console?

Not sure what you mean by that, i'm sure there are people who will buy it, not everyone is planning on buying the next gen the day it releases so it is possible that people will be playing their 360's for 18+ months from now. Also how is a custom console any different to a collector's edition of a game (besides the obvious price tag). If people are a fan of the franchise or console collectors, than MS will shift more than a few.

I personally have no need for another console right now, but if something were to happen to mine, this might be worthwhile picking up for the sake of having a collector's item.

I personally have no need for another console right now, but if something were to happen to mine, this might be worthwhile picking up for the sake of having a collector's item.

Ehh, not to burst your bubble but the appeal of it being "collectible" wears off pretty fast, but it's still really nice to look at and use something other than a generic black box. The custom sounds (and blue LEDs in this case) definitely help in that department. IDK if I could ever go back to a plain console, the beeps and dings would drive me bananas after growing fond of the subtle shield sounds my console makes.

I was thinking more of something you can show off and brag to others, but i guess you're right, in this case the word 'collectible' is used more as a marketing tool than anything.

Just to be clear, when you say 'subtle shield sounds' do you mean your console makes a sound similar to the shields recharging or am i just getting excited:p

I was thinking more of something you can show off and brag to others, but i guess you're right, in this case the word 'collectible' is used more as a marketing tool than anything.

Just to be clear, when you say 'subtle shield sounds' do you mean your console makes a sound similar to the shields recharging or am i just getting excited:p

The system itself has an exclusive Halo design in addition to custom sounds when it’s turned on or when a disc is ejected. According to IGN

It's up to Microsoft if the system is only sold through the Microsoft Store.

No? What's stopping any retailer from purchasing in bulk and re-selling it?

Besides, Microsoft knows how overpriced their own stores are. Let other retailers do the job.

The system itself has an exclusive Halo design in addition to custom sounds when it’s turned on or when a disc is ejected. According to IGN

Why you linked IGN is beyond hilarious for me, when the OP clearly says that the console has its own sounds, similar to the Reach console.

Do IGN send out its own employees to gaming forums to link back to them or do you just find IGN to be the most credible source?

I guess I'm in the minority when I say it looks like a mess. Way too many lines. There's something to be said for simplicity, and striking a balance. I think they went slightly too far in the opposite direction. Just my opinion.

If they took off the "halo 4" off the controller I would never of guessed that it has to do with with "Halo 4." It looks just like another system and controller skin you put on yourself. I think the design is a little generic, nothing stands out on it.

Just to be clear, when you say 'subtle shield sounds' do you mean your console makes a sound similar to the shields recharging or am i just getting excited

:D Eject/close is shield recharge, on/off is grabbing one of the powerups I believe (my Reach memory is a bit hazy though).

The Halo 4 console will have its own sounds though, hopefully they're as good. The Gears of War 3 console also had

, and while the on/off is awesome, I can't even make out what the open/close is because it's so faint.

EDIT @below: The novelty on my Reach sounds hasn't worn off in the slightest. Like I said, waaaay better than beeps and dings.

Edited by Veedrock

Why you linked IGN is beyond hilarious for me, when the OP clearly says that the console has its own sounds, similar to the Reach console.

Do IGN send out its own employees to gaming forums to link back to them or do you just find IGN to be the most credible source?

That was partly my fault, i completely skipped the part about the sounds in your OP. I'm tempted to buy it just for that. I'm a sucker for all the gimmicky crap but i'm sure the novelty would wear off quick:p

No? What's stopping any retailer from purchasing in bulk and re-selling it?

Besides, Microsoft knows how overpriced their own stores are. Let other retailers do the job.

Why would the retailer sell it for less and lose money?

No I posted IGN to show where I got the info from. To show that I didn't pull the $399.99 price out of thin air. Can you find a more credible source? Try Kotaku It says the same thing as IGN.

Edited by DividedbyN1ght

Can you provide a source that states Microsoft is selling the system in bulks? Until I can read that from a legitimate source, I think you pulled that idea out of thin air.

Can you find me a source that says Microsoft will be the only provider of the console? It leaked on Microsoft's site, that does not mean Gamestop, Best Buy, etc will not be carrying it. Stuff leaks on Amazon all the time, do you take that at face value and assume Amazon is the only provider because of it?

Can you find me a source that says Microsoft will be the only provider of the console? It leaked on Microsoft's site, that does not mean Gamestop, Best Buy, etc will not be carrying it. Stuff leaks on Amazon all the time, do you take that at face value and assume Amazon is the only provider because of it?

I'm not the one who started this. iBuzz couldn't figure out why I posted IGN under information I got from their website? I explained why I posted the source and provided an additional source.

What you think I may or may not believe is irrelevant. I provided sources and an answer to his question. I have yet to see his source and trying to answer a question aimed towards some else with your own question further proves that he has no answer or a source.