100 Feathers - All you Need to Know to get them

Psycho Chickan

Hi everyone,

I know a lot of people hate collectables, I'm one of them. AC2 has a bunch of them but only the feathers are a real pain as they don't show on your map. I was stuck finding the last two and found something buried in the menus that should help make this task much easier.

1. To view what feathers you have in each area of each city.

• Press Start
  • Select DNA
  • Keep Moving right until you pass all the sequences and come to Feathers. Press A (X360) or X (PS3)
  • Select each city and it shows how many feathers you have out of the total for each.
  • Press A (X360) or X (PS3) on the city you are missing them in to see a breakdown of the areas in each city.

2. Go find the remaining flags...oops I mean feathers ;)

Hope that helps some of you. Seems a silly place to put the feather counter if you ask me but at least they added it in. Takes the pain out of searching entire cities for single feathers :)

http://www.haldane.id.au/Chickan/ScreenShots/AssassinsCreed2/AC2_SS1.JPG

http://www.haldane.id.au/Chickan/ScreenShots/AssassinsCreed2/AC2_SS2.JPG

Edited by Psycho Chickan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind collectibles but the flags from the last game were annoying. I thought AC2 done a good job with these though. I found it fun looking for the feathers and there is actually a benefit for getting them in this game. They are not that well hidden and the city landscapes are brilliant so I enjoyed just walking around the various towns or taking a gondola down the canals of Venice. Not as good as Arkham Asylum's collectibles but still they are pretty good.

I don't mind collectibles but the flags from the last game were annoying. I thought AC2 done a good job with these though. I found it fun looking for the feathers and there is actually a benefit for getting them in this game. They are not that well hidden and the city landscapes are brilliant so I enjoyed just walking around the various towns or taking a gondola down the canals of Venice. Not as good as Arkham Asylum's collectibles but still they are pretty good.

Yeah I agree but searching for the last two after I'd done the lot was a right PITA. One thing I loved about this game was the Eagle Vision highlighting the feathers. A very nice addition in conjunction with a reduction in the number to 100 and a prize for getting them all other than an achievement.

This would have been useful had I found it a few days. During the game I intentionally avoided collecting as many feathers as I could, but in the end I picked up 4 or so that I didn't know the exact location of (still had accurate guesses though). This would have saved me some time backtracking and searching exhaustively for ones I already had. Oh well.

Congratulations, you have found the menu.

Seriously, really? Are you guys so obsessed with your gamerscore that you don't even take the time to explore how the game operates? Well anyway, given how many people this has helped I suppose it should be included in the guide.

Congratulations, you have found the menu.

Seriously, really? Are you guys so obsessed with your gamerscore that you don't even take the time to explore how the game operates? Well anyway, given how many people this has helped I suppose it should be included in the guide.

I'm not gonna be mean about the whole thing, but I am sorta surprised that people aren't clicking on the DNA strands or checking out their Villa to find the weapon/armour racks.

I thought the same thing.

I had a ton of fun finding the feathers...just jumping from rooftop to rooftop and randomly killing guards. It wasn't all that hard as they show up in eagle vision, you can kind of hear them as you get near them and they usually near some sort of landmark (i.e. a viewpoint, assassination mission, a shop).

Not as good as the shanking, but still quite enjoyable.

First of all, let me say thanks for posting this info! I hate trying to locate and collect items but this definitely made things easier!

Here's my dilemma: I have 99/100 feathers and the DNA shows I have 1 missing in Tuscany but I've been through there literally 5 times and used all the maps available but I'm not finding the last feather!

Has anyone else run into this or have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Hi lunabanchee cuz, I did this yesterday when I was collecting large portion of the feathers (I figured it would be less painful to break it up in sessions).

Anyway, if I remember right what you have to do is run up the wall, bounce off and jump into the direction of the pole. I think it's like a wall jump or whatever you want to call it. That's how I did it. Just make sure you move your LS in the direction of the pole.

Oh and Scott31815, did you use the pictures that show exact location of the feather? It comes pretty helpful sometimes. Maybe there is a spot that you missed?

Hi lunabanchee cuz, I did this yesterday when I was collecting large portion of the feathers (I figured it would be less painful to break it up in sessions).

Anyway, if I remember right what you have to do is run up the wall, bounce off and jump into the direction of the pole. I think it's like a wall jump or whatever you want to call it. That's how I did it. Just make sure you move your LS in the direction of the pole.

Oh and Scott31815, did you use the pictures that show exact location of the feather? It comes pretty helpful sometimes. Maybe there is a spot that you missed?

Yeah, I used the map combined with the pictures and I'm pretty sure I followed them correctly. I've been through Tuscany so much I feel like I know it better than my own neighborhood! I have to be missing something somewhere but I just don't know what. It's killing me that 1 lousy feather is keeping me from 1000 points! Oh well, I'll keep looking because I'll be damned if I'm not going to find it!

Thanks for the response!

Im using Youtube videos right now, works very good so far.

BUT BEWARE: Part 2 of 4 (Venice) contains a spoiler, so don't use it if you havn't finished story already.

The others are linked from this one:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmHU-GCTpPU]YouTube- Assassins Creed 2 feathers and glyphs Walkthrough Part 1 of 4 Venice[/ame]

Edited by horstwayne