Official Bitching Thread

Gamer Relaps3

I agree with everyone's bitching in this thread; sawed-off shotgun WTF in MP, skins are entirely too expensive and should have been included with purchase (at least most of them) and last but not least Seriously 3.0... this is going to take 1000+ hours to complete, ridiculous (I guess I will be playing this game forever :-).

But here is a complaint that I haven't seen touched on in this thread...

Don't all of you just hate "kill stealers" in multiplayer?! You down someone and then someone sneaks in and steals your execution. Cheap bastards. Well the darn AI is doing it to me constantly during the campaign! I am playing solo in the campaign (my coop buddy got pulled away for two weeks for work poor guy... right on release day no less :-). Not only does the AI just rush ahead and kill everything around me, stealing kills left and right, but as I am working on my "Judge, Jury and Executioner" achievement, the AI just keeps sweeping in and taking my executions all the time. So frustrating! Not that I feel that I won't get the achievement some time because it is definitely one of the easier ones, but for example the mortar is very difficult to pull off since I have to down an enemy with a rifle, pick up the mortar, move slowly over to the enemy (moving with the mortar is slow) and then attempt my execution only to have the AI slip in and boot stomp the grub. BS I say. My "down" of the enemy, my kill.

Plus I can't stand that while I am searching around for COG tags, ammo and collectibles (trying on my own first before using the guides), the darn AI goes rushing off ahead, setting off enemy hordes, etc. and by the time I get to them the battle is over... WTF? I bought the game to play, not just be a spectator :-) Is there something I am missing? Is there a way for me to get them to stop rushing ahead?

Edited by BrinkX

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why didn't Epic enable campaign and horde kills to count towards the medals? With the mass amount of kills needed for Onyx it seems flat out ridiculous that only versus kills can count towards the medals. I should be rewarded by playing the different game modes; not just one.

I really hope Epic patches this soon. I've played the campaign once and a bit of horde & beast but it seems like a waste to play those modes right now if you are going for Seriously 3.0. At least in Gears 2 playing horde helped me progress towards 'Seriously 2.0' and 'Party Like 1999'.

Does anyone have Epic's customer support email? I would like to beg them to make this change.

The 'Everyone Only Uses Shotguns' was the main reason I stopped playing MP in Gears 2 ... and will probably be the reason I won't play it in 3 much. Horde is fun/crazy, and an improvement.

My biggest complaint, outside of what people have said about campaign, is how when you progress in Campaign from Chapter to Chapter, you lose any weapons you picked up. THIS NEEDS TO BE PATCHED. It's annoying as all hell, frankly.

The 'Everyone Only Uses Shotguns' was the main reason I stopped playing MP in Gears 2 ... and will probably be the reason I won't play it in 3 much. Horde is fun/crazy, and an improvement.

This. Horde is really fun, of course the campaign is awesome, esp co-op (stoked it'd 4p now!)

But seriously, the mp in this game is fucking stupid because of one reason: the shotguns. Both of them. I'd probably looooooove this game if it weren't for the shotguns.

do not attempt the campaign solo on the harder difficulties as the stupidity of your AI partners will nearly give you an ulcer... they are so fuckin srupid its unreal. playin on hardcore when you go down and they leave you to die, thats happened to me way too many fuckin times to count and ive went down right beside them. they have no strategy at all basically just run up and melee everything. the only thing good about them is that they take a straight ass kicking as you take 1 boomshot round they take like 5... if you ask me epic needs to give this game an EPIC patch!

I bitch because I was retarded and deleted my beta files, thus losing any of the nice bonuses I could have got from playing GoW3's beta.

HERRRPPPP DERP.

... I'm angry with myself ._.

Oh shit, THAT'S why I didn't have the unlocks. I did some spring cleaning on my hard drive and figured "beta's over, might as well delete it"

Don't all of you just hate "kill stealers" in multiplayer?! You down someone and then someone sneaks in and steals your execution. Cheap bastards. Well the darn AI is doing it to me constantly during the campaign! I am playing solo in the campaign (my coop buddy got pulled away for two weeks for work poor guy... right on release day no less :-). Not only does the AI just rush ahead and kill everything around me, stealing kills left and right, but as I am working on my "Judge, Jury and Executioner" achievement, the AI just keeps sweeping in and taking my executions all the time. So frustrating! Not that I feel that I won't get the achievement some time because it is definitely one of the easier ones, but for example the mortar is very difficult to pull off since I have to down an enemy with a rifle, pick up the mortar, move slowly over to the enemy (moving with the mortar is slow) and then attempt my execution only to have the AI slip in and boot stomp the grub. BS I say. My "down" of the enemy, my kill.

Plus I can't stand that while I am searching around for COG tags, ammo and collectibles (trying on my own first before using the guides), the darn AI goes rushing off ahead, setting off enemy hordes, etc. and by the time I get to them the battle is over... WTF? I bought the game to play, not just be a spectator :-) Is there something I am missing? Is there a way for me to get them to stop rushing ahead?

1. So i see you play solo?!? Ok, let me tell you a story: I play the game yesterday on easy, solo and get every execution and the achivement. No problem. I simply follow a guide for the rare weapons and done.

2. I think you try to collect everything in you first playthrough?! Why? I mean, just play the game and collect everything in the second and let the AI do the dirty work. You must play a second time to get the insane achivement...

3. Kill stealing is nothing new. It´s the MP. Like you firing at one guy in BF or CoD and another one steal your kill. You get most of the points for assists in this game and you can do everything in private matches...i see no problem there...

One good example for bitching about nothing. Don´t take it personal. ;)

Nothing fishy about it. Staight up imposible. Seriously1.0= 80+ hrs, 2.0=15+ hrs, 3.0 looks like 1000 hrs.

Spot on .

The war supported medal makes the game 170g short and will do for a few months to come

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE to get seriously 3.0 legit. At this time

Dunno if this has been mentioned but the matchmaking for campaign is pretty stupid. I'm trying to find a game on Insane Act 5 and I just keep getting the same game where the host has it paused. WTF Epic.

Been happening again all morning even though it can find 6 games it keeps connecting to one where everybody is dead.

My biggest complaint, outside of what people have said about campaign, is how when you progress in Campaign from Chapter to Chapter, you lose any weapons you picked up. THIS NEEDS TO BE PATCHED. It's annoying as all hell, frankly.

Well either I happened to be holding the exact weapons they give you by default for the last 4 acts of the game every time, or you don't know what you're talking about, because once I got to act 2, I always had the same guns with me from the previous chapter (save the one where you switch from playing as Cole to playing as Marcus, which makes sense because of the character change). Defaulting back to the Lancer and Gnasher only happened in Act 1 for me.

Laughing at all the people bitching about people using shotguns in multiplayer.

Anyone that has Seriously from Gears one knows how fun the shotgun is to use. And it's one of the only ways to show your skill online, with strafing, bouncing, blindfire accuracy etc.

In fact most people from Gears 1 i'd say, hate the lancers with the stupid stopping power. *step out of cover* *Get lancered down in seconds and I can't roll to the next cover due to stopping power* Hmmm, sounds skillful. -.- Any noob can do that. And most of them do.

That's the reason I avoided Gears 2 like the plague. (That and they ruined the shotgun and movement) So with a return to the Gnasher's strength, you'd all better get used to Beastly players from Gears 1 shotgunning you time and time again.

Sawed-off. Underserved kills for everyone who uses it. Even if it's only one shot with a slow reload, you don't even have to aim. Just shoot in their general direction from a couple steps away and either A) you body them and they explode or B) the Omen on their screen will get super red, making it easier for their team mates to down you. People just run toward you, absorbs your point-blank shotgun blast, and blindfire and you're gone. The top player in points in EVERY game I played has had that gun in their loadout. No skill involved. Anyone who quotes me and disagrees, uses the pussy gun.

Playing offline with nephew when the game fucked up. Now I can't even get into campaign without it freezing. So stupid. Here's a couple of pics of what happens. Another Epic fail.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m227/N_o_M_a_D/gears3.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m227/N_o_M_a_D/gears4.jpg

Not really a huge problem or anything but...

Anybody else kinda feel like the campaign was somehow unfinished?

Or maybe it ended a bit abruptly?

I'm not saying it was too short or anything. But I feel somehow... Unsatisfied with the ending. Maybe it was wrapped up too fast for me?

Not really, i thought it wrapped things up nicely.

[spoiler=terrible]EXTREME SPOILER[spoiler=terribler]At least in my Opinion. [spoiler=terriblest]Don't Say I didn't warn you![spoiler=Unbelievable]DOM IS DEAD??? WHAT THE FUCK!

After this, I Seriously don't even Care about the Campaign anymore. I would not Finish it if it weren't for Achievements. Its just too much. I seriously Teared up a little.

No amount of Happy Ending will Fix this.

Don't bother. That was the climax of the story.

The Carmine ending [dead or alive?!?!1111] was lame.

The character development was lacking.

Too many place-filler no-name characters.

Locust story either didn't fill in the gaps, or was pathetic [depending on how you chose to interpret the reveals].

The actual ending was a joke.

Tangents that may serve as commentary in the real world are laughable.

Oh, and Gamestop giving $30 in-store credit for a game less than a week old, that's "the game of the year."