Xbox One $349.99

gravelandx88

I don't know when the price dropped but I noticed today on Gamestop they reduced the price. So I checked [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One/dp/B00KAI3KW2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415116334&sr=8-1&keywords=Xbox+One+Console+Only]Amazon[/ame] & Bestbuy. They did the same. Walmart has a better deal, XB1 w/ AC Black Flag and Unity bundle for same price.

I'm wondering if the reason behind the price reduction is to phase this model out and replace it w/ a future 1TB model? :confused:

Edited by gravelandx88

I don't know when the price dropped but I noticed today on Gamestop they reduced the price. So I checked Amazon & Bestbuy. They did it too. Though Walmart has a better deal at that price.

I'm wondering if the reason behind the price reduction is to phase this model out and replace it w/ a future 1TB model? :confused:

They announced the price decrease almost 2 weeks ago. It took effect today. Amazon and Best Buy offered $50 credit/giftcards to people that preordered the Sunset bundle even though it released before the official drop.

The 1TB consoles still run over $400. The AW bundle is $449.99.

They announced the price decrease almost 2 weeks ago. It took effect today. Amazon and Best Buy offered $50 credit/giftcards to people that preordered the Sunset bundle even though it released before the official drop.

The 1TB consoles still run over $400. The AW bundle is $449.99.

Thanks, I don't keep track of the gaming news. So this is news to me. Do you know why the retailers keep dropping the price? I don't remember the 360 dropping so many times in the first year. I was thinking about getting this model but my friends advised against it, saying wait for the next model to come out and reduce in price. They said the current 500gb runs out of space sooner than you think.

I currently have a 360 w/ 120gb, though 80% is filled up. An anything bigger than that is fine by me. So I'm leaning towards Walmart deal because I live close by. But I think these games aren't physical copies.

Thanks, I don't keep track of the gaming news. So this is news to me. Do you know why the retailers keep dropping the price? I don't remember the 360 dropping so many times in the first year. I was thinking about getting this model but my friends advised against it, saying wait for the next model to come out and reduce in price. They said the current 500gb runs out of space sooner than you think.

I currently have a 360 w/ 120gb, though 80% is filled up. An anything bigger than that is fine by me. So I'm leaning towards Walmart deal because I live close by. But I think these games aren't physical copies.

Its Microsoft lowering the price. They basically tell the retailers what to charge. The price decrease was to try to increase sales for the upcoming holliday season.

I just got the Sunset Bundle with the 500gb hard drive and people are right...it fills up fast. Every game auto installs, even discs. And they are pretty much full installs (though you still need the disc in for hard copies). I have 7 or 8 games installed right now and 43% of my HD space is used up.

The one nice thing is that the "instant on" feature that basically puts the console into standby when you "shut it off" allows for DLs and installs to continue while the console is effectively off. So you can erase a digital copy or disc install when you are done with a game then, if you anticipate wanting to play it again, install/DL overnight while you sleep.

Edited by bigbear.

Do you know why the retailers keep dropping the price?

Consoles are loss leaders. Basically, stores will take the hit on the console and then make it back and then some with purchases of the games and accessories.

Also, because this was Microsoft's announcement instead of stores competing against each other, the retailers are getting kickbacks and rebates from Microsoft so they aren't really losing any margin by selling at a lower price.

Same argument when people said that 20GB was more than enough for the Xbox 360 back then...

Except now it's true.

How many games do you have installed at once that it takes up 500gb? You can't need all of them installed at once unless you like playing twenty different games a day.

Not the same thing. Installs weren't required and we didn't have 20GB updates for games to download when the Xbox 360 launched. Totally different ball game now.

Even back then people who were tech literate knew (Heck, even I knew) you'd need way more space when digital contents become more important over time.

How much space does Advanced Warfare take up? 50gb? 1/10th of a 500gb hard drive?

Oh, NBA 2k15 is the same? Not to mention all of the required updates, day one or not, that take up multiple gigabytes.

One of the pros for consoles over PC (for me, personally, back when I played on consoles) was the ability to not have to install every game. I could have a shelf of 50 games and play whichever one I wanted at any minute.

Yeah, 500gb isn't "more than enough." At least externals are supported now.

I always have at least 10 games installed and under 50%. The fact that some people want to always have every game installed isn't a concern for the majority of people, and isn't a real issue. You guys are the minority that use externals or buy bigger.

I, for one, am more than happy with my 500gb drive. Don't know what else to say to the OP that's on topic. Anyone else have an opinion on storage size?

Anyone else have an opinion on storage size?

I'm good with the 500 GB hard drive. This was a concern of mine before launch, but I don't have a problem just managing my game installs. I still believe that 1TB should be standard in the consoles, but that'll happen soon enough. I don't buy digitally unless it's a downloadable only game, but those aren't usually as large of a file size, so redownloading them isn't as big an issue as something that's 50+GB. We're still not to a place where I see any value or reason to go all digital - I see absolutely no upside to it, I do however, see and read about all the problems and hassles that come along with it. So this is really only a problem for those who've gone all digital.

On the space issue:

I am at 96% full. I don't play games to completion before starting my next game so that's why I have so little space left. I'd rather keep as much as I can on the hard drive so I can switch between any game I own without having to wait for a download. I just bought a 2TB external for less than the price of 2 new games so I can keep all of my games available.

I don't think it's a huge deal, some people will play one game until they're done and delete it while others hop around. To each their own.

It will be interesting to see game sizes in a few years if they're hitting 50gb now. I'm assuming a digital retail game when GoD first came out isn't very big compared to a digital destiny or GTAV. By that time though X1 will be cheaper and have more storage.