Beginning NOT easy!

spyder2g

Granted, it has been a while since I last played the main game, but it's a stand alone (still need main game in Xbox) and they strip you of everything you've earned like fancy moves and toss some tough crap at you right off the bat. A bit too much imho. Like sticking you in that tiny fenced in area behind the restaurant when you first need to defeat one of those powerful enemies by filling the new version of the face gauge. I'm getting better at re-killing the dead as I go forward and it's always easier when you have more room to fight.

Something that's helped me too is that I figured out you could still buy a soda to add some bonus melee damage, even though the machines don't show up on your map anymore.

Not controller destroying difficult, just a slight pain in the ass - at least for me - in the beginning. That's my 2 cents :)

• 1 year later...

Not understanding this. Ok first you say the developers strip you of your combat moves ? I still had all of mine (got original 1000 in main game). The combat is no different then the main game, enemys glow red when they are attacking, press Y and counter. They are supposed to feel intimidating compared to human bad guys but they never felt like a boss in Ninja Gaiden lol were i felt this was going to be an impossible victory. Even when i still hadn't unlocked the power meter I still was able to flawlessly beat the supernatural, even the king demons. The combat is easy enough though once you play the main game enough.

My tip is to keep an eye open on every enemy at once. Many times you will unleash a powerful set of combo moves on one bad guy and his buddy will try to sucker punch you in the back. If you watch every bad guy at once then this will never happen again. Practice makes perfection.

• 2 years later...