Playstation Vita + Playstation 3 = Simultaneously?

Emfulz

For some reason when I try to search this forum it tells me it's out of memory so if this has been asked and answered already please forgive me, this is my first time stepping foot in this side of the pool. (sony systems)

I am getting a PS Vita (got one cheap off of eBay) and had a question about multitasking. My dad wants to get a PS3 so he can download old games and play some new ones as well. He's going to be getting the Plus Membership since I told him that they'll be giving free games for quite some time still for the PS3. I was wondering could we both use the same account for Plus simultaneously so I can take advantage of those free vita games? Will I be able to play the Vita signed in at the same time he plays the PS3 signed in?

Also what size memory card is best to get for the vita? The vita I bought doesn't come with one.

Thank you :drunk

For some reason when I try to search this forum it tells me it's out of memory so if this has been asked and answered already please forgive me, this is my first time stepping foot in this side of the pool. (sony systems)

I am getting a PS Vita (got one cheap off of eBay) and had a question about multitasking. My dad wants to get a PS3 so he can download old games and play some new ones as well. He's going to be getting the Plus Membership since I told him that they'll be giving free games for quite some time still for the PS3. I was wondering could we both use the same account for Plus simultaneously so I can take advantage of those free vita games? Will I be able to play the Vita signed in at the same time he plays the PS3 signed in?

Also what size memory card is best to get for the vita? The vita I bought doesn't come with one.

Thank you :drunk

Well me and a friend share a plus account on his ps3 and mine. I believe plus can be shared on 2 devices at the most

Forgot to mention, you will need the plus axcount on both devices, use the plus account to download and activate your games etc then just sign into your own account, you dont need to wait for the downloads to finish, as long as you started the sownload you can sign into your account and the downloads will continue

Edited by Lewie B I ReQ

You can both be logged into the same account on a PS3 and Vita at the same time. But if you'd prefer to have seperate accounts you can also do that by D/L the games from the account that has PS + and playing them on a different account that's on the PS3.

As far as memory card goes it depends on how many games you play at a time. This is roughly what each size of memory card will hold.

4GB

• Can hold 1 - 2 digital retail games.
  • Can hold around 5 PSN games.
  • Can hold about 2 - 3 movies, depending on length.
  • Can hold 1200 songs
  • Can hold around 1000 photos
  • Can hold around 5 - 10 game DLC and patches, depending on it's size.

8GB

• Can hold 2 - 4 digital retail games.
  • Can hold around 10 PSN games.
  • Can hold about 4 - 6 movies, depending on length.
  • Can hold 2400 songs
  • Can hold around 2000 photos
  • Can hold around 10 - 20 game DLC and patches, depending on it's size.

16GB

• Can hold 4 - 8 digital retail games.
  • Can hold around 20 PSN games.
  • Can hold about 8 - 12 movies, depending on length.
  • Can hold 4800 songs
  • Can hold around 4000 photos
  • Can hold around 20 - 40 game DLC and patches, depending on it's size.

32GB

• Can hold 8 - 16 digital retail games.
  • Can hold around 40 PSN games.
  • Can hold about 16 - 24 movies, depending on length.
  • Can hold 9600 songs
  • Can hold around 8000 photos
  • Can hold around 40 - 80 game DLC and patches, depending on it's size.

Which was taken from this thread: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/vita-discussion/172087-beginners-guide-vita-psn.html

You can both be logged into the same account on a PS3 and Vita at the same time. But if you'd prefer to have seperate accounts you can also do that by D/L the games from the account that has PS + and playing them on a different account that's on the PS3.

As far as memory card goes it depends on how many games you play at a time. This is roughly what each size of memory card will hold.

Which was taken from this thread: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/vita-discussion/172087-beginners-guide-vita-psn.html

Thank you for the Info Jordan. I got an 8GB today for $10 and snagged Killzone Mercenary. Soul Sacrifice and The Unit 13 seemed awesome but I just don't know any good games besides Killzone because I liked 1-3 on PS2 + PS3.

Thank you for the Info Jordan. I got an 8GB today for $10 and snagged Killzone Mercenary. Soul Sacrifice and The Unit 13 seemed awesome but I just don't know any good games besides Killzone because I liked 1-3 on PS2 + PS3.

Nice, 8GB for $10 is a pretty sweet deal. Killzone Mercenary was an excellent choice! Super fun game, although if you plan on going for the platinum be prepared to do some serious grinding! ;)

Nice, 8GB for $10 is a pretty sweet deal. Killzone Mercenary was an excellent choice! Super fun game, although if you plan on going for the platinum be prepared to do some serious grinding! ;)

Jordan do you know if Soul Sacrifice and The Unit are worth a purchase? My local video game store rents out Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, DS and 3DS games but no PS Vita so I basically have to blind purchase or read some reviews and that's what I did for Killzone.

Jordan do you know if Soul Sacrifice and The Unit are worth a purchase? My local video game store rents out Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, DS and 3DS games but no PS Vita so I basically have to blind purchase or read some reviews and that's what I did for Killzone.

Unfortunately I couldn't tell you much about those games aside from that I've heard Soul Sacrifice was very good. I'm relatively new to Vita ownership as well so I've only played Killzone, Resistance (HORRIBLE! DO NOT BUY!) and a few PSN games.