Worst enemy in the game....

Judivarious

That walking "Human Torch" guy.....

He can hit you through walls, he can hit you around corners, he can hit you without even seeing you. He takes 900 bullets just to die, he can take 98% of your health away in one hit. He can take 4 rockets to the face and survive (Ultra violence difficulty)

Overall, overpowered, bulls*it enemy....

EDIT: Oh yeah, and he revives the dead, I forgot that one...

Edited by Judivarious

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But he can't hit you without even seeing you. That's how you avoid getting damaged. When you see the fire coming up at the bottom of your screen, you get out of his line of sight and like most other monsters, it breaks his attack.

http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Archvile

But yeah, other than that, these guys are still nasty bastards. Like the original game manual said, "You can't think of enough rotten things to say about him."

The Arch-Vile is only a threat when surrounded by other monsters, aside this he goes down quickly. Pain Elemental is also painful he's a ammo drainer. Revenant though is can be a real b*tch at time, especially in map06 of the new episode, there's a bunch spotted in high places and their homing missile can hurt badly at times. u.u

The Arch-Vile is the toughest bad ass to me. I hate him most and I love him most since he is annoying in some maps. (e.g. Map 19 Behind the door where Spider and Cyberdemon beat the shit out each other. :uzi:) But if I could play a Doom-monster it would be the Arch Vile, since he has cool abilities (cool but annoying for the doomguy) and it is an enemy that you rarely spot - related to Revenants or Mancubi.

Archviles were my most hated enemy too, until I figured the whole 'if they can't see you they can't hit you' thing, just strafing around a pillar works pretty well. Then they quickly became my most hated again when I realized they could revive enemies ... so ridiculous when they're in a group.

Those guys with homing missiles are pretty annoying too. Oh, and those mini-spiders aren't so bad themselves, but I HATE the noise they make. When there are a few on the other side of a wall near you, it makes my ears bleed.

I have to be honest compared to some of the total conversion WAD's I've played (Hell Revealed 1-2, etc), the Archvile in Doom II here was kind of a joke, lol.

That said, yeah I learned to REALLY hate them in the tougher WAD's.

I think Pain Elementals annoy me more though, the sight of that thing just pisses me off whenever I see one pop up in a level, haha...

On Ultra Violence, Revs or chaingunners. Mancubi are pretty damaging but not very accurate. Archviles are pretty easy once you learn how long their warm up takes.

Revenants because of their homing rockets, There's nothing more annoying than ducking into cover just a fraction too late and have it swing around it and hit you.

Chaingunners due to how fast they can take you down if you don't notice them.

On Nightmare, Any hitscan enemy.

Chaingunners and revenents for me.

Chaingunners are just so annoying becuause you can't dodge their attack and they can absolutely mince you from range

Revenants for the homing missles

Mancubi are fine, the attack is easy to dodge, plus the attack has such a wide range that they're great for starting monster infighting. Nice big target too :p

the pain elementals are annoying but i found a little glitch with them. if you walk right up to them (face to face) so you cant walk any closer then start shooting as he attacks you wont see the lost soul come out. all you will hear is the explosion of it. so if a lost soul hits something the instant it comes out it explodes instantly. it really helps when fighting them but not to handy when other monsters are about.

if you want to talk or play doom my gamertag is wez133 :p

Edited by wez133

Yeah, that part bothers me. My chaingun isn't that accurate from such a great distance. Why should theirs be?

The first two shots of the Chaingun will always hit dead on where you aim it, If you keep pressing fire instead of holding it down it becomes extremely accurate.

Revenants (those skeleton things). Aside from the Arch-Vile or Pain Elemental, the first monster that I will take it is often those Revenants because of their stupid homing fireballs.

Personally though aside from the Hell Knights (which are a welcome change from the "meat-shield" Barons) and Arachnotron's most of the Doom II enemies are more of a nusciance than the original Doom monsters. Never paid much attention to it since I'm used to playing with a mouse and without having to worry about being "infinitely" tall in Zdoom so it they were less of a threat than in the old-school version...