Tip: How to get Prowler on the Roof!

alright guys, I got it last nite, I can honestly admit that I absolutely HATE these type of achievements but after 800 orbs in Crackdown, 100 Kittens in Superman, A million pieces of nothing in Saints Row and a couple other ones I now have Prowler on the Roof too...and uh, you can too with these easy steps.

Play the level on the Horror so that you get better pieces. Not only do you get better pieces, the pieces (muffler for example) are bigger than just a million clocks, nails and FORKS that blend into the darkness! Plus wouldn't you rather have better pieces so you can level up your guns? Plus Horror is easy you just have to be able to beat the two fat zombies at the end and HOPE the key drops, if not, no S rank, to keep the pieces. (you don't have to beat the level to get the achievement)

Breakable objects don't mean a thing. I've completed this level before with just a few unbroken but when I finally got this achievement I had 60 things left to break. DON'T break the mailboxes, use them to get onto the roofs, I hate the trampolines....long live ZAMN though!

Check EVERY porch regardless if you think a piece is there or not, you may be surprised. Check every HOOD and TRUNK of EVERY car also because forks and other smaller items blend in too-well with them. Also, if there is a small gap between houses run over the area too, sometimes things are there you don't see.

There is a piece in two different trees. The tree to the right of where you start. And the tree to the right of the bridge.

Last but for sure not least. CRANK the sound up! I was playing with headphones on to let my wife sleep. I noticed that a lot of the time when you think you've ran over a piece and collected it you haven't actually, so keep an ear out for the sound of the item, if you got headphones on you can really hear the different noises each piece makes (kinda neat, I love the batteries)

If you run over a piece and you don't automatically collect it the best thing to do it seems to just jump on top of it, clocks always give me problems on every level of this game.

so.....hopefully that helps. if not, don't give up.... at least you're collecting weapon pieces needed to progress your weapons. Once I knew the layout of the level and where most of the pieces were it only took me 40 minutes to collect eveything, granted I've played this level about a hundred times now I think!

Off subject! Too any of you cats reading this, do you have any information on what's the best level to play to collect a lot of mufflers, it seems most of the level 3 weapons need 'em....the dang flashlight needs 45 or some crazy amount and I'd like to have it before setting out to conquer the next difficulty. Thanks for any help.

that is awesome man, i am going to try it AGAIN...

but i had this problem the last time i did it and i think i just screwed over...

okay, i had like 3 peices left, and i was just so frustrated that i started destroying everything, i found ATLEAST 7 peices in mailboxes and yet, it didn't count them towards the 3 i needed!!! glitch?? or what?? i honestly hope that they come out with a patch for this game cuz i think its awesome and i wouldn't have stopped playing it if it wasn't for the boss battle glitching....

Nah, not a glitch, they just don't count towards the weapon pieces collected... I think they do however add to your count to be used. But the pieces the game wants you to find aren't hidden in anything, they are out in the open.

i did it on thriller and it took about an hour and a 1/2 most pieces i found were in the front houses on top at the begining of the levels and the last piece was after the highway before the fat zombie on top of a chimmney by the trampoline

Me and some friends were having a really hard time getting on top of the roofs near the beginning. Are there any tricks to get on any of the roofs that you remember? You said mailboxes, I will try that but there was this one house across from the fire truck that I just couldn't get on.

Any advice would be great, thanks!

I have another question...... I play co-op with my friends offline. I am just making sure that not just one person has to collect all of the parts right? There are 3 of us, I am just making sure that we can all collect the parts scattered around to get the achievement at the same time right? Just hope not only one player has to collect the parts!

• 1 month later...

does anyone check this anymore? This achievement is pissing me off. i've been searching for 2 hours and i only have 1 left. can anyone who got this (if they can remember) post where you found your last weapon part? everywhere i go, on top of houses, between houses, on top of cars... i cant find the damn thing anywhere!

This has to be the worst achievement I have ever gotten. I finally just got it after spending over an hour looking around on this level.

I'm not even going to try and get the rest of the achievements for this game.

Then when I finally got all the weapons parts, it wouldn't even let me finish the stage. So all the parts I collected were for nothing except the achievement. The gate just wouldn't open up for me. I guess I took to long on the stage so it just broke.

• 9 months later...

hey dude thx for the advice ill try it once again every screws up hehe oh was wondering if you got any mates who still play or even your self mind helpin me out with online achievements i will with you if not thx annyway man bye :Bounce::Bounce::Bounce::Bounce::Bounce::Bounce::Bounce::Bounce::Bounce::Bounce::Bounce::Bounce::Bounce::Bounce:

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...