assault on norinbad WTF

Your best bet is to do this part on Xbox Live. If you use Andariel, you can shoot them with 4-5 blasts of the normal ranged attack, and they will turn and chase you. Just run the opposite direction of the door, and they will stay away from the door. This will buy a lot of time for teammates to kill them.

By the time you play through this part on Legendary, your character should be powerful enough to destroy these trolls before they get up the stairs, especially playing multiplayer with teammates.

Doing this on my own on Heroic nearly killed the game for me. With real co-op partners I can see this being insanely easy, but on your own, the ai is just so damn stupid they make life more difficult.

As for the Ogres, I found just concentrating on one and spamming my special attacks was all it needed. For some reason, at least on my game, it needed both Trolls at the doors to start pounding on them, I kept one busy by the front gate where they first enter, and the other just ran to the inner gate and stood there waiting, when his buddy got killed, he just turned around and ran at us. They never hit the door once.

The trolls will stop and come after you if you shoot them with a projectile, like a bolt, arrow, or staff shot.

One will go to the door, and wait until you get there. Concentrate on one, then pelt the other one enough to get him to come after you.

This is definitely the part of the game that takes the most strategy, especially on your first playthrough.

Also, Farin's explosive bolt wrecks trolls.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got to this point on my first playtrough. Have tried 5-10 times now and turned off, but i'll try some of your advices, thank you..

Is it really THAT easy on heroic? it dosnt make sense :)

but yea, the AI is some stupid f*ckers. It would be a good idea if you could mark the enemy and they attacked them. And why are they so weak?

Every time i switch character to use the points when they level up, they dont make half the damage as my main character, Andriel.

Am i doing something wrong or what? :)

Sorry for a lot of questions, in a wrong thread :p

I agree with the comment that you can lure them away with ranged shots. Depending on how you respec your players you can easily oneshot the trolls on your Legendary playthrough. Heck, I had trouble taking down the sappers more than anything. They kept loading to where they were too far apart to chain explode. Finally did it though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Scotty

this was by far the hardest part of the game so far. just got past it on my lonesome, took me about 7 tries, i think it glitched a little bit too. when one of the trolls was at the door, he wouldn't hit it while the other one was engaging me, then i killed the first one and the second one at the door still fucked the door up, but turned after getting a few power attacks on it. the boss after these was harder though, fuck me, this AI is shocking.

• 1 month later...

The assault on Nordinbad IS the hardest part in the game. Huge, unreasonable difficulty spike. Once you beat this, you've practically already beaten the game because the rest of the game is cake compared to this. Even the final boss wasn't NEARLY this frustrating.

Juggling only works to an extent. The trolls will ignore you for the most part and go straight to the doors. I was only able to do this because I used all the health/power potions and temporary bonus potions I had saved up until this point and I got lucky enough that the first troll to reach the doors did that AI glitch where he stands there at the doors without attacking for a while, like he forgot what he was supposed to do.

And THANK GOD there's a checkpoint between the trolls and the orc captain, because he's not exactly easy, either. If I died on the captain (which I did a few times) and had to go back and fight the trolls again, I would've quit playing altogether.

Edited by Samurai Kadaj

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This part kicks my ass every single time. I'm not looking forward to doing it on Legendary difficulty. :(

While this part is one of the hardest sections in the game to solo, 2nd in my book behind defending the dwarves while they power up their WMD, my first playthrough was with the ranger and my legendary was as the dwarf. Just use the glitch of the dwarf by dumping everything into ranged with his explosive shot power and you can litteraly wipe out both trolls on legendary in one shot as they come through the gate as well as the orc captain and all his cronies.

Seriously I waited till I was lv 40 (max) and use the dwarf and literaly walked through this game one shotting everything and beat legendary in one sitting in like 2 hours.

• 1 month later...

Are game designers fucking idiots? its really annoying difficulty spike and then you have to fight another boss straight after the second troll dies. Almost no arrows left as the piece of shit AI didn't help at all taking the trolls. The AI has been awful throughout, did the AI programmers just eat deep fried pizza instead of programming? Anyone he says it mean to be played with other players is just making excuses for shitty AI

• 5 months later...

I managed to do the entire Nordinbad survival mission alone on both normal and heroic. I'll be playing Legendary soon. I think heroic played easier than normal due to better levels and gear. The hardest part for me isn't the trolls, it's the sappers. After dying twice at the sappers, I stood between the door and the stairs, threw a sanctuary and kept blasting them left and right as they came. When I missed some, I detonated the sanctuary. Rinse and repeat.

Detonating the sanctuary really works wonder when swarmed generally. The DMG is around 10,000 per hit, and you can hit multiple enemies, and usually one shot the crazy-wielding dudes with the funny helmets.

Edited by neeker75

• 2 months later...

This was a bitch the first couple times (hence my coming to this thread :p ) but I got lucky somehow or there was some kind of glitch-- one of the trolls died really fast, and then it was easy to keep the other one interested.

The sappers were easy enough as Andriel by standing where the ballistae used to be; when they started coming from both sides, I moved to the front middle and turned around facing the stairs, shooting the goblins in the back as they ran for the doors.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...