Bitching/Complaint Thread

Maka

Overall, the game is pretty amazing, but with that being said there is a long list of things that drive me nuts about it. Included in that are:

• Auto-upgrading is pushed, and also sucks balls
  • No Leaderboard option to only sort players using a your car
  • Music is not good at all. Sounds like Wii menu music
  • Not enough cars
  • You can't sell cars
  • Good cars are locked as "DLC" even though they've been a part of the Forza library since Forza 2 (Ex. #55 Mazda 787B)
  • "Cards Affordable" label was on a series that I couldn't afford (Glitch?)

I made a quick video comparing autoupgrade to custom upgrade and explained why it sucks so bad:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA9qz-ezvAM]Forza Motorsport 5 - DO NOT USE AUTOUPGRADE! - YouTube[/ame]

Feel free to use this thread to discuss problems about this game.

Edited by Maka

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Auto-upgrading is pushed, and also sucks balls

This is my biggest gripe at the moment. The AI makes odd choices when choosing what upgrades to apply. Now I just look at the list to see what cars are available, then purchase the car and upgrades separately.

My only other complaint is with the Drivatar rival car. It seems that on the first few laps everything is normal, then usually on the last lap it powers through the pack and likes to ram you. On one race, my rival was in 6th place going into the last lap and was a good distance behind the front of the pack. Within a minute it had closed in on 3rd place and when myself and the car in first went into a corner, the rival car rammed straight into me as if I wasn't even on the track.

[*]Auto-upgrading is pushed, and also sucks balls

Agreed, so I try and buy a car and mod it myself but I can't see any way of finding out what class the car has to be modded to without launching the race and looking at the leaderboard.

The reviews for this game were definitely not done by forza players.

You forgot multiplayer.(it's like FM3) maybe we just get good MP options and menus on even iterations

We can't gift cars, tunes, paint!!! What the heck

We can't save replays from multiplayer races

* I turned the music in game off as soon as I found out through button mashing and got into a menu that I could, I left the menu music on. The music is well written. But it really doesn't match, plus I'd rather here the engines and tires.

Agreed, so I try and buy a car and mod it myself but I can't see any way of finding out what class the car has to be modded to without launching the race and looking at the leaderboard.

Buy the car and try to enter the race. The menu will tell you that your car is not competitive, and tell you what class to upgrade it for.

I'm having an extremely negative opinion towards to the issue of progression and money with this game. I've played in D400 races and S700 races, and the rewards are always the same. Even with assists off, on harder difficulties, I'm only getting like 6,000 - 8,000 CR per race. It is literally taking FOREVER to get money, and at this pace it will take me 60 hours to unlock the Lotus F1 car. On top of that, you can just buy the car with real life money... only for $60!

Does anyone know if this gets faster? Or what the rewards are based on? (Other than the obvious)

Surpised no one has mentioned the absense of the Fujimi Kaido track..or most previous tracks for that matter! :eek:

Nurburgring is evident too. Loved that track.

I never knew there was auto-upgrading until i watched Maka's video and that explains alot, i was wondering why when i purchased a car the price says "calculating" first then the amount comes up..

I'm not sure whats going on with the Drivatar;

1) They seem to ram me alot

2) They seem to go alot faster and speed past me aswell alot (i think now it could be to do with the Auto-upgrading?)

Edited by DjBatfink

I'm having an extremely negative opinion towards to the issue of progression and money with this game. I've played in D400 races and S700 races, and the rewards are always the same. Even with assists off, on harder difficulties, I'm only getting like 6,000 - 8,000 CR per race. It is literally taking FOREVER to get money, and at this pace it will take me 60 hours to unlock the Lotus F1 car. On top of that, you can just buy the car with real life money... only for $60!

Does anyone know if this gets faster? Or what the rewards are based on? (Other than the obvious)

Nurburgring is evident too. Loved that track.

Are you taking into acc the Cr you get for levelling up etc :confused:

im not really new to forza , but why is it so temperamental when it comes to going even the slightest bit off track ? sometimes i can hit the grass and keep going , others i come to a complete stop even at 150 mph. same for other types of road ( sand , dirt , pavement .

also , if you are having issues with ai , just turn off driving assists ( braking etc..) then make drivatars noobs . it offsets each other making it null on the % you earn/get penalized for . you more than make up for it with loyalty money from staying with same brand .

Maka try rivals and free play mode!!!

I have 2.6 million credits. 12hrs 12m time driven.

Rivals apparently gives you a bonus for where you end up on the leaderboard. I'm usually running a 40-46% bonus plus my assist which are 35-40% (TCS on or off depending on car) plus you get more XP for more laps.

Free play. Depending on how good you are with your car allows you to set a max of 50 laps (more xp- less menu time) and you can really up the drivatar level. I usually race pro or unbeatable forget what the percentages are? (50%- for unbeatable). With a bunch of laps you are no where near as pressured to make up all those spots and either your position on pole is either PI or leaderboard, not sure about that yet. But in Any event it can be from pole at times for me.

Example. I did 5 laps of silverstone national in a lotus exige (tune provided by "tuned by worm") and I started from pole and ended up lapping on drivatar. For a total of 10k and change.

5300 credits-race

35% assists

50% drivatar (unbeatable)

16% affinity

Over 10k for alittle less than 6min

That tune is a grip tune and I'm 41 on the leaderboard. I'm usually 4-6 seconds slower than the really fast guys so I'm not all that.

Edited by PervasiveFall8

You can easily download user created tunes on the fly. I needed an S-Class upgrade for my Lotus Exige S and there were a bunch of user created tunes I was able to download and install while in the multiplayer lobby without any problem.

I haven't noticed much of a performance difference on the auto-upgrade, mostly because I download custom tunes, but I have used it in career without too much trouble.

My biggest disappointment with the game is the fact there are no changeable weather conditions, it would be so much better racing in the rain and at night even. I am sure its not that hard to do other racing games manage it. I mean really, any one that lives in Britain will have probably never seen Silverstone in sunshine like that, its Britain ffs it always rains, well a lot anyway.

i have played every forza and i personally am the most dissapointed with forza 5, i chose the honda s2000 and wow it is so bad, coming out of the hammer head at just 40 mph on the second race the car will not turn at all it just understeers straight off the track and then it starts wallowing left and right it is just not right steering is so unresponsive almost at any speed, i even gave my controller to two friends watching so they could see if i was just awfull and they were amazed how bad it actually was. On top of that everything that is listed above and the fact i cannot start a new career anywhere.

Did they remove damage? It seems to be something that was prevalent in the first three.

Edit: Someone told me you can enable the damage in the assist menu, I must have been blind since I didn't see it. It was at least always enabled by default I though.

Edited by RCP13Jackal

I do really like the game but am getting really frustrated with the drivatar system and can't figure out how it works.

For example one of my friends drivatars seems to be really quick in every single race yet when I look at the leaderboard after each race my lap times are a good 4 to 10 seconds faster than his.

It does make the races more of a challenge but doesn't make much sense. Plus the ramming in some races make it ridiculously hard to race clean. I'm just hoping when I get rammed it doesn't count as me driving badly and have a negative effect on my own drivatar.

The Matchmaking is this game is FUCKING TERRIBLE!

They said you request a match and then it tells you when your game is ready.....well what a crock.

I've just spent an hour trying to do some races this morning and had ONE!

It either brings back a message saying cannot connect, so well done on those dedicated servers MS or this is my favorite one, it's puts me into lobbies that are half way through races like 6/11 etc so it's not like I can ready up anytime soon.

This whole thing needs sorting out ASAP especially when I have an Accelerator equipped and they waste it with crap servers and dodgy matchmaking!!

Edited by IEvil IMonkey

I have a love / hate relationship with Drivatar. I love that it makes the career mode more challenging, but I have 2 excellent Forza racers on my friends list and I can never beat them. It isn't even that they are faster than I am, they are just cleaner racers. I don't have any evidence, but the Drivatar's seem to be better racers if the owner is cleaner. Being behind them constantly, their Drivatar's are very neat, they follow the lines and take every corner & pass correctly. Whereas all the guys I can beat are messy and all over the place.

That is my only gripe with the game. I can see why people are hating the money system, but I always work up from the bottom anyway - so that isn't bothering me. I haven't tried online yet, seems like you lads are having problems there.